Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:23 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)
Default Emily The Strange Limited Edition available for pre-order at Amazon UK

This one seems to be gone under the radar, but Amazon.co.uk have listed Emily The Strange Limited Edition. It's been listed under PQube who are the UK Publisher for games such as Blazblue and the recent Guility Gear XX.

In terms of details all there is at the moment is a picture, however it seems to include the following:
  • Branded T-Shirt ( images looks to indicate it's a female T-Shirt)
  • Branded Key Ring
  • Emily the Strange: dark Times novel
  • Emily the Rose Poster
  • Standard copy of the game ( NDS)
The price is quite steep at £89.99 and will be released on the 10th June 2011. It's not known at the moment if the contents will be in a single box or individual items similar to Balazble Continuum Shift Fan Edition.

A request for more information has been made from Pqube and will update as it comes available.

You can Pre-order it here: Amazon UK PQube Emily the Strange Limited Edition

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="504" caption="Emily the Strange Limited Edition Amazon UK NDS Pre-order"]
[/caption]

Update: 09 - May -2011 13:10 GMT

I receive an e-mail back from Pcube, this is what they say.

"The Limited Edition will have a reporters notepad ? image attached. I will get a press released sorted this week and include you in the mail out.

There will also be a Special Collector?s Edition ? contents to be confirmed, but again, I will make sure you are aware of the package as soon as it is confirmed."

picture is below.

... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
DB Proprietor

Default Re: Emily The Strange Limited Edition available for pre-order at Amazon UK

I have just contacted Kevin Hutchinson (Marketing and Sales) at Pqube for more info, he will get back to me on Monday.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM

The Russian Bear's Flag is: UK
Default Re: Emily The Strange Limited Edition available for pre-order at Amazon UK

£90??? It better be numbered.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian Bear View Post
£90??? It better be numbered.
Really? £90 for a DS CE? Outrageous! I agree, it had better be numbered and extremely limited, plus also come in special packaging for that price!

Which leads me to wonder - Will this come all specially packaged in a unique box, or is this just related merchandise which will be bundled into a shipping box alongside the standard game?

I don't quite understand where they get the £89.99 from, seeing as the hardback Dark Times book can be purchased separately from amazon for only £5.49:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emily-Strang...im_sbs_vg_h__2

The game itself is only £17.99:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Emily-Strang...im_sbs_vg_h__1

Game + Book = £23.48

So you're telling me that a T shirt, keychain, and poster are worth £66.51 between them? Like fuck they are!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Staff Member

Biggav4000's Flag is: Wales NORTH WALES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
Really? £90 for a DS CE? Outrageous! I agree, it had better be numbered and extremely limited, plus also come in special packaging for that price!

Which leads me to wonder - Will this come all specially packaged in a unique box, or is this just related merchandise which will be bundled into a shipping box alongside the standard game?

I don't quite understand where they get the £89.99 from, seeing as the hardback Dark Times book can be purchased separately from amazon for only £5.49:

Game + Book = £23.48

So you're telling me that a T shirt, keychain, and poster are worth £66.51 between them? Like fuck they are!
Totally agree with you gemini ,was going to preorder this till i saw the price,well overpriced.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Staff Member

mosavon's Flag is: UK United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post

Game + Book = £23.48

Old 05-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

In my opinion, this set is at least £40-£45 too expensive for what is actually included, and the price of certain items separately.

Plus it is still unsure whether this is a legit CE or whether these are just related items bundled together with the game like that BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Fan Edition
Old 05-09-2011, 08:59 AM
DB Proprietor

I agree with Gemini on this one, the price is way out. I haven't heard anything from Kevin yet, but it's early in the morning.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
DB Proprietor

Update: 09 - May -2011 * 13:10 GMT

I received an e-mail back from Pcube, this is what they say.

"The Limited Edition will have a reporters notepad ? image attached. I will get a press released sorted this week and include you in the mail out.

There will also be a Special Collector?s Edition ? contents to be confirmed, but again, I will make sure you are aware of the package as soon as it is confirmed."

Picture of the notepad is above.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:35 PM

The Russian Bear's Flag is: UK

Ahh well that changes everything. The price is now perfectly justifiable.
Seriously better get some decent stuff or thats just sad panda
Closed Thread