PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 6 collectors edition (pal uk/europe)

ison
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi guys

Was searching to buy resident evils 6 collectors edition for ps3 and for the life of me i cannot find a sealed one under 100 pounds in any major online shops or ebay.

Now i know at some time game had them for like 60-65 pounds.

What happened in the meantime and the price went so high?

Reason im asking: There is probably a chance i can buy it from a local shop for 100 euros.( aprox80-85 pounds)

Bottom line...should i grab it or is there a place i can find it cheaper?

ison
03-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Could really use some input here :)

Matt16
03-03-2013, 10:09 PM
It dropped to about GBP50 if I remember rightly but then sold out everywhere so the price seems to have gone back up. I personally don't like it (gamestop was better) so haven't followed it much lately but just checking on ebay the best price is GBP80 so that deal you've found might be quite good.

I'm not really much help to be honest :huh:

ison
03-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Well thank you for your thoughts. Im very close on making the decision to buy it...but something holds me back considering how poor the edition is...i dont think its worth 100 euros ( i would pay 60 though).

But as a collector and knowing that i may not be able to find it again in a decent price...it makes my wallet side pocket itch.

Any last thoughts from anyone else?

Matt16
03-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Buy this here (http://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStation%203/Games/28427/resident-evil-6-no-hope-left-edition?previousUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.co.u k%2FSearchResult%2FQuickSearch%3Fq%3DResident%2Bev il%2Bno%2Bhope%2Bleft)

vhal_x
03-04-2013, 10:49 AM
The outer box for the NHL edition was a piece of shit though xx

Matt16
03-04-2013, 11:17 AM
The outer box for the NHL edition was a piece of shit though xx

Ah that blows. I've been waiting for it to drop in price to get it but might not bother then :(

vhal_x
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I got it on release, and was highly disappointed by the box. It is a plain brown shipping box, which GameStop have had a slipcover printed for. And by slipcover, I mean a sheet of gloss paper with a sticky tabbed end to allow the cover to be wrapped around. But it's about 1-2cm too short to be wrapped around properly, so leaves either a horrible white/sticky bit showing at the side, or it ends up ripping when you try to wriggle it off of the box. I ended up getting a replacement slipcover, but I was to stick it myself, but I've just left the sticker tab with the peel-off bit on it, since it won't fit anyway (I got the replacement as I thought my first one was faulty, when in fact, the second one wouldn't fit round it either).

I contacted GameStop and explained that the slipcover is too short width-ways to wrap round the box, and all they said was "Yes we know" :suicide: Grr xx

Matt16
03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I got it on release, and was highly disappointed by the box. It is a plain brown shipping box, which GameStop have had a slipcover printed for. And by slipcover, I mean a sheet of gloss paper with a sticky tabbed end to allow the cover to be wrapped around. But it's about 1-2cm too short to be wrapped around properly, so leaves either a horrible white/sticky bit showing at the side, or it ends up ripping when you try to wriggle it off of the box. I ended up getting a replacement slipcover, but I was to stick it myself, but I've just left the sticker tab with the peel-off bit on it, since it won't fit anyway (I got the replacement as I thought my first one was faulty, when in fact, the second one wouldn't fit round it either).

I contacted GameStop and explained that the slipcover is too short width-ways to wrap round the box, and all they said was "Yes we know" :suicide: Grr xx

That blows goats, what useless set of bog brushes!!!

Why put a nice edition together and then package it badly, dickheads!:rant:

ison
03-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Well thank you for the input...a took a chance and bought it...i hope i dont regret getting it in that price.

There is one more available if anyone is interested at 99 euros.