PDA

View Full Version : CIB Air Raid for Atari sold for $33,000!

SwiftDeath
02-08-2013, 10:23 PM
For the life of me I cannot find a mention of this particular sale on here but I'm sure many members know about it. If there's already a thread about it, I apologise but could not find it

Anyways, in November of last year a CIB Air Raid for Atari was put up to auction

Supposedly it is one of only 3 boxed copies in the world and the only known copy that has the manual

IGN article about the sale
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/06/atari-air-raid-sells-for-33000-at-auction?utm_source=Email+Created+2012%2F07%2F06%2C +1%3A44+PM&utm_campaign=GameGavel+Emails&utm_medium=email

Original Video of Father/Daughter Looking for it
fvF8OL9O1Fs

So what do people think? 33K for an old game

I suppose it is one of 3 boxed in the world

Wonder how much that manual would be worth by itself :think:

LowlyAssassin
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
And that's a what?
I know I've gone from being slightly clever to a noon but someone has to ask

SwiftDeath
02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
And that's a what?
I know I've gone from being slightly clever to a noon but someone has to ask

I'm confused :think:

What are you asking?

LowlyAssassin
02-10-2013, 01:49 PM
What's a CiB
I thought a CiB was a microchip / micro controller for circuit boards
Or somethingmnto do with circuit boards Ci (circuit) B (board)
So I was and gamma little confused

vhal_x
02-10-2013, 01:50 PM
CIB means Complete in Box :) xx

LowlyAssassin
02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
OK thanks v
I guess that's what happens when acronyms are used in different industries I just get confused

Sylfaris
02-11-2013, 06:04 AM
I really don't see any sence in buying a game which is "worth" so much. 33k$ is much money for one game.

Only ppl with damn much money could buy such a thing. For me I would never pay so much money for the game even it was my childhood fav. (Btw. all the games from my childhood are still buyable with low money - "not 40 years old or so")

Makes no sense to me. You can't even say "yay i will sell it in a few years" or so guess there really really few ppl who are willing to pay so much. May be Wozniak bought the game :lmao: