PDA

View Full Version : Collector's Editions and their Territories

Solemn_In_Berlin
01-17-2013, 09:04 AM
So yeah, I never quite understood why some CEs are exclusive to certain territories. It's puzzling to know that Europe almost always gets the best editions, even if it seems plausible that those same editions can be offered to, say, North America. I mean, I get why small/niche companies like NIS America and Ghostlight can only offer their CEs to region they're from, but the same thing can't be said about big-name publishers like Ubisoft and Square Enix. So yeah, I don't understand why a collector's edition can be different depending on where you're from. Does anyone have an idea on why this is so?

Platfus
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
If we wouldn't have our AC czech editions, I wouldn't have anything to trade :rotf:

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

vhal_x
01-17-2013, 11:42 AM
I think it's probably to do with making it fair for everyone. UK/US/CA get a lot of CEs in general, so it's not like they're missing out massively (in the companies' eyes) if an edition is to be announced, exclusive to another country.

Smaller countries, or countries less accessible to us get exclusive CEs as, just as they are unaccessible to us, WE are unaccessible to them (in general, not like through this site). So they get their own CE to get a sense of fairness.

Also, I don't mean this in a bad way, but poorer countries such as Poland (where the wage rate is much lower than that of the UK for instance) get their own CEs to be in level with their wages, so they can have one they can afford. For instance, the Dead Island Survival Kit, which was Polish, was FULL of content. Yet only cost the equivalent of ?40. That was a STEAL to all of us in the UK/US/etc, as we were getting the game at the normal price, but all the extra content "Free". To Polish people, ?40 is still a few days wages (compared to that being a days wage for Allan, who is on a low paying job for the UK), so they still see it as value, due to the amount of content, but within a price range that if they really want it, they could afford it.

That's just how I see it.

Although I do hate sometimes how other countries get exclusives, which makes it harder for me, I totally understand why it is xx

Platfus
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Thats the reason why I am here. Now its possible to get Czech editions, just say if ya want :)

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

NoScruffyNo
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
It is usually due to market research responses and all the different localisation issues; laws on importing and tax etc.

A few games for example have one name in the US and one in the EU. I think it will likely be a similar story for CE's.

Twisted
01-26-2013, 03:37 AM
but then look at the ninja gaiden 3 collectors edition..it was the EXACT SAME worldwide, europe, usa, australia, japan etc...all identical..so how do u figure?