PDA

View Full Version : Sealed nes game but worried about getting autograph on it

SherbertDancesWTF
02-01-2013, 04:25 AM
Hello I'm new here and I have a sealed nes legend of Zelda and link collectors edition. I was wondering if it is better to get an autograph on the sealing or the box. I'm afraid if I take the sealing off it won't be worth more but the autograph on the sealing will wear off or won't be as special. Please tell me your view.

Madigan
02-01-2013, 04:42 AM
If it's a rare game, I prefer a signature on the seal and then buy an acrylic box to protect it.

Personally, a sealed game is better than an opened one with a signature, always talking about rare editions.

kittychloe
02-01-2013, 09:15 AM
if your intending to sell it or use it as an investment, signed on seal.. if its personal and you never intend to sell and you want permanence then on the box

vhal_x
02-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Signing on the seal is just retarded in my opinion. If you're gonna get something signed, get it signed on the actual item (even if it means having to deseal).

There was a discussion about this before, as somebody got their Diablo III CE signed by all the devs, on the seal. If the seal were to ever be damaged, signatures gone. Signatures will also wear off of a seal much easier than if they are on the item itself, bam, signatures gone xx

vhal_x
02-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I've also seen before some people cutting a small square out of the seal (to enable the item to stay as sealed as possible), but so the item can be signed on the box xx

kittychloe
02-01-2013, 10:09 AM
that seems excessive to me.. i would just get them t sign the box cartridge and manual so its a set :D

ingmar1988
02-01-2013, 01:58 PM
I think a signature that has been put on 20 years after release is very lame.

Item should be autographed when it was launched/promoted.

TMM
02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Hello I'm new here and I have a sealed nes legend of Zelda and link collectors edition. I was wondering if it is better to get an autograph on the sealing or the box. I'm afraid if I take the sealing off it won't be worth more but the autograph on the sealing will wear off or won't be as special. Please tell me your view.

Hi,

I guess it depends... Like someone else has asked, what are your intentions? For your own personal collection or for something to sell on to make a profit...

On top of that... What's worth more? (I know this is what you're asking...) A sealed version of the game... or a signed but unsealed version of the game? If the answer is the latter then it doesn't matter if you take the seal off... If the answer is a sealed version of the game, then have them sign the seal as it'll mean that it's a little bit more than just a sealed version... I guess again, this mainly boils down to personal preference of you or the buyer...

Regards
TMM

OniRyo
02-01-2013, 04:20 PM

Collector's Edition of these NES games? There are none, do you mean the first original releases?.

Imo it depends who you're going to get a signature from, if it's Shigeru Miyamoto or Koji Kondo it would be amazing of course, and i would just put it in a case, but if i did get a signature from these kind of people i would prefer it on a newer release, unless you can get 2, hah.

Saturn
02-04-2013, 03:54 AM
Am I the only one who prefers to have a clean box rather than seeing it signed?

OniRyo
02-04-2013, 05:16 AM
Depends i guess, because having a signature from the legend Shigeru Miyamoto is something i wouldn't want to miss out atleast :p

NaughtyDogJames
02-04-2013, 03:40 PM

Can I ask why?

comaamen86
02-04-2013, 03:46 PM
open and sign that is the only way although the vga mob will hunt you down and burn you, there is no reason to sign on the plastic, that is just going full retard in my opinion

comaamen86
02-04-2013, 03:48 PM

makes no odds mate, by that reasoning you would have to have a photograph of the signee hold a dated paper to proove it was signed then or who would know or care?

as long as it is signed by the relevant people makes no odds