PDA

View Full Version : Dishonored / Skyrim / Fallout Litho's

Pages : 1 [2]

Treehouse_Ryan
06-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Ryan, that's 2 out of the "triptych". Any word on the 3rd?

Funny you should ask. It's out Friday.

Duction
06-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Any more new fallout ones scheduled?

blingaling
06-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Funny you should ask. It's out Friday.
Word! Thanks for the scoop!
How long have you been buying from them?
I missed the original Skyrim and Fallout prints, but haven't missed one since then. So... a few months now. I think most of the QC issues were hammered out by the time I started dealing with Treehouse.

SwiftDeath
06-26-2013, 07:06 PM
I missed the original Skyrim and Fallout prints, but haven't missed one since then. So... a few months now. I think most of the QC issues were hammered out by the time I started dealing with Treehouse.

lol Ras has been buying from Treehouse for years or rather he used to buy from them

International orders sound like a pain to be honest

All the ones I've recevied recently have been good but my skyrim is damaged and badly I would say :(

My first dishonored and fallout prints too

All the damage appears wholly from handling/packing as well

Skyrim was shipped in at least a 4" diameter tube but for whatever god forsaken reason was rolled into a plastic poster tube of 2" or less

Suffice to say that is where the damage came from

blingaling
06-26-2013, 07:11 PM
lol Ras has been buying from Treehouse for years or rather he used to buy from them

International orders sound like a pain to be honest

All the ones I've recevied recently have been good but my skyrim is damaged and badly I would say :(

My first dishonored and fallout prints too

All the damage appears wholly from handling/packing as well

Skyrim was shipped in at least a 4" diameter tube but for whatever god forsaken reason was rolled into a plastic poster tube of 2" or less

Suffice to say that is where the damage came from

Yeah I really feel for everyone with horror stories. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to trivialize anyone's troubles in the past, I just wanted to say that they seem to have gotten their act together. Domestically anyway.

So can we add Mass Effect to the thread? I'm on the fence with the Legion Giclee. Gotta say the art itself just isn't striking me directly in the wallet.

SwiftDeath
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Yeah I really feel for everyone with horror stories. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to trivialize anyone's troubles in the past, I just wanted to say that they seem to have gotten their act together. Domestically anyway.

So can we add Mass Effect to the thread? I'm on the fence with the Legion Giclee. Gotta say the art itself just isn't striking me directly in the wallet.

Yeah you're right I suppose

Domestically it's been pretty good recently but I am now officially super paranoid after seeing my skyrims

Have quite a few on the way to me know so hopefully they'll turn up ok

rasmusvn
06-26-2013, 07:16 PM
It's good to hear that packaging is now handled differently, but past experiences have also left me somewhat cynical.

This took too long for us to finally do, but we've fully committed to it now, and the results are very different than our previous track record....

Yeah, it took several years :)

Was there ever an official statement saying packing procedures changed?

Romeo
06-26-2013, 07:23 PM
I feel like I need to chime in in Treehouse's defense here, I've ordered 8 lithos which all came in perfect condition. I understand that those who have had problems tend to be the most vocal of minorities, but I personally feel confident enough to order stuff I think I would like without fear of quality issues.
I just ordered the 2 Mass Effect screenprints. After reading this thread I kept a close eye out because I realized there would likely be a few extra copies on sale sometime after they (quickly) sold out.

Ryan, that's 2 out of the "triptych". Any word on the 3rd?

I can second this, and I am also other US.

I've ordered 18 different prints from treehouse plus various other items. One time I ever had a problem and the signed edition DA book was promptly replaced. Ryan is a great asset to the company as well as his presence here shows.

amb6883
06-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I have bought 30+ prints and only had damage to three. I have never really had an issue with their shipping. I just want more that I will actually want to frame. Also, lower print runs and the artists to sign them and not just numbered.

vhal_x
06-26-2013, 08:10 PM
I am outside of the US and ordered five Tomb Raider prints. One of which has gone to another members house, so can't personally vouch for that one's condition, but the four that came to mine are all perfect xx

rasmusvn
06-26-2013, 08:21 PM
I don't think anyone here doubts that the TR-prints weren't packaged properly.

Just saying :)

Treehouse_Ryan
06-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Any more new fallout ones scheduled?

Definitely, but I don't have dates or specifics that I can share yet. We're shooting to have something near the end of July but that might push back some.

It's good to hear that packaging is now handled differently, but past experiences have also left me somewhat cynical.

This took too long for us to finally do, but we've fully committed to it now, and the results are very different than our previous track record....

Yeah, it took several years :)

Was there ever an official statement saying packing procedures changed?

No, we don't really have a good platform for official statements. I think there was a comment or something on facebook, but nothing concerted or given the weight I think it ought to have been.

I don't think anyone here doubts that the TR-prints weren't packaged properly.

Just saying :)

Well, all art is now being packed like the TR prints. The only exceptions are that we haven't pulled the slow-selling lithos and older stock in-house (yet?). But any new release will be treated the same way those were....

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 12:32 AM
I recieved the new Fallout litho today and it arrived badly damaged. It has a couple nasty creases, an oily fingerprint, and some weird clear speckles; it looks like the lithos has chicken pox or somethin'. Here's hoping they replace it.

Treehouse_Ryan
06-27-2013, 12:48 AM
I recieved the new Fallout litho today and it arrived badly damaged. It has a couple nasty creases, an oily fingerprint, and some weird clear speckles; it looks like the lithos has chicken pox or somethin'. Here's hoping they replace it.

[jumps out window]

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 12:54 AM
It's weird dude, the speckled stuff. I have no idea what it is (some strange manufacturing defect?), but it looks like it has chicken pox!

I ain't bad mouthin' your company though, 'cause I know how good you all are with replacements.

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Mortal's comment made me check the shipping on mine

It was delivered today so will check it when I get back from work tonight

Here's to hoping they're undamaged :surrender:

amb6883
06-27-2013, 03:27 AM
I get mine tomorrow.

Duction
06-27-2013, 07:48 AM

I have one orderd to the UK from the US! I hope it's all ok... Going to be a pain sending stuff back :(

blingaling
06-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Oh no! That's terrible news! I really hope that's an isolated issue, I've never seen the kind of speckling you described :/

I got my Fallout and Oblivion prints in yesterday and they're both in perfect condition. Actually, the Oblivion print is way better than I thought it would be, the colors are fantastic.

ingmar1988
06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
It's weird dude, the speckled stuff. I have no idea what it is (some strange manufacturing defect?), but it looks like it has chicken pox!

I ain't bad mouthin' your company though, 'cause I know how good you all are with replacements.

pics please....

Kieffer
06-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Why is someone selling a Skyrim lithograph missing the limited edition number part ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Lithograph-Print-Realm-of-the-Dragonborn-Limited-Edition-LE-/231006689057

It's strange...
What could be the story behind ?

Duction
06-30-2013, 11:01 PM
Now that's strange!

MortalMonday
06-30-2013, 11:02 PM
That lithograph was damaged when he received it from treehouse. He put in for a replacement and treehouse agreed to replace it for him. Before replacing it, however, treehouse ordered him to destroy the original, damaged litho.

The guy obviously cut the number out to qualify it as being destroyed.

Treehouse probably instructed him to specifically cut the number out because they replaced it with another litho with the same number. This way, they can be sure that there are no identical numbers.

rasmusvn
06-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Number is required to be torn when getting a replacement. But so is the rest of the litho?

Basically you can buy a ruined lithograph with creases. Oh, yay. :banghead:

@Mortal, I've never received a replacement with identical number?

Matt16
06-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Number is required to be torn when getting a replacement. But so is the rest of the litho?

Basically you can buy a ruined lithograph with creases. Oh, yay. :banghead:

@Mortal, I've never received a replacement with identical number?

My replacement skyrim was sent with the same number. I think they have so unsigned replacements and get them signed and numbered when one gets damaged

SwiftDeath
06-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Treehouse reprinted the skyrims from what I can tell but that was a new operating procedure

In the past they would send a replacement from a batch that was held back from initial sale

Whether the skyrim procedure is the new one I'm not sure

Treehouse_Ryan
07-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Because the full batch of Skyrims were damaged, we didn't have any of our holdbacks to use as replacements and we had to replace basically all of them.... Holdbacks from the initial run is still the way we're handling this going forward. Hopefully another Skyrim situation won't have to happen again now that we're handling art in-house.

MortalMonday
07-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Here are some pics of the damage to my lithos:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03527.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03526.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03525.jpg

greasy fingerprint:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03522.jpg

The chickenpox on the white margins. You guys can see what I'm talking about, right?
They kinda even look like oil droplets.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03505.jpg

The pics are kind of bad; but trust me, it has some strange speckled spots all over it. They kinda look like waterdrops.

v1sav1s
07-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Ouchie, they look like someone sneezed on your print.

Lemur
07-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Ouchie, they look like someone sneezed on your print.

And that's how epidemics start :taunt:

ingmar1988
07-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Here are some pics of the damage to my lithos:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03527.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03526.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03525.jpg

greasy fingerprint:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03522.jpg

The chickenpox on the white margins. You guys can see what I'm talking about, right?
They kinda even look like oil droplets.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03505.jpg

The pics are kind of bad; but trust me, it has some strange speckled spots all over it. They kinda look like waterdrops.

I dont get this, i mean sometimes stuff can get damaged in shipping, creases etc. But this seems something that happened prior shipping. Where is the QA

SwiftDeath
07-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I dont get this, i mean sometimes stuff can get damaged in shipping, creases etc. But this seems something that happened prior shipping. Where is the QA

To be honest most damage on treehouse lithos appear to be from handling prior to packing it

They do seem to be getting better but YMMV :shrug:

Damnation
07-15-2013, 09:21 AM
My Dishonored litho's arrived today with no problems, looking forward to the giclee's.

MortalMonday
07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Treehouse put some product ID stickers on the back of the Dishonored giclees.
I think I'm gonna try and remove the stickers because I'm afraid that the adhesive may damage the paper. I just hope I don't damage the giclees in the process!

Damnation
07-15-2013, 10:37 AM
I think I'm gonna try and remove the stickers because I'm afraid that the adhesive may damage the paper. I just hope I don't damage the giclees in the process!

Just wondering if you were able to remove with no damage?

MortalMonday
07-15-2013, 11:07 AM
I haven't taken them off yet.

Treehouse_Ryan
07-15-2013, 05:09 PM

We didn't really think about that. We just had to get legal information on the thing, and we didn't want it on the front with the art.

But the printer has had a number of specific recommendations based on the paper he uses (like the wax roll instead of butcher paper), and I don't recall if the stickers were his idea or not but he approved them at least. The idea to do it hasn't been around long enough to have an example of exactly how it's going to age.

On the other hand, the little labels we used should have a low enough level of adhesive to remove without much incident. I'll try it on one of ours and report back so you guys don't have to be the guinea pigs.

Duction
07-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Got my fallout lithos and they look great! Packaged well.. Very happy ty TH

Treehouse_Ryan
07-16-2013, 12:01 AM

Okay, I've done this a number of times on a few different giclees in our damage pile. The sticker pulled off easily for me with just a little use of my fingernail to get the corner started. I pulled slowly and shifted the direction a couple times to keep the pressure even and I had no issues at all. When I was less careful and tried ripping it off like a bandaid, the paper handled it fine but it made me nervous so I don't recommend it....

Doing this will probably void your warranty, as it were, but I don't foresee it causing a problem for anyone concerned about the sticker. Report back if something goes wrong.

Damnation
07-16-2013, 03:58 AM
Okay, I've done this a number of times on a few different giclees in our damage pile. The sticker pulled off easily for me with just a little use of my fingernail to get the corner started. I pulled slowly and shifted the direction a couple times to keep the pressure even and I had no issues at all. When I was less careful and tried ripping it off like a bandaid, the paper handled it fine but it made me nervous so I don't recommend it....

Doing this will probably void your warranty, as it were, but I don't foresee it causing a problem for anyone concerned about the sticker. Report back if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the update.

amb6883
07-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Pretty much all art in all of Treehouse's stores are $25.00. The Alice Collector's pack is a pretty sweet deal.

http://gear.ea.com/titles/alice-madness-returns/alice-collectors-edition-art-pack.html

Madigan
07-17-2013, 06:09 PM
$25 for 8 18x24" Lithographs : O : O : O

SwiftDeath
07-17-2013, 06:12 PM
$25 for 8 18x24" Lithographs : O : O : O

Out of stock......

Kieffer
07-27-2013, 04:02 PM
4 lithographs purchased, i just received the last one today.
They are in nice condition with good packaging.

I'm very happy with the service offered by Treehouse. :v:

ingmar1988
07-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Ordered mass effect the team litho...would love the Cook and becker one but dont have the money for it...so this will have to do. great price

amb6883
08-11-2013, 06:11 PM
There is someone trying to sell an AP lithograph of Fallout "The Monument" on Ebay. I have never seen an AP for any lithograph that Treehouse has sold, is this legit?

Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fallout-3-The-Monument-Lithograph-Limited-Edition-Art-Proof-2-25-18-x24-NEW-/231028629976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ca6121d8

(Way over priced too)

MortalMonday
08-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm getting artist proofs from Treehouse as replacements for damaged lithos. I'm assuming that's what happened here too.

amb6883
08-11-2013, 06:21 PM
I never received a replacement from Treehouse... so they number the replacement lithos differently? or is it just for Monument?

I thought they had you destroy your litho and they sent you another litho with the same number.

Treehouse_Ryan
08-11-2013, 06:27 PM
There is someone trying to sell an AP lithograph of Fallout "The Monument" on Ebay. I have never seen an AP for any lithograph that Treehouse has sold, is this legit?

Link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fallout-3-The-Monument-Lithograph-Limited-Edition-Art-Proof-2-25-18-x24-NEW-/231028629976?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ca6121d8

(Way over priced too)

I'm getting artist proofs from Treehouse as replacements for damaged lithos. I'm assuming that's what happened here too.

Fairly isolated incident with Monument. I've mentioned that we get some overages from printing and we don't number them or do anything with them. In this case, someone moved some stuff around and the girls couldn't find the last stack of unpacked Monuments. In a bind, they numbered the overages like this so we knew there would be no duplicates and sent them out in place of the lost ones and for replacements.

We may have to do something like this again (as a last resort), but we don't normally number lithos as APs or anything. And we won't release the other ones if they ever turn up, so the edition size is the edition size.

amb6883
08-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Fairly isolated incident with Monument. I've mentioned that we get some overages from printing and we don't number them or do anything with them. In this case, someone moved some stuff around and the girls couldn't find the last stack of unpacked Monuments. In a bind, they numbered the overages like this so we knew there would be no duplicates and sent them out in place of the lost ones and for replacements.

We may have to do something like this again (as a last resort), but we don't normally number lithos as APs or anything. And we won't release the other ones if they ever turn up, so the edition size is the edition size.

So just so I understand correctly, there is a regular numbered edition of 300, but twenty-five were lost, so you sent out an AP edition of 25 since you did not know which numbers were lost?

Treehouse_Ryan
08-11-2013, 06:40 PM
So just so I understand correctly, there is a regular numbered edition of 300, but twenty-five were lost, so you sent out an AP edition of 25 since you did not know which numbers were lost?

Correct, although I expect we didn't send out all 25 since a number were just for hold backs. Is there a fairer way to have handled this?

amb6883
08-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Correct, although I expect we didn't send out all 25 since a number were just for hold backs. Is there a fairer way to have handled this?

I do not know, but it sounds like the edition size has been bumped up.

Treehouse_Ryan
08-11-2013, 06:55 PM
I do not know, but it sounds like the edition size has been bumped up.

The only difference is what's written on the print. Do you see a big distinction between us destroying a small batch at once vs. customers tearing up damaged ones individually? We didn't print any additional lithos.

amb6883
08-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I have no idea what ones have been destroyed or not, all I know is that there an edition numbered 1 to 300 and one numbered 1 to 25. You also said that the lithos were lost, not destroyed, so for all know they are circulating out there somewhere.

I understand this was unique situation, but I also do not understand why someone with a damaged/lost litho would be receiving an AP when there has never been any mention of AP's existing.

It is not that big of a deal to me, but I just like to have has much info as possible.

Matt16
08-11-2013, 07:58 PM
The replacement of my replacement of my original Fallout litho has arrived :lmao:

Almost perfect this time, other than a small scuff to the top edge there's no faults that I can see although I haven't taken it out of that plastic thingy it comes in.

After all this though I'd imagine I could have got one cheaper from the scalpers on ebay :(

amb6883
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Most of the Art and Apparel in all the Treehouse stores seem to be on sale today.