PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something here? USPS Forwarding Service

driv3r
02-06-2013, 10:40 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120789341675&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

This is a US->other countries forwarding service. It says it is $20.99 to ship items weighing 5-35 pounds + the listing fee which is $4.99.

Is this for real? Has anybody used this kind of forwarding service before?
I've been paying $50-60 shipping each time for the heavier packages. Is it that they have some kind of corporate shipping discount?

:-|

twistedsymphony
02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
the only way they could do something like that is if they regularly send shipping containers that they load up and ship thousands of lbs of packages at a time...

I have a hard time believing it to be true at the price they're saying... I can't even ship a 35lb package within the US for that price, nevermind to europe.

ingmar1988
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
i would never trust this to some ebay seller, looks very unprofessional.

vhal_x
02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole xx

twistedsymphony
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
reading the listing again it seems that

-you pay to have your item shipped from the seller to their holding location in the US
-you pay them the $21 fee to ship the item from their US holding location to their EU holding location
-you pay to have your item shipped from their EU holding location to you.

This, I'm sure will end up being about twice as expensive as having the item shipped directly. Their "service" is that you now have a US address where items can be shipped for sellers who refuse to ship internationally.

I've used services like this to get items from Yahoo Auctions Japan (such as Rinkya.com) crazy expensive but it gives you access to items you normally wouldn't have access to.

I do agree that it seems to be a fairly small/unprofessional outfit.

driv3r
02-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Damn. I knew it was too good to be true :P BTW I'm not sure how expensive Rinkya is but if for example a seller ships within Asia but not the States you can always use my Korean address :)

Xmo
02-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Hey driv3r, since you gave me a great deal with the AC steelbook. I'll be happy to help you out with exporting the best I can without over charging you on shipping fees. I don't seek for profit. :hug:
Just hit me a PM :)

driv3r
02-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Haha thanks! I already have a fellow member here who has been overly cooperative. Perhaps I'll alternate once in a while because I feel bad for him getting all my packages all the time :lol:

twistedsymphony
02-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Damn. I knew it was too good to be true :P BTW I'm not sure how expensive Rinkya is but if for example a seller ships within Asia but not the States you can always use my Korean address :)

Rinkya helps out with a lot more than just shipping,

Japan doesn't use ebay, most of their stuff is auctioned through yahoo auctions japan so there is that...

they also don't use paypal and instead use direct bank transfers (meaning I'd also need a Japanese bank account).

Then of course this is a language barrier so even if a seller could accept paypal and is willing to ship internationally, who knows if they are able to speak English (some day I'll learn Japanese :lol:)