PDA

View Full Version : Collector/Limited Edition strategy guides

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi going to add all the collector edition strategy guides i can find will reserve first five posts due to limit of pics per a post

Title Tomb Raider Limited Edition Strategy Guide
Publisher Brady games
ISBN 0744014611
RRP 19.99 GBP/36.99 US Dollars/29.99 Euros
Release Date 5th March 2013
Edition Content Description
- Custom Designed Amulet - This handsome 1.5? painted metal replica of Lara?s amulet is the perfect collectible for any Tomb Raider fan
- Downloadable Content - Codes for Multiplayer Characters - includes codes that unlock two multiplayer characters; Scavenger Scout and Scavenger Executioner
- Premium Hardcover - All of the game tested strategies and multiplayer tips that are included in our Signature Series guide, packaged in a deluxe hard cover with a superior gloss -finish

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7448/tombraiderstratguide.jpg

Title BioShock Infinite Limited Edition Strategy Guide
Publisher Brady games
ISBN 0744014603
Release Date 26th March 2013
Content Description
- THE BIRD/CAGE KEY - This exclusive 4? enameled metal replica keychain of the iconic Freedom Key is a must have for any BioShock Infinite fan.
- Includes an exclusive action card from the upcoming BioShock Infinite board game!
- Premium Hardcover - All of the game tested strategies and multiplayer tips that are included in our Signature Series guide, packaged in a deluxe hard cover with a superior gloss -finish

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/7561/bioshockstratguide.jpg

Title Dead Space 3 Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide
Publisher Prima Games
ISBN 030789648X
Release Date 8th February 2013
Content Description
- Individually numbered limited edition hardback guide
- Exclusive Peng lithograph art print
- Incredible concept art section with artists' commentary
- New In-Depth Dead Space Lore
- Dead Space Universe Time Line

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8863/deadspace3guide.jpg

Title Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the Complete Official Guide Collector's Edition
Publisher Piggyback
ISBN 1908172363
Release Date 19th Feb 2013
- 16-page character gallery with background from the development team presenting the artistic choices they made in creating each game character
- Includes a sequentially numbered lithograph created by Yoji Shinkawa printed in high-quality, textured paper
- Collector's Edition hardcover

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9425/metalgearrisingguide.jpg

Title World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Limited Edition Guide
Publisher Brady games
ISBN 0744014336
Release Date 25th September 2012
- Includes a pair of custom made Mists of Pandaria chopsticks
- Fiction Excerpt - Read this enthralling excerpt from the upcoming novel, World of Warcraft: Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War! Delve into the history of Azeroth just prior to the rediscovery of the lost continent of Pandaria
- Premium Hard Cover - This exclusive hard cover encases all the tried and tested strategies of our Signature Series and presents them in an embossed hard cover with a premium finish

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5253/warcraftstratguide.jpg

Title Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two Collector's Edition
Publisher Prima games
ISBN 0307895254
Release Date 18th November 2012
- Get exclusive developer access - Take a behind-the-scenes look at Junction Point Studios, the team behind Epic Mickey 2
- Framable cover art ? Get one-of-a-kind lenticular cover art with the Collector?s Edition hardcover

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2893/epicmickey2.jpg

Title Halo 4 Collector's Edition Guide
Publisher Prima games
ISBN 030789570X
Release Date 6th November 2012
- Hard Cover ? Features a hard cover with exclusive artwork, unique treatments, and limited edition numbering for collectability
- EXCLUSIVE Content ? Includes an additional 48 pages of 'Behind-The-Scenes' content, interviews, concept art, and photos from 343 Industries
- EXCLUSIVE Map Cards ? 10 War Games specific Dry-Erase Cards with MLG pro tips
- EXCLUSIVE Free Download ? Includes free download for the Cryptum Avatar T-Shirt

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6691/halo4guide.jpg

Title Gears Of War: Judgment Collector's Edition Strategy Guide
Publisher Brady games
ISBN 0744014654
Release Date 19th March 2013
- Hardcover finish
- Exclusive Big Game Weapon Skin!
FREE! With the code inside, download this unique theme for your in-game weapon, available at game launch only with this guide!

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9880/gearsstrat.jpg
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3316/gearsstrat1.jpg

Title StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Collector's Edition Strategy Guide
Publisher Brady games
ISBN 0744014476
Release Date 12th March 2013
- Collectible Paperfold Models - Exclusive pack of paper models printed on high-quality card stock, inspired by the new units in Heart of the Swarm using actual in-game skins
- Premium Hard Cover - This sexy hard-cover features the Queen of Blades, with holographic foil and matte finish
- Beginner?s Guide - This new section communicates the fundamental skills needed to play StarCraft II through a step-by-step design and unique smart-media video instruction

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3613/starcraft2i.jpg

Title Hitman: Absolution Professional Edition
Publisher Prima games
ISBN 0307895289
Release Date 20th November 2012
- BONUS collectible content ? A premium hard cover guide with ribbon bookmark
- BONUS ? Q&A and concept art with developer commentary

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/443/hitmandk.jpg

Title Call of Duty: Black Ops II Limited Edition Strategy Guide
Publisher Brady games
ISBN 0744014328
Release Date 13th November 2012
- call of Duty: Black Ops II Journal - This Limited Edition strategy guide includes a deluxe hard cover Call of Duty?: Black Ops II branded journal. This exclusive journal compliments the design and style of the Limited Edition strategy guide and is the perfect place to make game related notes
- Premium Hard cover Guide - All the game-tested strategies and pro player tips that are included in our signature Series guide packaged in an exclusive hard cover with superior foil and gloss finish. The perfect colectible for any Call of Duty: Black Ops II fan!

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1295/blackops2m.jpg

Title Resident Evil 6 Limited Edition Strategy Guide
Publisher Brady games
ISBN 0744014301
Release Date 2nd October 2012
- Three Amazing In-Game Embroidered Patches - Painstakingly recreated, the BSAA North America, DSO, and Edonian Liberation Army patches bring the Resident Evil? 6 world to you. Created with the highest stitch count possible, they are exact replicas of the in-game artifacts
- Premium Hardcover - All the game-tested strategies of our Signature Series with packaging featuring the Japanese Resident Evil 6 cover art

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1994/residentevil6e.jpg

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 04:33 PM
reserved

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
reserved 1

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
reserved 2

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
reserved 3

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 04:36 PM
reserved 4

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM
right first guide added any suggestions from anyone or does this cover enough?

LowlyAssassin
03-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Publisher: (Brady games, etc)
Availibiltiy: (Limited/ Numbered/ Open Edition)
Editon Type: Hardback/PaperBack/ Clamshell/ Folio/ hardback (sleeve)slipcover( like AC3 limited edition art of)

How's that comaboy

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Publisher: (Brady games, etc)
Availibiltiy: (Limited/ Numbered/ Open Edition)
Editon Type: Hardback/PaperBack/ Clamshell/ Folio/ hardback (sleeve)slipcover( like AC3 limited edition art of)

How's that comaboy

hehe yeah went back to add publisher shortly after first addition

if numbering is mention in the description i will add it

not gonna do art books yet till i have got lots of other strat guides done maybe someone else would like to do art books nudge nudge

NaughtyDogJames
03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Theres been a TLoU CE guide announced.

LowlyAssassin
03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
hehe yeah went back to add publisher shortly after first addition

if numbering is mention in the description i will add it

not gonna do art books yet till i have got lots of other strat guides done maybe someone else would like to do art books nudge nudge

Okies I'll see what I can do art books wise

I was just using that as an example of edition types although that outer slip cover / case could go in an Extras section,
Extras examples : BioShock infinite =key / Tomb raider = key / additional outer slip cover or packagings

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Okies I'll see what I can do art books wise

I was just using that as an example of edition types although that outer slip cover / case could go in an Extras section,
Extras examples : BioShock infinite =key / Tomb raider = key / additional outer slip cover or packagings

tbh i m just posting a couple at the mo that had replica item in pic if not in description fully no free time to refine till Thursday when i will also add more guides and what the dlc is if needed and known

but yeah extras section will be added or even content description changed so it sits like a db entry noting the extras in detail

LowlyAssassin
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Good job
I am impressed
You are doing a great job at impressing me recently

comaamen86
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Good job
I am impressed
You are doing a great job at impressing me recently

lol just n idiot with a keyboard, but also do much much more unimpressive stuff
thanks though

asiak75
03-03-2013, 10:08 PM
If you need any support let me know...Finally something I can relate to...good job so far!!!

SwiftDeath
03-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Very Nice Coma

Def nice to see this sort of thing for collectors like me

I'm curious do you just plan on posting new guides (guides to be released)?

Or are you going to work on a backlog of older guides too?

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Very Nice Coma

Def nice to see this sort of thing for collectors like me

I'm curoious do you just plan on posting new guides (guides to be released)?

Or are you going to work on a backlog of older guides too?

all and any guides i can find, will post another today when i get a quick break at work in the second format i am thinking of listing it like

the only thing is the posts will not be in chronological order but the info will be there

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 06:50 AM
metal gear rising is the second style i am thinking of laying this out like?
personally i prefer it , it is cleaner cut and o the point, but what do you prefer thoughts please

SwiftDeath
03-04-2013, 07:04 AM
metal gear rising is the second style i am thinking of laying this out like?
personally i prefer it , it is cleaner cut and o the point, but what do you prefer thoughts please

Looks good to me

Only suggestion would be to maybe add an amazon link or an ISBN number so its easy for people to find them

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Looks good to me

Only suggestion would be to maybe add an amazon link or an ISBN number so its easy for people to find them

I was considering that for upcoming guides, but what threw me off the idea of linking to shops is price increase, when some sell out or have sold out

I dont want to link people to high prices and additionally there are so many places that sell them other than amazon to link all for each contry would be a very time consuming issue not to mention the possibility of them becoming dead links if the ite is removed

SwiftDeath
03-04-2013, 07:40 AM
I was considering that for upcoming guides, but what threw me off the idea of linking to shops is price increase, when some sell out or have sold out

I dont want to link people to high prices and additionally there are so many places that sell them other than amazon to link all for each contry would be a very time consuming issue not to mention the possibility of them becoming dead links if the ite is removed

Yeah that's why I suggested the ISBN number because if you stick it in google it'll find all the info available and doesn't link to anyone place

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Yeah that's why I suggested the ISBN number because if you stick it in google it'll find all the info available and doesn't link to anyone place

Isbn is barcode? some have 2 on listings some have none i am not overly expereinced with them any guidance i would be grateful for

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 08:05 AM
cheers for the idea swifty had a play around ISBN 10 is the one needed

all edition have this added now and updated to final format layout check em out lots of extra content on some of the se

LowlyAssassin
03-04-2013, 08:15 AM
I like this format
Did you decide to drop hardcover?
I know most are hard cover's but a rare few are not

It must be just me but I prefer picture then text as I can see what I am reading about
Also when fast scanning a page I can see a pic of what interests me and continue down ; instead of heading back up
But the format for CE seems to be info then pics
So guess I'm the minority

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 08:18 AM
I like this format
Did you decide to drop hardcover?
I know most are hard cover's but a rare few are not

It must be just me but I prefer picture then text as I can see what I am reading about
Also when fast scanning a page I can see a pic of what interests me and continue down ; instead of heading back up
But the format for CE seems to be info then pics
So guess I'm the minority

yeh dropped hardcover if it is hardcover then will be addd if not i will mention it as paperback in description

yeah pics last to keep to tradition

LowlyAssassin
03-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Art books?
Hey
So I went too titan books
(Makers of art of ac3, halo 4 , dead space
Then found this out

Art Of - release list and reviews (http://www.parkablogs.com/content/video-game-art-books-list)

Then I thought
Does coma really want me to spend 2 days and just copy what's already there?

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Art books?
Hey
So I went too titan books
(Makers of art of ac3, halo 4 , dead space
Then found this out

Art Of - release list and reviews (http://www.parkablogs.com/content/video-game-art-books-list)

Then I thought
Does coma really want me to spend 2 days and just copy what's already there?

prob will do one for art books but in a good while will concentrate on guides and normal db stuff for the moment, if anyone else wants to take on the art books though that cool

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
i dont think there as many lmited edition variants of art books compared to strat guides which almost always seem to get ce versions these das

LowlyAssassin
03-04-2013, 10:19 AM
did you not click the link?
problem is there are what 2 publishyers for strat guides
piggyback and brady games

the art of books
there are lots of publishers as some developers tend to make there own and get them self published
so it becomes harder to stay on top of
and that site i linked to has a list of all current art of video game books (official only i think)
and if i was to make one it would just be using there site or book repository as the wealth of knowledge
so seems a bit of just a duplication thing

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 10:56 AM
did you not click the link?
problem is there are what 2 publishyers for strat guides
piggyback and brady games

the art of books
there are lots of publishers as some developers tend to make there own and get them self published
so it becomes harder to stay on top of
and that site i linked to has a list of all current art of video game books (official only i think)
and if i was to make one it would just be using there site or book repository as the wealth of knowledge
so seems a bit of just a duplication thing

had a look at the link there are others like art of dead space 3 collectors that was limited to a thousand

but what i am thinking is making a thread for all collectors books ie zelda sonic to beef it up a bit and rather than have just art books cover folios as well etc
every collectors book that is not a strat guide

LowlyAssassin
03-04-2013, 11:08 AM
i see what you are saying
but short of constantly editing post 1
how do you suggest doing it?

LowlyAssassin
03-04-2013, 11:10 AM

comaamen86
03-04-2013, 11:15 AM

keep this thread for strat guides, post one will always have to be edited to add new additions

and at some point do another thread for all other game collectors books

SwiftDeath
03-05-2013, 02:14 AM
I for one think coma's approach seems the most reasonable

You have to start small and build with something like this

Glad you like the ISBN idea :D

Often times it's how I find a good price for an older CE strategy guide

I had a thought

Seeing as how you're familiar with spoiler tags, perhaps spoiler tag pictures of older CE guides to make the front page a shorter read?

Don't think spoilers are necessary for newer guides though as we should have some pretty pictures :rotf:

LowlyAssassin
03-05-2013, 07:02 AM
I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT
OK FIRST POST IS A CONTENTS PAGE HYPER LINKING to each guide in a desperate post
Sorry for caps lock
as you should be aware you can link to individual posts by clicking there post number adnd copy and pasting it into true hyperlink box
example
Tomb raider guide (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showpost.php?p=114747&postcount=34)
Becomes

Tomb raider guide (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showpost.php?p=114747&postcount=34)

So it would look like the contents page of a book

rapister
03-10-2013, 10:38 AM
cool idea
thanks for starting this
would be super useful

i can name a few from the top of my head

soul calibur 5
bayonetta
GOW 3

i will go through my collection later and see if i can add more

Dreamcazman
03-10-2013, 11:51 AM
This will come in handy, thanks for getting this going.

I get most of my guides from the Book Depository, works out cheapest for me than Amazon. ;)

Just a couple of suggestions to add:

Assassin's Creed III
Borderlands 2
Batman Arkham City
Dark Souls
Uncharted 3

Incidentally, I did notice that there were two different versions of the Dark Souls CE guide. One was slightly smaller than the other and somehow felt inferior. Don't know if they contained the same number of pages as they were sealed.

HIPPEEDUDE
03-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Found whats possibly another version of the Bioshock Infinite Limited Edition Guide. Personally i like this a whole lot more & hope this is what it looks like:)
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p489/HIPPEEDUDE/bioshock_infinite_limited_edition_guide_zps1ad49f2 d.jpg

comaamen86
03-10-2013, 06:32 PM
i think that may be the final art hippe, will add more guides in the next few days

blockbusterboy
03-12-2013, 09:24 PM
That Infinite guide a couple of posts back looks great. Just hope it doesn't have the air pocket that afflicts my Tomb Raider guide every time I open it.

comaamen86
07-05-2013, 08:53 PM
long over due bump gonna try and keep on top of this for refrence when i link it will be uk link if availible but i will add

ISBN-13: 978-0804161367 for each upcoming guide if you google the number it should take you to anywhere this guide is availible

comaamen86
07-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Madden NFL 25 - Anniversary Edition: Prima Official Game Guide

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0804161364/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ISBN-13: 978-0804161367

? Hard cover football ?pigskin? style cover
? FREE In-game item ? Get a high valued Madden NFL Ultimate Team card and pack
? BONUS eGuide access included ? Every print guide comes with access to the eGuide with features including- instructional videos and sortable charts.
? Making of Madden 25 ? Interviews w/ Key Developers, 'before and after' screenshots from early Madden NFL games compared to Madden NFL 25, and working with NFL players.
? EA Tiburon Studio Tour ? We?ll take you beyond the locked doors to see the office space, meeting rooms, EA store, and learn more about what franchises are created at EA Tiburon.
? Working in the industry ? Learn more about how ZFarls & SGibs (Pro gamers / Prima Games Authors), Clint Oldenburg (Former NFL player / Madden NFL game developer), Sandy Sondoval (EA SPORTS Player Relations), and others got into the gaming industry and make a living from it.
? Complete game guide included ? The Official Player's Guide for Madden NFL 25 is included making this over 400 pages of content.

Watch Dogs Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0804161453/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ISBN-13: 978-0804161459

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - The Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0804161585/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ISBN-13: 978-0804161589

? The Collector's Edition comes in a hardcover featuring unique cover art developed exclusively for this edition.

? Additional exclusive content ? details to be confirmed soon.

Battlefield 4 Collector's Edition: Prima's Official Game Guide

ISBN-13: 978-0804162173

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0804162174/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

? BONUS in-game item- Inside you?ll find a redemption code for a bonus in-game item that will help you on the battlefield.
? Behind-The-Scenes: "Since 1942"- An exclusive look behind-the-scenes at DICE, what's changed since 1942, and the making of Battlefield 4.
? eGuide access included- Get more online with sortable tables, instructional videos, and interactive maps.

Grand Theft Auto V Limited Edition Strategy Guide

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0744014956/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ISBN-13: 978-0744014952

his Limited Edition features a collectible hardcover with custom artwork, special lithograph of the cover, and 32 pages of exclusive artwork. Get complete coverage of all off-mission activities and sophisticated mini-games. Maps identify key objectives, specify targets, and chart the fastest path to success in this enormous world that's bigger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, and GTA: San Andreas combined. Plus, get the inside story on the three playable characters.

Ayiu
07-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Thank you Sir, just ordered the GTA V guide :beach:

canuckcollector
07-16-2013, 05:08 PM
The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover]

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5176rt4NYoL._SL500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set-Official/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373990825&sr=8-2

? The guides will be contained in a unique, high quality box that is The Legend of Zelda? themed and held closed by an embedded magnetic clasp.

? An individually numbered certificate of authenticity will be included for collectors, with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma, Producer/Director for The Legend of Zelda? series.

? A high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark will be included with the box set to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda? strategies. The bookmark is 7.5 x 2.5 inches and includes a protective case.

? The set includes 6 hardcover collector?s editions for The Legend of Zelda?: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda?: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda?: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda?: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda?: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda?: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else.

? All 6 of the guides will be on high quality paper with gilded edges, giving the guides a gold shine along the pages.

? For the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda?: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set.

? The Legend of Zelda?: Skyward Sword guide has been revised and expanded by over 100 pages.

? This limited edition set will only be printed once, when it is sold out they will be gone forever!

asiak75
07-16-2013, 05:24 PM

http://www.amazon.ca/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set-Official/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373990825&sr=8-2

? The guides will be contained in a unique, high quality box that is The Legend of Zelda? themed and held closed by an embedded magnetic clasp.

? An individually numbered certificate of authenticity will be included for collectors, with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma, Producer/Director for The Legend of Zelda? series.

? A high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark will be included with the box set to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda? strategies. The bookmark is 7.5 x 2.5 inches and includes a protective case.

? The set includes 6 hardcover collector?s editions for The Legend of Zelda?: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda?: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda?: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda?: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda?: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda?: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else.

? All 6 of the guides will be on high quality paper with gilded edges, giving the guides a gold shine along the pages.

? For the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda?: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set.

? The Legend of Zelda?: Skyward Sword guide has been revised and expanded by over 100 pages.

? This limited edition set will only be printed once, when it is sold out they will be gone forever!

Dude you just made my day!!!:bananayes:

SwiftDeath
07-16-2013, 05:25 PM

Wow that's a great set

Bit worried they didn't give an official production number so likely based off pre-orders

Thanks for the heads up Canuck :thumb:

toxicatom5
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up, canuck! Can't think of any other guide compilations like this, I love it!

canuckcollector
07-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Wow that's a great set

Bit worried they didn't give an official production number so likely based off pre-orders

Thanks for the heads up Canuck :thumb:

No problem. For some reason, amazon.ca listed it at $129.77 while amazon.com is at $152.99. Usually it's the other way. :rotf:

SwiftDeath
07-16-2013, 05:44 PM
No problem. For some reason, amazon.ca listed it at $129.77 while amazon.com is at $152.99. Usually it's the other way. :rotf:

That is odd

Ordered on amazon.com as I assumed it was the same price but changed order afterwards

Shipping was also cheaper from .ca over .com :dizzy:

asiak75
07-16-2013, 05:52 PM

Well with the pre-order guaranty I am happy I just out of impulse ordered mine on .ca....is going to be mine....MINE!!!HAHAHAHA

Matt16
07-16-2013, 07:33 PM
That's fantastic, great find!!

Ordered :D

LyricalOne
07-17-2013, 03:18 PM
LEGEND OF ZELDA BOX SET [Hardcover][UK] (http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGEND-OF-ZELDA-BOX-SET/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1374046901&sr=8-6&keywords=legend+of+zelda+box+set)

This is probably the cheapest option to pre-order right now.

SwiftDeath
07-17-2013, 03:21 PM
LEGEND OF ZELDA BOX SET [Hardcover][UK] (http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGEND-OF-ZELDA-BOX-SET/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1374046901&sr=8-6&keywords=legend+of+zelda+box+set)

This is probably the cheapest option to pre-order right now.

What is going on with the different Amazon sites?

Makes no sense to me why they would compete so heavily

LyricalOne
07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
What is going on with the different Amazon sites?

Makes no sense to me why they would compete so heavily

Well if it makes you feel better, all prices seem to be turning about even now

It was weird though for sure

canuckcollector
07-17-2013, 06:59 PM
I made one preorder on uk site at the lowest price. Factoring in the credit card exchange rate and potential customs, it may not be the cheapest after all.

SwiftDeath
07-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Well if it makes you feel better, all prices seem to be turning about even now

It was weird though for sure

Yeah think they didn't coordinate as much as they usually do

Amazon UK's price was likely a mistake

One that will be honored I'm sure :D

Keeping my Amazon CA order though in case Amazon UK pulls Zelda historia shenanigans again

Dr_Jengo
07-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Saw this on instagram..

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/b39ea55af53811e2977522000a9f308b_7.jpg

vhal_x
07-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Saw this on instagram..

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/b39ea55af53811e2977522000a9f308b_7.jpg

Only certain retailers are doing it though:

http://www.bradygames.com/promotions/promotion.aspx?promo=139300

I've got my preorder in at GAME xx

CanisCanemEdit
07-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Thanks Jengo for the picture. Thanks Vhal for the added info.

I preordered the Legend of Zelda box via amazon uk, but am now worried that something will happen with my preorder. I'm not aware of what those shenanigans were and how it's affected other's orders. Has anyone ever had their order canceled because of this problem?

Dr_Jengo
07-26-2013, 05:04 AM
I wonder if my local retailers will have it or should I order from Amazon US to be safe?

SwiftDeath
07-26-2013, 05:08 AM
Thanks Jengo for the picture. Thanks Vhal for the added info.

I preordered the Legend of Zelda box via amazon uk, but am now worried that something will happen with my preorder. I'm not aware of what those shenanigans were and how it's affected other's orders. Has anyone ever had their order canceled because of this problem?

There were problems with the Final Fantasy Sky art book boxset and the legend of zelda historia especially with Amazon UK not filling pre-orders

I think vhal or cosmic could tell you more?

There were more instances as well but can't remember them

Amazon CA or US have better track records I think

ceaddiction1228
02-03-2014, 03:58 AM
hey guys has anyone heard if there is going to be a collectors edition guide for final fantasy X/X-2 HD ?

Letrico
02-03-2014, 04:05 AM
Whoa ancient thread for revived. I'm curious as well for ffx guide but I am actually pretty sad about bravely default not having a guide. I need a guide so bad that I missed edea's bikini

ceaddiction1228
02-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Indeed about bravely default. . I didnt break any rules did I with this thread?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Artemisthemp
02-03-2014, 02:38 PM
I can see it now :) Buy the Collectors Edition of FFX/FFX-2 to get Yuna outfit from FFX-2 to Lightning Returns :p.

Note: I have only seen standard edition guide.

Sendt fra min Nexus 5 med Tapatalk

GameTrigger
02-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Best place/price to order Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: The Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition :think:

Ayiu
02-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Best place/price to order Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: The Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition :think:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Lightning-Returns%3A-Final-Fantasy-XIII-Complete-Official-Guide-Collectors-Edition-Piggyback/9781908172525

GameTrigger
02-04-2014, 01:09 PM
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Lightning-Returns%3A-Final-Fantasy-XIII-Complete-Official-Guide-Collectors-Edition-Piggyback/9781908172525
Good prices + free shipping, but bad packing :(

Cosmic_Link
02-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Good prices + free shipping, but bad packing :(

Seriously!? Their packaging has always been overkill for everything I have ordered from them! XD

GameTrigger
02-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Seriously!? Their packaging has always been overkill for everything I have ordered from them! XD
I had several bad experience with them - like:
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia
http://www.upload.ee/image/3238341/Zelda_3.JPG
http://www.upload.ee/image/3238346/Zelda_4.JPG
http://www.upload.ee/image/3238359/Zelda_7.JPG

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - The Complete Official Guide Collectors Edition
http://www.upload.ee/image/2116226/FFguide.jpg

+ some more :(
They always refunded money or sent new, but now I prefer to pay some extra to get undamaged copy.

Dan
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/echomartinez/image-200.jpg

:1:

Ayiu
02-14-2014, 03:08 PM

congrats! mine not here yet :(

Dan
02-14-2014, 04:58 PM
congrats! mine not here yet :(

is ok you can have mine :)

Artemisthemp
02-14-2014, 05:27 PM
G1 ad Gamestop in Denmark :(

Sendt fra min Nexus 5 med Tapatalk

ceaddiction1228
02-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Hey what do you guys do with your guides. Do you buy two and keep the collectors one sealed or do u use it and then show it off when your done?

Dan
02-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Hey what do you guys do with your guides. Do you buy two and keep the collectors one sealed or do u use it and then show it off when your done?

I open it and use it.

when i'm done it goes in my bookshelf of guides :)

ceaddiction1228
02-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Ok thats pretty much what im doing as well I didnt know if I was breaking some collectors guide code lmao

LyricalOne
02-20-2014, 11:47 PM

I personally keep them sealed..only because I actually don't like to use guides for my games and if I have to use a guide or need help then there is always the internet lol

King Peter
02-20-2014, 11:50 PM
I know that Eb Games have been reducing by half their price for stategy guide for both normal and CE. I got COD Ghost guide LE for 12$ :P

canuckcollector
02-21-2014, 01:35 PM
I personally keep them sealed..only because I actually don't like to use guides for my games and if I have to use a guide or need help then there is always the internet lol

Ditto. I keep all CE guides sealed. I've bought extra copies when I wanted an exclusive DLCs like LR: FFXIII and Ni No Kuni.

r3galbum
02-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Mm mine stays sealed until I finish the game and try to get 100% on everything.

Gazereths
02-21-2014, 03:46 PM

Lucky SOB, mine was sealed in the worst way possible. The shrink wrap looked like it hadn't shrank at all, really loose and creased. I was always going to open it anyway though. Might try to get a nice sealed copy if they come down in price though.

Oh and we see you there lurking in the reflection :P

ceaddiction1228
02-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Mine was shrinkwrapped beautifully as well. But tis opened now. I think ill just open anything sealed that ill use. . . And the stuff that I dont use will stay sealed until then . . .so right now my KH guide is the only one sealed lol