Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Old 04-22-2012, 01:42 AM

v1sav1s's Flag is: United States
Default Hi from California (NA)

Hi Collectors,

Like many others before me, I stumbled onto this forum when searching for pics of rare collectibles. I lurked for a few years and used pics as references when shopping on ebay. But with your approval, I hope to acquaint myself with all of you. I believe there is much I can learn from collectors who have far more experience than I and that this is the place to start.

Due to very limited funds, I can only focus on a few franchises. Assassin's Creed, Fallout, and BioShock. You've probably already noticed that they have varying degrees of historical context which is what appeals to me the most. But I do have a few items from other franchises such as Diablo, StarCraft, and The Elder Scrolls.

I was 6 years old when I started gaming with Super Nintendo and Win 95 (this was during their declining years). At 13, I received my first computer. But it wasn't until I was 19 that I owned my first console, the PS3. The first game I bought was BioShock, which also marked my growing appreciation for video games as an art form rather than just fun. It also sparked my interested in collecting video game memorabilia.

Therefore I think it's fitting that I start off with BioShock...

Lego Creator, Mario Teaches Typing, and Carmen Sandiego

Anyway, I hope you guys don't mind adding a new member to this community.

Last edited by v1sav1s; 03-08-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:01 AM

toxicatom5's Flag is: United States
Default Re: Hi from California (NA)

Welcome!

Bioshock is one of my favorites too. That Murder of Crows is awesome! I've seen a couple on eBay, where did you come by yours? And what version of the record is that, I don't think I've seen that before.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:20 AM
*BANNED*

Robalvarez2010's Flag is: United States Earth

Hi and welcome. I love bioshock as well and I have been trying to get my hands on that murder of crows bottle.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM

foreverflash's Flag is: United States Massachusetts
Wink Welcome friend.

Warm welcome friend!

No way! I'm stunned that you have one of those EXTREMELY limited murder of crows replicas! That's a serious collectible right there. I read it somewhere but forgot - do you know the history of how these crow bottle replicas came to be and where they were originally given out? You certainly deserve a worthy congratulations! I will now envy you forever until I can have one of those (which will be, like, never due to their incredibly rare value)...

...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 AM

AndyTheCollector's Flag is: Czech Republic Czech Republic

and enjoy your stay here mate! I love Bioshock universe as well! However I have only Bioshock 1 and 2 collector's editions and 2 different Little Sister figurines. Really love this crow bottle! It looks absolutly stunning, I would love to have one. Didn't hear and see anything like this before, but due to comments here I see it's really unique one. Can you tell me more about it?
Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 PM

Hello guys! Thanks for the warm welcome and compliments. I posted a new pic which shows the vast majority of my AC collection. There remains a handful of AC items in storage which I'll photograph when I've the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicatom5 View Post
Welcome!
Bioshock is one of my favorites too. That Murder of Crows is awesome! I've seen a couple on eBay, where did you come by yours? And what version of the record is that, I don't think I've seen that before.
I bought the Vigor from eBay from a journalist who writes for a show called "E!". The record is from the BS2 viral campaign called "Something in the Sea". Recorded on the disc is the Rapture anthem, "Rise, Rapture, Rise!" followed by a Little Sister's voice calling out to her father (Mark Meltzer). Basically the whole campaign follows Meltzer as he struggles to discover the location of Rapture to rescue his kidnapped daughter and eventually leads up to awful fate that awaited him after he is reunited with her. You can actually hear his last audio diary in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalvarez2010 View Post
Hi and welcome. I love bioshock as well and I have been trying to get my hands on that murder of crows bottle.
Good luck, I hope you find one! The cost may rise if the game becomes anywhere near as successful as its predecessors (especially the first one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
Warm welcome friend!

No way! I'm stunned that you have one of those EXTREMELY limited murder of crows replicas! That's a serious collectible right there. I read it somewhere but forgot - do you know the history of how these crow bottle replicas came to be and where they were originally given out? You certainly deserve a worthy congratulations! I will now envy you forever until I can have one of those (which will be, like, never due to their incredibly rare value)...

Thank you. I've actually seen quite a lot of these sell on eBay in the past few months. Most of them were sold for upwards to $800, but I've also seen one signed by Ken Levine for over $1000.

I don't know much about the Vigor other than what I'm about to tell you. Even then, I'm not sure how much is fact. But hopefully it helps in the end.

The Vigor was originally created for promotional purposes and included in a press kit when the game was first announced. You've probably already guessed that only journalists were allowed to this press event. However, there were a few leftovers after that and I know they handed out a few more at certain conventions like Gamescom. A few of the remainders were also given to fans during giveaways/parties. I've heard different reports of how many were made, some say there are only 500, others claim that Irrational confirmed the number at 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTheCollector View Post
and enjoy your stay here mate! I love Bioshock universe as well! However I have only Bioshock 1 and 2 collector's editions and 2 different Little Sister figurines. Really love this crow bottle! It looks absolutly stunning, I would love to have one. Didn't hear and see anything like this before, but due to comments here I see it's really unique one. Can you tell me more about it?
It's based on an actual in-game Vigor found in the game (similar to Tonics from previous BioShock games). There's some liquid inside that I can't identify without cracking it open. Maybe Irrational already revealed the secret without having anyone to ruin a great collectible? :p The bottle weighs around 2kg and seems to be made out of a thick plastic. The necklace feels like a heavy coin. Carved under the bottle is a number which supposedly serves as an indentification number (out of all the ones that were created). Hope this helps, I've left some more info in my other replies.

Last edited by v1sav1s; 04-22-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:50 PM
*BANNED*

There are actually 750. There are the artist proof ones and the ones that were handed out. I actually had a chance to get one autographed by the voice actors but passed on it when the price reached $1,100. They appear every now and then on eBay. But next time I see one I won't pass on it.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalvarez2010 View Post
There are actually 750. There are the artist proof ones and the ones that were handed out. I actually had a chance to get one autographed by the voice actors but passed on it when the price reached $1,100. They appear every now and then on eBay. But next time I see one I won't pass on it.
Thanks for clearing that up. Do you have a link to where they confirmed the number at 750? Also the first time I heard about the APs, can you tell us the differences between them (if any)?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:10 AM

fm4dj's Flag is: Austria Austria

Welcome! i m also new to the forum. Your AC collection is just amazing!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM
*BANNED*

Artist proofs are the ones that are given out to the ones who made the item and also to the developers of the game. I will find the link of the information on quantity and post it here. There are really no difference, just some come autographed and also numbered. While some don't. The ones that are not signed or numbered are usually the ones that were given out to the creators and developers.

Last edited by Robalvarez2010; 04-23-2012 at 07:22 AM.