PDA

View Full Version : Safest way to send a slipcase in the mail

Phenomenal Flea
01-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Hi, guys! I don't post here often, but when I was thinking of where I'd ask for advice on this matter, I thought of here first.

I bought a collector's edition from an online store, but the slipcase arrived damaged in the mail. I called up and asked for a replacement, and they'll be sending me down a courier bag with some cardboard, and they've asked me to flatten the slipcase and stick it in between. I'm imagining they'll be sending the replacement with the same cardboard, and I'm kind of worried about the cardboard rubbing against the slipcase and making the replacement look worn.

I was trying to think of ways to avoid this. Maybe put a piece of paper or some thin plastic in between? Has anybody had to do this before? Can you give any suggestions on how to avoid damaging the replacement?

Thanks, everyone.

Gazereths
01-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Is it DVD or bluray sized? If it is you can get plastic wallets for them. Or just wrap it in bubble wrap then put it between the card.

Phenomenal Flea
01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
It's the slipcase for the DmC Son of Sparda Edition. It's just a bit bigger than two DVD cases.

Gazereths
01-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Would it fit inside a comic book bag?

Phenomenal Flea
01-20-2013, 11:51 PM
I don't have any, unfortunately. I have little bags for DVD cases, but it certainly wouldn't fit in one of those. I think bubblewrap and cardboard could work, but I just don't quite know how secure that'd be.

Redmagster
01-20-2013, 11:55 PM
Best bet if possible is to pad out the slipcase as if it were around the original game and then bubble wrap first then in a card box - should travel safely :)

Just make sure the card isn't agains the plastic as it could leave it 'worn' :)

comaamen86
01-21-2013, 12:53 AM
hire fifteen security guards send in a plastic vga box, then with said security guards hand deliver vga box containing slipcase.

Twisted
01-21-2013, 05:44 AM
this is strange..a store is demanding a "slipcase" to be returned?..in order to swap it out for another one?..why would a mass retailer type store be overtly concered with a paperflap on one of thousands of copies of said game?..that they asked it be carefully sent back like it's some million dollar art piece..as opposed to some marketing gimmick piece of cardboard.