PDA

View Full Version : Is your collection worth more or less than you paid?

NaughtyDogJames
02-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Just in your opinion. Also say what you collect. I'd guess that CE collections will be worth less and stuff like PK's will be worth more.

Personally mine's, in my opinion, worth almost double what I paid.

vhal_x
02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Probably a lot less, considering I open everything, but I don't care about value really, since I never plan on selling any of it :) xx

NaughtyDogJames
02-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Probably a lot less, considering I open everything, but I don't care about value really, since I never plan on selling any of it :) xx

Yeah but it's nice to know you'll get your money back if you had to.

What vhal collects- everything, especially shiny things ;)

OniRyo
02-06-2013, 12:50 AM
I paid for all my First 4 Figures statues for the retail price where some of them goes for 800-1000 dollar on ebay now and one i won from a competition which sometimes goes for 1500-2000 dollar and i bought so much CE's for a cheaper price than the original price, i can tell my collection is worth a lot more than i paid for.

SwiftDeath
02-06-2013, 01:04 AM
I collect steelies and CE's, maybe some random promo stuff if I can get it for a good price

Hmmm about the value of my collection

I know some things that I paid too much for but I am very confident that my CE's are worth more than I paid them

Steelbooks worry me to be honest. Always have a fear that the market will drop out on them and they'll just be worth the metal they're printed on :(

For example NFS undercover and Mirror's Edge used to sell consistently for a LOT of money like anything under 300 or 350 euro was unheard of, now that's not so strange

Based on current prices I would say my steelie collection is worth more than I put in to it though

Would be a pain in the ass to sell it though not that anything sort of a gun to the head would make me though :P

NaughtyDogJames
02-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Not as worried as I am about the Uncharted 1 PK. They seem almost unsaleable at the moment. You can pick 'em up for ?200-250 in the dutch version. I just hope they don't drop much more. Still I'm slightly protect by having an English version.

SwiftDeath
02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Not as worried as I am about the Uncharted 1 PK. They seem almost unsaleable at the moment. You can pick 'em up for ?200-250 in the dutch version. I just hope they don't drop much more. Still I'm slightly protect by having an English version.

So is the dutch version actually in dutch?

Because the one's ingmar sells seem to be in english and I thought he had the dutch versions :think:

vhal_x
02-06-2013, 09:03 PM

Because the one's ingmar sells seem to be in english and I thought he had the dutch versions :think:

The writing on the box is in English for all versions, but the included newspaper-y thing is in Dutch xx

NaughtyDogJames
02-06-2013, 09:04 PM

The actual journal is english but the internals are dutch.
Damn vhal beat me to it.

Platfus
02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I think my small collection is worth at least double and half I think. Even some items are damaged, I dont care, I love'em. For example I got the Master assassin edition almost for free, Auditore edition in a huge sale, black edition traded etc... But without this forum, I wouldn't have about half of it :)

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

ingmar1988
02-07-2013, 03:11 AM

I just sold to many lol, my last one (well i actually have two left after that but i keep those for my self) is on auction now (its stayed on 5.5 pounds, but since a little bit it over a 100 now...18 hours to go! (have now 50 watchers). Hope it goes for about 200 or so. Can really use the money.

http://i.imgur.com/Hw2qM.jpg

Letrico
02-07-2013, 03:47 AM
holy shit balls those amount of PK.

mosavon
02-07-2013, 04:08 AM
I don't regret much collecting wise but i must say i am in agreement with the UC1 PK, somehow i just don't feel it anymore, i wouldn't say its unsaleable but of course its not selling like it used to. The shine has gone & I kinda regret getting caught up in the hype.

Regards the rest of the collection, i'd like to think a break-even is possible, i've had bargains for sure along the way so i guess it swings around. I am not really a money kinda person, i don't really care about that side of it, i just get what i want and then on to the next :)

NaughtyDogJames
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't regret much collecting wise but i must say i am in agreement with the UC1 PK, somehow i just don't feel it anymore, i wouldn't say its unsaleable but of course its not selling like it used to. The shine has gone & I kinda regret getting caught up in the hype.

Regards the rest of the collection, i'd like to think a break-even is possible, i've had bargains for sure along the way so i guess it swings around. I am not really a money kinda person, i don't really care about that side of it, i just get what i want and then on to the next :)

I reckon it will come up again in prce as Ingmar flooded the market which dropped it by as less come up so it will rise. By unsaleable I meant difficult to get a reasonable price as opposed to difficult to sell.

NaughtyDogJames
02-07-2013, 05:29 PM
I just sold to many lol, my last one (well i actually have two left after that but i keep those for my self) is on auction now (its stayed on 5.5 pounds, but since a little bit it over a 100 now...18 hours to go! (have now 50 watchers). Hope it goes for about 200 or so. Can really use the money.

Hmm I's guess at 170-200. I doubt it'll go for too much. Hope it sells well. That picture still amazes me.

mosavon
02-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Unsaleable, lol i know :thumb:

rapidly-greying
02-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I open everything so probably not. I collect mainly ps3 stuff with the odd bit of ps2 and nintendo stuff(Mario and zelda mainly).

Also like my tshirts and hats.

rapidly-greying
02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Can I have an ebay link to you're ebay stuff naughty dog please.

NaughtyDogJames
02-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Can I have an ebay link to you're ebay stuff naughty dog please.

I have nothing for sale though?

LowlyAssassin
02-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Hmm my collections both the retro and ac would possibly be a little less then I paid for them
I thinks

Sylfaris
02-09-2013, 09:48 AM
more less than anything else. Even tho you would have to find ppl who are willing to pay it - and lets talk open we are a bit rare ....

Sometimes i look back and my small collection and ask myself if i'm stupid but well just sometimes ... :pooryou:

Also my old old collection (which is tarted at the age of 9) has been destroyed by my mother :sorry: she threw ALL packages away so i only have the cartridges left. My poor Resident Evil 64 ...

Well now i have to start again :banana:

rapidly-greying
02-09-2013, 09:49 AM

Can I have a link to your
Ebay stuff for sale please.

rapidly-greying
02-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Naughty dog,mixed you up with igmar.

NaughtyDogJames
02-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Naughty dog,mixed you up with igmar.

Ah that makes sense.

ingmar1988
02-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Can I have a link to your
Ebay stuff for sale please.

I just sold the absolute last one!

Made me a pretty penny in total, i should find out sometime how much profit i made lol.

mosavon
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I just sold the absolute last one!

Made me a pretty penny in total, i should find out sometime how much profit i made lol.

i'd rather not know, i brought mine from you :blackeye:

NaughtyDogJames
02-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I'd like to know, I just want to know what you paid for them. I still hate you for bringing the price down ;)

ingmar1988
02-09-2013, 07:21 PM
James except for the last one i sold, i sold most between 350 and 700 euro :)
(And made some trades).

I think i bought them for 175ish each (which was a huge investment and risk for me, since i bought 30 in one time).

But all the money is long spend on CE's again lol (still money short)

NaughtyDogJames
02-09-2013, 07:48 PM
James except for the last one i sold, i sold most between 350 and 700 euro :)
(And made some trades).

I think i bought them for 175ish each (which was a huge investment and risk for me, since i bought 30 in one time).

But all the money is long spend on CE's again lol (still money short)

I think I payed ?200 for mine which for an English one I don't think is too bad. TBH I'm quite glad you didn't accept my ?300 offer ;)

Platfus
02-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Agdajdsakjdhkjwasdas, wanted one :D
As I got Explorer Edition, I got into Uncharted more and its awesome :D

NaughtyDogJames
02-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Agdajdsakjdhkjwasdas, wanted one :D
As I got Explorer Edition, I got into Uncharted more and its awesome :D

Platfus is joining the dark side.

Platfus
02-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Coma already joined, so its on me now :D

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w87/alohahedone/join_the_dark_side__DarthCookie.jpg

Saturn
02-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I paid 50 for mine so I can't complain.

NaughtyDogJames
02-10-2013, 10:00 AM
I paid 50 for mine so I can't complain.

If that includes a TDK and/or sampler then I hate you forever. Especially with 2 J&D PK's.

Saturn
02-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Relax, only press disc and promo copy with "not for sale" PS3 case.

NaughtyDogJames
02-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Relax, only press disc and promo copy with "not for sale" PS3 case.

*relaxs*
French version? I still want that promo copy.

Saturn
02-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Yes, french. I know someone who got the portuguese version with no disc at all for 10 euros...

NaughtyDogJames
02-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes, french. I know someone who got the portuguese version with no disc at all for 10 euros...

Tell them I'll give them ?20. They were really cheap before uncharted became big but alas I didn't have a PS3 then.

Saturn
02-10-2013, 11:02 AM
The one that sold for 10 was a few months ago...

NaughtyDogJames
02-10-2013, 11:05 AM
The one that sold for 10 was a few months ago...

:facepalm: it was a joke.

Anyway what do you people think the contents would be worth with the actual journal (English)no sampler or tdk)?

mosavon
02-10-2013, 11:16 AM
I'll have that promo disc very soon hopefully :2cool:

NaughtyDogJames
02-10-2013, 11:18 AM
I'll have that promo disc very soon hopefully :2cool:

*glares angrily*
I've had 5 decent leads all of them have gone wrong due to the seller.

Xtincthed
02-10-2013, 01:35 PM
a LOT more, but that's because I hardly ever buy anything from retail

Nyxus
04-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Don't really know, I wish someone could tell me. :P I know some items have increased in value, and others have decreased. If I were to guess I'd say it's worth less than I paid.

KnightOfTruth
04-07-2015, 08:17 PM
definitely more, though a few items have certainly lost value, most things were gotten for a great price/trade. Would probably be tough to sell though - while the values individually might be worth more, collectively, things are opened so would be less likely to attract serious collectors id think... good thing not looking to sell yet though :)

xhunter
04-08-2015, 03:13 AM
Parts of my collection have gone up in value, parts have gone down significantly, others have only lost value because they have been opened. Just depends on the item and what I paid for it.

definitely more, though a few items have certainly lost value, most things were gotten for a great price/trade. Would probably be tough to sell though - while the values individually might be worth more, collectively, things are opened so would be less likely to attract serious collectors id think... good thing not looking to sell yet though :)

I'll give you $20 for your opened stuff. :P

King Peter
04-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Mostly up, Neo Geo AES cart have been booming lately. I can get easily 5 digit if I sell them all :P

CheapAssassin
04-08-2015, 04:12 AM
Mostly up, Neo Geo AES cart have been booming lately. I can get easily 5 digit if I sell them all :P

:poke: then what r you waiting for??

0329liuken
04-08-2015, 04:25 AM
Definitely worth more than I paid, but some of my valuable items are almost impossible to sell :banghead:

:poke: then what r you waiting for??

Haven't seen you in a while :drool:

CheapAssassin
04-08-2015, 04:33 AM
Definitely worth more than I paid, but some of my valuable items are almost impossible to sell :banghead:

Haven't seen you in a while :drool:

Im trying to be the Ultra Lurker like Flatout wants me to be. :rotf:

comaamen86
04-08-2015, 09:51 AM
nintendo collections have no value

True

Tacoshark
04-20-2015, 02:53 AM
Definitely more, at least 2 - 3 times what I have paid so far, though I have no plans on selling anytime soon. Part of that is probably the nature of the things I collect, mostly LE art and statues in runs of 100-500 that reliably increase in price once sold out. Though I was royally screwed on one item I have been lucky in getting many things for a bargain.