PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding GameStop preorders/DLCs

Mephistopheles
03-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to videogame collecting so apologies if this is obvious information. For the most part I tend to wait until the price drops and/or in some cases they release a version with all the bonus content (like the Arkham games).

I was looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls and I've recently heard that GameStop is carrying a special edition that includes an extra half hour only for preorders in addition to a steelbook packaging and bonus features. I contacted them and they said it wouldn't be available on or after game day.

My question is, am I better off directly ordering it from GameStop now or getting it from the secondary market after the release? I'd like to save money if possible but given that it's a "limited edition" version of the game I'm concerned that it would be difficult to find or fetch higher prices later on.

Letrico
03-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Hard to tell mate, usually that type of preorder bonus usually means first printing will be in steelbook and it will run out after.

There are cases where the first print actually sold out before release then it will be harder and more expensive to find after market.

To save your wallet, I would say preorder first. If it is close to release date and you see them still having tons of stock, it will be safe to wait for cheap after market.

Mephistopheles
03-07-2013, 11:42 PM
OK, thank you for the quick response. I guess I'll order it now then.

SwiftDeath
03-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Yeah Letrico's answer is the best idea if you really want it

However that being said no US steelbook release has ever become that rare so long as you don't want it sealed

I would still say preorder it though

LowlyAssassin
03-08-2013, 06:25 AM
I am in aware of any instance where a pre order DLC was offered and then NOT made available at some later point
But then I am outside of the US and am unfamiliar with a couple of things over there,

But I have not heard of limited edition DLC before, other then one Japanese PlayStation Game, (which is yet too come out)

MortalMonday
03-08-2013, 06:53 AM
I don't think they ever released the Mass Effect 2 Terminus Gear, aside from when they released it to people that pre-ordered the game at Gamestop. If you wanted that gear and didn't pre-order the game, you were at the mercy of eBay. I remember that code would sell for over $100.