PDA

View Full Version : Dishonored / Skyrim / Fallout Litho's

Pages : [1] 2

fromsinkingsands
03-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Looks like Skyrim is already sold out. All of these are limited to 300 and hand numbered. Get on it!

http://store.bethsoft.com/art/lithographs.html

Mike1888
03-14-2013, 01:19 AM
Skyrim's still there?

fromsinkingsands
03-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Nope, sold out.

Mike1888
03-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Ah I see, tells you once you click add to cart.

Treehouse_Ryan
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Forgive my double post, but we're going to release the second half of stock for these in just a few minutes....

fromsinkingsands
03-14-2013, 09:26 PM
You're the man Ryan. Thank you.

i and i
03-14-2013, 09:38 PM
I pre-ordered the fallout and dishonored crossbone litho's... love litho's <3

smitty2011
03-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Has the second stock been released or has it come and gone?

The Russian Bear
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
Has the second stock been released or has it come and gone?

Come and gone i'm afraid. Still you might get lucky with cancellations/returns.

Dreamcazman
03-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Got in early this morning (Aus time) and bought a Skyrim + both of the Dishonored lithos.

On another note, what do you guys do with your larger lithos? Keep them rolled up or frame them? Getting a frame made up for the Skyrim one won't be cheap.

rasmusvn
03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Since there are no portfolios that big I keep them in large diameter tubes (>15 cm.).

Another expensive option would be to have a padded flight case built for them.

smitty2011
03-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I have a large portfolio folder which costs a bit but it holds 30 odd lithographs..
keeps them straight and acid free..def worth it..I think Mortal from here got me on to it
I bought it off ebay, but none are around this is what you need

ITOYA ART Profolio 18 x 24 18x24 Storage Folder

Good luck

smitty2011
03-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Oh nooo .. I was working ...spewing about the Australian time difference...

smitty2011
03-15-2013, 01:52 PM
If anyone has a spare one they would like to sell at a handy profit please pm me...

toxicatom5
03-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Got in early this morning (Aus time) and bought a Skyrim + both of the Dishonored lithos.

On another note, what do you guys do with your larger lithos? Keep them rolled up or frame them? Getting a frame made up for the Skyrim one won't be cheap.

I've found some large portfolios at a local art store -- essentially a large envelope made out of some type of plastic or vinyl or cloth (not a binder with pages). These come in sizes up to 36 in. by 48 in. -- which holds most of my art, but there are still a couple of very large pieces that won't fit.

What I do is buy two pieces of archival safe backer board to sandwich the art in between, with a layer of archival safe tissue paper-like material between each piece.

I would highly suggest this method; keeping your prints rolled is not good for them in the long run. Just a suggestion though :)

Edit:

Added info by request...

Here is some backer board you might consider: http://www.dickblick.com/products/elmers-cotton-rag-foamboard/?clickTracking=true

Here is a portfolio that will hold everything together and keep light and dust off your art: http://www.dickblick.com/products/economy-portfolios/?clickTracking=true

and you can go with this between your prints: http://www.dickblick.com/products/lineco-acid-free-tissue/?clickTracking=true
or you may prefer this: http://www.dickblick.com/products/strathmore-museum-barrier-paper/?clickTracking=true
or this (bulk roll): http://www.dickblick.com/products/glassine-interleaving-paper/?clickTracking=true

Hope this helps!

Treehouse_Ryan
03-15-2013, 04:12 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but since you guys are making plans I thought it important to mention here as well.

The Skyrim Litho is oversized, so it's 24 x 36 and won't fit in one of those portfolios. It's still a standard size, so you can find a cheap frame at a hobby store...

http://i.imgur.com/5P5Eovr.jpg

(I think we paid $12 or something for the one in the picture--it's terrible, but it does the job.)

It looks awesome, though. I think it's my favorite litho we've done across all the properties and you guys will be stoked when you get them.

toxicatom5
03-15-2013, 04:19 PM
The Skyrim Litho is oversized, so it's 24 x 36 and won't fit in one of those portfolios.

It thought it might fit in the 36" x 48" portfolio if you turn it sideways so that the longest side of the litho runs along the 48" side of the portfolio...when you say it is oversized, how oversized is it?

Either way, looks great on the wall, so hopefully not too many of these will be seeing the inside of a portfolio! :)

nipperkipper
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey Ryan, would you be able to tell us if the Skyrim litho is completely sold out, i missed out :(

Dreamcazman
03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
I have a large portfolio folder which costs a bit but it holds 30 odd lithographs..
keeps them straight and acid free..def worth it..I think Mortal from here got me on to it
I bought it off ebay, but none are around this is what you need

ITOYA ART Profolio 18 x 24 18x24 Storage Folder

Good luck
I've found some large portfolios at a local art store -- essentially a large envelope made out of some type of plastic or vinyl or cloth (not a binder with pages). These come in sizes up to 36 in. by 48 in. -- which holds most of my art, but there are still a couple of very large pieces that won't fit.

What I do is buy two pieces of archival safe backer board to sandwich the art in between, with a layer of archival safe tissue paper-like material between each piece.

I would highly suggest this method; keeping your prints rolled is not good for them in the long run. Just a suggestion though :)

Edit:

Added info by request...

Here is some backer board you might consider: http://www.dickblick.com/products/elmers-cotton-rag-foamboard/?clickTracking=true

Here is a portfolio that will hold everything together and keep light and dust off your art: http://www.dickblick.com/products/economy-portfolios/?clickTracking=true

and you can go with this between your prints: http://www.dickblick.com/products/lineco-acid-free-tissue/?clickTracking=true
or you may prefer this: http://www.dickblick.com/products/strathmore-museum-barrier-paper/?clickTracking=true
or this (bulk roll): http://www.dickblick.com/products/glassine-interleaving-paper/?clickTracking=true

Hope this helps!
Thanks for that guys, there's a couple of art shops in town so I'll go and check them out and see what they got. :beer:

Treehouse_Ryan
03-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Hey Ryan, would you be able to tell us if the Skyrim litho is completely sold out, i missed out :(

Completely sold out, sorry....

thefunk007
03-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow that was fast, glad I ordered when I did.

nipperkipper
03-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Completely sold out, sorry....

Ah man,

well if anyone ordered 2 and is willing to sell their spare i will make it worth your while

MortalMonday
03-16-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm on pins and needles here. I ordered the Skyrim litho and they charged my card and I got a receipt/confirmation number, but earlier today I checked my order history and under order status it says that my order for the litho is "AtLast Error."

God I hope I don't get screwed out of this litho. :(

thefunk007
03-16-2013, 01:48 AM
I'm on pins and needles here. I ordered the Skyrim litho and they charged my card and I got a receipt/confirmation number, but earlier today I checked my order history and under order status it says that my order for the litho is "AtLast Error."

Fingers crossed mate

MortalMonday
03-16-2013, 01:50 AM
I've already emailed them about this. Probably won't hear back until after the weekend though. This weekend is gonna suck!

rasmusvn
03-16-2013, 01:52 AM

Someone else had that error.

I bought the Skyrim Lithograph the day it came out, it seems. It did NOT go 'out of stock' till a bit later. The payment went through and everything, but its order status is 'AtLast Error'.

Response was:

Alexander, from what I've gathered the warehouse is waiting on shipping materials in order to send it out safely. Not quite sure what that means entirely, but I can guarantee that your order exists, is in the system, and will be shipped to you ASAP.

-

I got a response from support today. They found out what it was, that Error meant the warehouse said no to shipping it so they sent it back for (what u make it sound like, extra packaging i guess)... she informed me the warehouse took it this time and it should ship today... Hopefully your site holds up its format today! Bethesda store must have had heavy traffic. ty for your replies.

MortalMonday
03-16-2013, 01:56 AM
Wow rasmusvn, thank you so much for that! Hopefully all is well with my order then. I'll stay hopeful.

rasmusvn
03-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Wow rasmusvn, thank you so much for that! Hopefully all is well with my order then. I'll stay hopeful.

Well, perhaps they ran out of tubes so instead they'll send it in a nice square box, folded :-)

nipperkipper
03-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Well, perhaps they ran out of tubes so instead they'll send it in a nice square box, folded :-)

dont say that lol, hes already nervous about not getting it:eek:

SwiftDeath
03-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Better just be shipping materials as I got that message too mortal :(

I want my skyrim litho!

Dreamcazman
03-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks for that guys, there's a couple of art shops in town so I'll go and check them out and see what they got. :beer:
Well I had a look today and found f**k all. Actually I did find some sort of no name portfolio with a binder but no inserts, it was nearly $60 which I though was a bit expensive so I walked out empty handed.

I found this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-x-24-Comic-Book-Art-Portfolio-48-pgs-nylon-stitching-/200787581206) on eBay, is this the sort of thing I should go for? I'd get one of these but postage is a killer. :(

toxicatom5
03-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Well I had a look today and found f**k all. Actually I did find some sort of no name portfolio with a binder but no inserts, it was nearly $60 which I though was a bit expensive so I walked out empty handed.

I found this (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/18-x-24-Comic-Book-Art-Portfolio-48-pgs-nylon-stitching-/200787581206) on eBay, is this the sort of thing I should go for? I'd get one of these but postage is a killer. :(

The binders I've seen seem very expensive to me, too. I've looked at the Itoya products in person. They are nice, but I didn't choose to go that route because I think the largest size they come in is 18 x 24 and that isn't large enough for a lot of my prints. It would definitely be a good option if you can fit most of your stuff in there, because then you could just flip through it and look at the art anytime you want. The option I mentioned yesterday is really meant more for long term storage.

rasmusvn
03-16-2013, 01:12 PM
It's Itoya and it's decent - no more than that.

I've owned the Itoya and it has a few flaws.

- The outer covering is a sturdy yet pliable/bendable plastic. This means actually moving the portfolio can be somewhat tricky, as the covering is strong, but not strong enough to stay completely flat when moved.

- The sleeves don't go on a ring binder mechanism, instead they're held down by some sort of clamps in the middle. This means the artwork doesn't lay completely flat, basically it snags the pages; this also makes it hard to remove certain art pieces. As a result of this you can't really use all the sleeves (the closer you get to the middle, the worse it gets). The sleves are double sided, but despite this fitting two heavy-duty screenprints is a challenge.

In the end I went and got the Prat Start 4 Presentation Case which cost me $270 incl. shipping. It holds 50 pieces.

The leather could be thicker at this price, but it allows the artwork to lay completely flat so I'm happy. Having said that $270 is a lot for a case...

Getting it for $270 is possible with a few coupons/discounts that seem to be quite regular. Shipping was $70. The 18x24 isn't available in Europe, it's a US-only product despite the fact that PRAT originates is Paris. The only company I found willing to ship it at a decent price was dickblick. Archival USA wanted $250 in shipping and Rex-Art screwed up the order.

toxicatom5
03-16-2013, 02:10 PM
- The sleeves don't go on a ring binder mechanism, instead they're held down by some sort of clamps in the middle.

This is actually the only version of the Itoya I've ever seen in person, it's a multi-ring binder version. Maybe it's US only?

http://www.dickblick.com/products/itoya-art-profolio-multi-ring-refillable-binders/?clickTracking=true

rasmusvn
03-16-2013, 02:40 PM
This is actually the only version of the Itoya I've ever seen in person, it's a multi-ring binder version. Maybe it's US only?

http://www.dickblick.com/products/itoya-art-profolio-multi-ring-refillable-binders/?clickTracking=true

That certainly looks like a cheaper alternative. Is the outer covering sturdy?

The reason I mentioned the lacking ring binder is that the Itoya I had didn't have one, and as far as I'm aware neither does the Itoya Art Portfolio Evolution Book in the ebay link.

toxicatom5
03-16-2013, 06:54 PM
That certainly looks like a cheaper alternative. Is the outer covering sturdy?

The reason I mentioned the lacking ring binder is that the Itoya I had didn't have one, and as far as I'm aware neither does the Itoya Art Portfolio Evolution Book in the ebay link.

The ones that I've seen are pretty sturdy, but I could see them getting a little unwieldy when they are full. I don't know that I've seen this exact model in person, so I can't say for sure how this one would be.

hawkeye
03-17-2013, 09:08 PM
Damn.By the time I found out this store the only 2 things that Id like to get are the only ones sold out(skyrim litho and new vegas CA t shirt)

Skyrim litho already on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skyrim-Realm-of-the-Dragonborn-Lithograph-poster-print-Xbox-360-PS3-edition-/330891390239?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0aa9ed1f).

thefunk007
03-17-2013, 09:28 PM
I think that's Mortal's listing!

Mike1888
03-17-2013, 09:32 PM
It is. Odd category though. :scratch:

rasmusvn
03-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Just tried looking up my order.

Something about your order is too complex to relay easily through this system. Don't panic; it is probably something small.

Too complex..., like when a plane crashes, what a lovely system :)

Romeo
03-18-2013, 02:11 AM
dont say that lol, hes already nervous about not getting it:eek:

If that's true that's bullshit. First all off it's flipping. It's rude and disrespectful. Secondly isn't against eBay and maybe even this site's ToS to sell things you don't have possession of?

nipperkipper
03-19-2013, 12:34 PM
If that's true that's bullshit. First all off it's flipping. It's rude and disrespectful. Secondly isn't against eBay and maybe even this site's ToS to sell things you don't have possession of?

I was only kidding, didnt mean offense

The Russian Bear
03-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Shame about the Skyrim Litho damage but at least they caught it before dispatch, would of been a bitch to return to the US.

Matt16
03-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Just received this about the Skyrim litho. I'm assuming everyone has it but thought I'd post just in case.

Hello Skyrim fan and art lover,

We have some bad news about the Skyrim Lithograph.

These lithos were damaged in transit to the warehouse, and
unfortunately no one there noticed until they finally went on sale and
began to be packaged up for you all. While some of them were less
damaged than others, we decided that any damage at all was
unacceptable and the fairest thing would be to have them all destroyed
so we could start over fresh.

The order to have them reprinted is in, and they will be rushed to our
warehouse when they're done so they can start shipping out to you in
mint condition right away. We're being told to expect shipping to
start the week of April 1st, but we'll do everything we can to make
sure you get as perfect a litho as possible as soon as possible.

Because this is a numbered item, we're going to designate the new
prints with an asterisk so there will be no confusion in case the
fewer-than-ten unaccounted-for first run prints end up surfacing.
Numbering will now look like: 1/300 *, 2/300 *, etc. We're chasing
down the missing numbers from this first run so we can avoid any
collisions, but just to be safe, the asterisk will unobtrusively keep
things clear.

Since our overseas shipping costs are already crazy expensive, we
can't send you your other stuff separately. We know this isn't your
fault, and we feel bad, so we're going to add some store credit to
your accounts so you at least get something out of the ordeal. (If you
checked out as a guest, we can't do this automatically, so email us
and we'll try to work it out with you.)

We're really sorry this escaped notice until it was too late, and we
know you must have been excited to get your hands on it. We have a
proof copy from the first print run hanging in the office, and we
think once you see the final thing, it will have been worth the wait
to get it right. Please let us know if you have any other questions or
concerns.

The Bethesda Store

rasmusvn
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM
In general you don't have to return the litho, just tear it up in the case of damage/getting a replacement.

I find it just a little troubling that they talk about mint condition, since I've often experienced small amounts of damage despite several replacements.

Also Ryan can you clarify this: "Since our overseas shipping costs are already crazy expensive, we can't send you your other stuff separately."

Does "other stuff" also mean other lithos if so how many do you plan on packaging together?

Dreamcazman
03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I got the email this morning (Aus time), just a couple of questions for Ryan.

1. I'm curious to know what damage occurred to the lithos, do you have any photos?
2. The email mentioned a credit that will be applied to our accounts. How much will we receive and when?

I hope these replacements don't detract from the value of them, considering they're a second run and all. :huh:

thefunk007
03-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Not happy about this - full stop!

The Russian Bear
03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
I hope these replacements don't detract from the value of them, considering they're a second run and all. :huh:

Yea i'm a little worried about this too, but i don't think it will be an issue if all of the first run are destroyed. However if the less-than-ten unaccounted for first run prints make it into circulation then their is going to be a problem :(.

toxicatom5
03-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Take a look at this listing....seller is definitely spinning this, must have a background in public relations :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skyrim-Realm-of-the-Dragonborn-Lithograph-Limited-Edition-of-300-Rare-Litho-/251244554004?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7f57a714

SwiftDeath
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
This annoys me to no end

Because this is a numbered item, we're going to designate the new
prints with an asterisk so there will be no confusion in case the
fewer-than-ten unaccounted-for first run prints end up surfacing.
Numbering will now look like: 1/300 *, 2/300 *, etc. We're chasing
down the missing numbers from this first run so we can avoid any
collisions, but just to be safe, the asterisk will unobtrusively keep
things clear.

When you see an asterisk, you think "what is wrong with this information?"

I.E. an asterisk next to a world record is heart-breaking

So now I'm not going to want to point out the fact that it's numbered as anyone that looks at it will automatically ask what does the asterisk mean?

Personally I think that's a terrible way of correcting the issue.

They really should have accounted for all lithos if they were going to do this but seeing as how they can't I would have much preferred them to use a different font or color on the numbering to show that it's the "second run"

Because I for one paid for the "first run"

If you can't tell I ain't happy about this :nono:

Treehouse_Ryan
03-20-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't think it's possible for anyone to lose value. There will not be more than 300 lithos in existence. The second run should only change when you receive it, not who gets them or how nice it is. It will be otherwise identical and not inferior in any way....

RE: the emails, there were three scenarios that covered 65 people.

1. They bought the litho with some apparel and other things and live in the US or Canada, so we're going to split their shipment. They'll get the things that aren't their litho now, and they'll get their litho as soon as we can send it. Basically, they won't have their order held up on account of this mistake.

2. They bought only other lithos, so we're not going to split their shipment. This slightly reduces the risk for damage because it's only one shipment, but mostly this is about cost. We're waiting for 100% confirmation about how they're packed and will split these shipments if we get new info that makes that option makes sense. Ultimately it's a bummer, but the wait won't be too long.

3. International orders are unfeasible to ship separately, through no fault of their own, but since you guys are used to paying excess for shipping, we thought the least we could do is give you some store credit so you come out with something. This is already or will shortly be added to your account, so it's an automatic process for you. Unless you checked out without an account, in which case you should open up a ticket with customer service if you want your credit.

RE: the numbering, I couldn't see a better fix.... They were going to number them with "B" in the number, and I asked for something different and thought the asterisk was the least offensive. B seems more like second place than a little star, but we had to do something. A different color is a good idea that I didn't think about, but I'm not sure we could have executed it perfectly since we never saw the initial numbering and we're not doing the new ones, so it has to be something the printer won't make any substitutions about. Ultimately, we wanted to get the printing started as quickly as possible, so we rushed and did the best we could think of.

If anyone is really hot pissed about this, you can cancel your order for it, but we're doing absolutely everything we can to make it as right as possible. If we took an extra couple weeks, we could probably have tracked down every detail and printed just the ones that needed printing and tried to make them as exactly as possible, but that seemed like a worse option than a small notation on the number and it didn't seem like we had a lot of other choices....

Romeo
03-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Take a look at this listing....seller is definitely spinning this, must have a background in public relations :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skyrim-Realm-of-the-Dragonborn-Lithograph-Limited-Edition-of-300-Rare-Litho-/251244554004?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7f57a714

That scumbag needs to remove his listing and hopefully the Bethesda store finds out who he is and cancels his replacement order.

Edit: perfect! Ryan, can anything be done about resellers especially with the issue going on regarding the damaged lithos? If they were meant to be sold for hundreds then your company should have that profit, not some bottom feeder.

toxicatom5
03-20-2013, 04:44 PM
That scumbag needs to remove his listing and hopefully the Bethesda store finds out who he is and cancels his replacement order.

I guess there is some small possibility they actually received it. I just got a chuckle out of the comments at the bottom now that we know more about what is going on...

Treehouse_Ryan
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
I guess there is some small possibility they actually received it. I just got a chuckle out of the comments at the bottom now that we know more about what is going on...

If they received it, there wouldn't be an issue with just sending it out now. They wouldn't have to lie about getting their special replacement shipping on the 1st and could just turn it around right away.... The part about the colors and any contact with us (as "Bethesda") is total bullshit. But, good spin, as you said above.

ingmar1988
03-20-2013, 04:53 PM
This one is indivually numbered; although, for confidentiality purposes, I will not disclose the number in this auction.
He means, i do not have the litho yet, so i dont know what number it will be.

toxicatom5
03-20-2013, 04:54 PM
If they received it, there wouldn't be an issue with just sending it out now. They wouldn't have to lie about getting their special replacement shipping on the 1st and could just turn it around right away.... The part about the colors and any contact with us (as "Bethesda") is total bullshit. But, good spin, as you said above.

I'm an eternal optimist and tend to give the benefit of the doubt, so thanks for clearing that up!

Romeo
03-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Ryan I am curious, does a company have the right to state that a limited item is not permissable to be resold within x amount of time, particularly when the 'customer' hasn't even received the item?

Treehouse_Ryan
03-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I am not a lawyer, but there are essentially no limits to what someone can do once they've purchased something. If it's a service, then we have control, but physical objects become theirs. This is why record and video game companies get so twisted up about used media, etc. If they could stop it, they damn sure would.

Ebay can (and does?) have policies about selling things that aren't in your possession, but even if we could or did have something like that of our own, it wouldn't be enforceable.

Romeo
03-20-2013, 09:00 PM
I am not a lawyer, but there are essentially no limits to what someone can do once they've purchased something. If it's a service, then we have control, but physical objects become theirs. This is why record and video game companies get so twisted up about used media, etc. If they could stop it, they damn sure would.

Ebay can (and does?) have policies about selling things that aren't in your possession, but even if we could or did have something like that of our own, it wouldn't be enforceable.

I just look at it like this: If you sell a preorder for something at $100, then the buyer sells his preorder for $300, you should have every right to cancel his order since he's essentially using the company for profit. If that is the market price then the company should get the profit.

ingmar1988
03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
lol no, that is not how economics work. I mean treehouse could probably also double the price when there are only a few left and make more profit. But they dont do that. Once its sold, buyer can do whatever he wants.

nipperkipper
03-20-2013, 09:33 PM
I just look at it like this: If you sell a preorder for something at $100, then the buyer sells his preorder for $300, you should have every right to cancel his order since he's essentially using the company for profit. If that is the market price then the company should get the profit.

Unfortunately capitalism would disagree with this, its just the way of (most of) the world

Green_Farm
03-20-2013, 09:51 PM
^And Capitalism is a great thing, Bethesda just wasn't smart at all in the process. They have learned the lesson very quickly. What they need to do next time is limit one per customer by address, And also higher the price in the first place. Which I believe they will do after all of this.

rasmusvn
03-20-2013, 09:56 PM
^And Capitalism is a great thing, Bethesda just wasn't smart at all in the process. They have learned the lesson very quickly. What they need to do next time is limit one per customer by address, And also higher the price in the first place. Which I believe they will do after all of this.

That won't happen. There was a limit of 2.

That is unless Treehouse changes the way they've doing things for a long while.

ingmar1988
03-20-2013, 10:01 PM
1 is not enough, people who buy one for a friend etc.

Green_Farm
03-20-2013, 10:03 PM
That won't happen. There was a limit of 2.

That is unless Treehouse changes the way they've doing things for a long while.

Well there is a guy on Ebay right now with over 10 of them on pre-order. Either way, They haven't even finished the process and they are watching themselves be profited on over 5x the original amount. I am sure they aren't farting rainbows at the moment. It's obvious they have the initiative but they were not as ready as they thought they were.

ingmar1988
03-20-2013, 10:04 PM
aah well, maybe he used the address of his neighbor etc.

SwiftDeath
03-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Well there is a guy on Ebay right now with over 10 of them on pre-order. Either way, They haven't even finished the process and they are watching themselves be profited on over 5x the original amount. I am sure they aren't farting rainbows at the moment. It's obvious they have the initiative but they were not as ready as they thought they were.

Then you have proof that regardless of whatever checks and balances you put in place to stop people from profiteering, they will find a way

The Skyrim litho was most certainly limited at 2 a person and I think they should allow at least 2 as some of my friends don't buy online but like this sort of thing, hence I can get it for them.

Now the Dead Space 3 Dev Team edition, that was a fiasco as it was setup for resellers basically

Edit: Just realized, perhaps the first half of skyrim lithos weren't limited to 2 a person? :think:

That would explain a lot....

Green_Farm
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Then you have proof that regardless of whatever checks and balances you put in place to stop people from profiteering, they will find a way

The Skyrim litho was most certainly limited at 2 a person and I think they should allow at least 2 as some of my friends don't buy online but like this sort of thing, hence I can get it for them.

Now Dead Space 3 Dev Team edition, that was a fiasco as it was setup for resellers basically

Edit: Just realized, perhaps the first half of skyrim lithos weren't limited to 2 a person? :think:

That would explain a lot....

Yes and perhaps 1 is too little, Maybe I over exaggerated a bit. I think 2 is fair, But they are realizing people are willing to pay 250 for them and noone has them in hand yet. And the way to stop being profited on 5x over is to drastically higher the prices in the first place. Instead of $50 fee next time, It shall be $200, Or at a high enough mark where even after they have sold out they have no way to be profited on 5x over, the market wouldn't call for $1000 litho. And having such a high mark at the beginning will have more opportunity for people that really admire it to get a hold of it because they wouldn't sell out quite so fast, which in turn less would come up on online auctions because the collectors won't let it go.

vhal_x
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry but that is a ludicrous idea. The people willing to spend those insane ebay prices are desperate for the item, yes. But many of us cannot afford, nor would want to spend that on them. So raising the price right from the off is a no-no for me xx

Matt16
03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
And having such a high mark at the beginning will have more opportunity for people that really admire it to get a hold of it because they wouldn't sell out quite so fast, which in turn less would come up on online auctions because the collectors won't let it go.

A high price and really admiring something aren't relational, someone who can only afford $50 could love and admire it as much as someone with no budget but the high price just excludes a large portion of the fan base.

SwiftDeath
03-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Yes the problem with setting the initial price so high is that you marginalize a lot of true collectors who then simply can't afford the art in the first place.

No real good solution except to keep the maximum order quantity to less than 5 imo

Green_Farm
03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I'm sorry but that is a ludicrous idea. The people willing to spend those insane ebay prices are desperate for the item, yes. But many of us cannot afford, nor would want to spend that on them. So raising the price right from the off is a no-no for me xx

Which in turn prevents Bethesda from being profited on at such a ratio, Don't get me wrong I understand, and it's not like something limited isn't going to go up in price after it sells out of it's original roots, It always does. But it wouldn't be near the % it is. Less come up for auction, because the hardcore collectors have them with them already.

Green_Farm
03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
^200 set price from the start was just an example, It doesn't have to be 200 dollars, But as you can tell people are already willing to pay even more than that for them. Bethesda would still sell everyone of them they made, the only difference is your limiting your product to the hardcore fans and not the casual fans that will end up putting your stuff on Ebay before you have even got them out.

nipperkipper
03-20-2013, 10:42 PM
While i can understand your viewpoint i dont think it is the solution either. While bethesda can predict which litho will be more desirable they cant be sure. Lets say they raised the prices, some of the other lithos would not sell at those prices which would result in price discounting later on.

Limiting quantity is the only effective way.

i and i
03-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Yes the problem with setting the initial price so high is that you marginalize a lot of true collectors who then simply can't afford the art in the first place.

No real good solution except to keep the maximum order quantity to less than 5 imo

Totally agree with you. I am a hc collector, but would never be able to afford them if they will raise the prices like suggested.

Green_Farm
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
But yes I do understand that there are hardcore fans that also can't afford a 150 or higher set price. So then the solution to that could be having a lower set price in the beginning, Maybe the first 50 at a very reasonable price and then the next 250 at a higher set price. That way the last 250 still don't sell out quite as fast as they did and the original first 50 don't shoot up so high in price on auctions because it's still available at a set price from Bethesda themselves.

Green_Farm
03-20-2013, 10:47 PM
While i can understand your viewpoint i dont think it is the solution either. While bethesda can predict which litho will be more desirable they cant be sure. Lets say they raised the prices, some of the other lithos would not sell at those prices which would result in price discounting later on.

Limiting quantity is the only effective way.

I have already thought about that, I completely understand that view and agree with you 100%. But these aren't like upcoming comic books releases whre people don't know what to invest in. This merchandise popularity is already known, And Skyrim is in the upper section of collectible and worthy.

Madigan
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
But yes I do understand that there are hardcore fans that also can't afford a 150 or higher set price. So then the solution to that could be having a lower set price in the beginning, Maybe the first 50 at a very reasonable price and then the next 250 at a higher set price. That way the last 250 still don't sell out quite as fast as they did and the original first 50 don't shoot up so high in price on auctions because it's still available at a set price from Bethesda themselves.

That doesn't solve the problem and you're punishing the rest of the buyers.

Resellers will buy it for $50 and once it sells out resell it for $250 or more.

That's a terrible idea, it's like videogames and intrusive drm.

nipperkipper
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM
I have already thought about that, I completely understand that view and agree with you 100%. But these aren't like upcoming comic books releases whre people don't know what to invest in. This merchandise popularity is already known, And Skyrim is in the upper section of collectible and worthy.

True but fallout is a massive ongoing series for 15 years+ and dishonored won game of the year and the dishonored prints (in my view) are excellent pieces of artwork

Matt16
03-20-2013, 10:54 PM

No offence but that would never work unless everyone formed an orderly que with those with less money at the the front. There's no perfect solution unfortunately as scalpers will always get hold of them. Limiting the quantity you can buy by IP address and account is the best way I can think of

Green_Farm
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
That doesn't solve the problem and you're punishing the rest of the buyers.

Resellers will buy it for $50 and once it sells out resell it for $250 or more.

That's a terrible idea, it's like videogames and intrusive drm.

I took that into account when I said it. The resellers will buy them at the low price in the beginning you are right, But so will fans. And you figure half of the early ones will be put up for auction somewhere, either they are sold while Bethesda has the higher price still in stock, which would limit the early ones market to the price Bethesda is selling the upper price, or when Bethesda completely sells out the price will jump astronomically. But at that time it doesn't matter anymore because Bethesda sold the majority at a higher clip anyway. The price is going to jump on a limited anything after it sells out. But atleast that way, they weren't profited on by 5x before they even got the product to other hands, and fans still got the opportunity at a lower price.

toxicatom5
03-21-2013, 01:22 AM
I think a fundamental flaw in all of this is that if you just simply increase the price (whether it is at the beginning or after a certain amount are sold) and nothing else changes, you'd increase the price beyond what piece really dictates.

Sure people will pay astronomical prices on ebay, but that is due to the limited quantity in circulation not necessarily the quality of the piece. If stores start jumping their prices without making a coordinated improvement in quality that increase just doesn't warrant the price and buying it from the store becomes far less desirable to begin with.

Let me add, I think the quality of the pieces we've seen coming out recently is very good, but I also think they are fairly priced for what we are getting.

Madigan
03-21-2013, 01:26 AM
I took that into account when I said it. The resellers will buy them at the low price in the beginning you are right, But so will fans. And you figure half of the early ones will be put up for auction somewhere, either they are sold while Bethesda has the higher price still in stock, which would limit the early ones market to the price Bethesda is selling the upper price, or when Bethesda completely sells out the price will jump astronomically. But at that time it doesn't matter anymore because Bethesda sold the majority at a higher clip anyway. The price is going to jump on a limited anything after it sells out. But atleast that way, they weren't profited on by 5x before they even got the product to other hands, and fans still got the opportunity at a lower price.

It doesn't work.

I buy them for $50 and when the second set goes up on sale for $150, I'll sell mine for $149 or wait till it sells out and sell it for even more since the base price was $150.

What about the rest of the fans? do you think all of them will buy the first run at a lower price?

It's simple limit it to 2 per customer, be there when it goes up for sale, follow this forum, twitter or facebook and that's it, if you get one good for you, if not... sorry there are 1 million users out there wanting the same.

Green_Farm
03-21-2013, 01:41 AM
It doesn't work.

I buy them for $50 and when the second set goes up on sale for $150, I'll sell mine for $149 or wait till it sells out and sell it for even more since the base price was $150.

What about the rest of the fans? do you think all of them will buy the first run at a lower price?

It's simple limit it to 2 per customer, be there when it goes up for sale, follow this forum, twitter or facebook and that's it, if you get one good for you, if not... sorry there are 1 million users out there wanting the same.

I have been an imaginary president for Bethesda on a forum I joined 3 hours ago and I have been a fan that has bought the same product we are talking about.

You repeated my point in which if you bought it as a fan for 50 you would sell it for 149, That is my point! It wouldn't be at Three-Hundred dollars like the one that is on Ebay right now because Bethesda is still selling them at the 150 mark. Since they are selling it at the 150 mark they won't be getting profited on 6 times over, Only until they have completely sold out at the 150 is when the price jumps, it being at 150 it would most likely take it a longer while to sell out, and at that second set price it is not likely that people would all of a sudden jump 6x over 150. At that time though it doesn't matter because Bethesda both set a reasonable price for all fans, And didn't get raped before the product even left the building. I just think if Bethesda had the power to go back in time, They would not do it the same way over again.

ingmar1988
03-21-2013, 02:08 AM
lol this is a useless discussion.

If you are a fan, just keep an eye out for new stuff and you wont miss out.

And if you do miss out dont go buy from ebay scalpers. Apparently people who do that have money to spare..so what?

Green_Farm
03-21-2013, 02:12 AM
lol this is a useless discussion.

If you are a fan, just keep an eye out for new stuff and you wont miss out.

And if you do miss out dont go buy from ebay scalpers. Apparently people who do that have money to spare..so what?

And ultimately you are right, But it is fun to discuss. This thing brought out the businessborn in me instead of the dragonborn. I'm sorry for that..

Madigan
03-21-2013, 02:13 AM
And resellers still make a profit $1, $3, $234234234 it doesn't matter.

Sadly, game companies use the same logic. We have to stop piracy but let's fuck the rest with some shitty DRM.

I have a better solution, stop making limited editions, simple you have a couple of years or more before they stop printing them. :suicide:

Like ingmar said, this is going nowhere, I'm done with this.

Green_Farm
03-21-2013, 02:28 AM
And resellers still make a profit $1, $3, $234234234 it doesn't matter.

Sadly, game companies use the same logic. We have to stop piracy but let's fuck the rest with some shitty DRM.

I have a better solution, stop making limited editions, simple you have a couple of years or more before they stop printing them. :suicide:

Like ingmar said, this is going nowhere, I'm done with this.

I'm just saying there are ways to avoid the amount of ass whooping. But all in all I like this forum, I was welcomed not with a welcome, But with useless and ludicrous.

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Apparently this guy have more than 10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skyrim-Realm-of-the-Dragonborn-Lithograph-Limited-Edition-of-300-Rare-Litho-/330893469109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0ac9a5b5

Green_Farm
03-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Apparently this guy have more than 10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skyrim-Realm-of-the-Dragonborn-Lithograph-Limited-Edition-of-300-Rare-Litho-/330893469109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0ac9a5b5

Yeah that's the guy I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm not sure how, I think Bethesda didn't limit them per customer at first.

Treehouse_Ryan
04-25-2013, 07:08 PM

Quick update on the saga of this guy: he wrote in and demanded we refund him "the market rate" of $325 instead of the price he paid if his replacement didn't show up by a certain date (and this was like four days after it had been mailed, so was very literally out of our hands). Super fun.

Also, new lithos tomorrow for Fallout, Skyrim, and ESO.

MortalMonday
04-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Haha, that is too funny. What a dumbass asking for such a refund.

Thanks for the heads up on the new lithos as well.

Hopefully you and your team will pack them!

ingmar1988
04-25-2013, 07:20 PM
ryan any ETA on the lithos tomorrow?

Dreamcazman
04-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Ooh, looking forward to seeing the new Skyrim lithos.

Still have to get around to getting the other one framed. :lol:

Romeo
04-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Ooh, looking forward to seeing the new Skyrim lithos.

Still have to get around to getting the other one framed. :lol:

I'm definitely interested in them as well. ONE litho for me, and I know it'll never happen but I'm hoping members here don't hoard them to resell online screwing others in the process.

amb6883
04-26-2013, 03:17 AM
I will probably been in for a few!

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 03:35 AM
http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/a/r/art-litho-es-aerialattack-full.jpg

http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/a/r/art-litho-eso-fray-full.jpg

http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/a/r/art-litho-fo-capitol-full.jpg

These aren't as strong as the first ones, I don't think, but I'm often wrong about this sort of thing, and I'm sure they'll fill in some collections nicely.

Shooting for around 10 or 10:30 MDT. Will bump this thread before I pull the trigger if you'd like. Editions of 300, numbered but not signed.

Will be limited to 2 per customer (which really means 2 per checkout, but flagrant abuses will likely be canceled). We're going to have them shipped to the Colorado warehouse and try to physically show up and oversee packing and make sure it's done like the TR art.

As an aside, I saw some Skyrim Litho re-reprints get numbered and sent out this week as replacements. Customer Service is co-ordinating with people that got damaged ones to have theirs printed fresh, numbered to match their original, and then packed and shipped by our own hands. First time we've had to go that far to make things right on damaged lithos, but we're trying everything we can.... Hope everyone that got bummer lithos last round has opened a ticket.

amb6883
04-26-2013, 03:45 AM
In for Fray and Capital, but I will have to think about Aerial Attack.

rasmusvn
04-26-2013, 03:47 AM
Ryan, does Bethesda come up with those titles?

I mean "Aerial Attack", it's almost as bad a title as "Reaper Attack".

Mike1888
04-26-2013, 03:53 AM

I think that's what bethesda called the original artwork.

Reaper attack made sense with the game at least. Aerial attack is totally worse.

rasmusvn
04-26-2013, 03:57 AM
I think that's what bethesda called the original artwork.

Reaper attack made sense with the game at least. Aerial attack is totally worse.

There is a shadow of a dragon coming from above, but still.

Seems you're right. http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/downloads/

I guess one can predict future skyrim lithos from that unless they surprise us.

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 03:57 AM

I think key art is usually named something simple and memorable for internal purposes. Then it's put in lots of places, but not usually referred to by name. I've also seen guidelines (not from Bethesda) about which piece of key art to use in which situations, and when, so there's probably incentive to make them dead simple to refer to in order to keep other vendors from making a mistake and blowing some marketing beat. Putting the art on lithos probably isn't forefront at the time, and so by the time we get here the name is just kind of stuck.... Just my guess, though.

Short answer: yes the studios usually dictate litho names....

There is a shadow of a dragon coming from above, but still.

Seems you're right. http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/downloads/

I guess one can predict future skyrim lithos from that unless they surprise us.

I'm a little jaded, but I don't tend to want to hang the key art on my walls. It's iconic and recognizable and usually extremely well executed, but the fact that it's used so widely makes me less interested. I guess I'm an art snob in that way. I like the deeper cuts and the referential pieces better, personally.

I can tell you, though, the next Skyrim litho (which will be an open edition) is not on that page (but is something you've seen), and we got art today for the next-ish one after that which also isn't on that page (and I hadn't seen before--is a pretty cool image, but not sure the aspect ratio will work ultimately; still being worked out).

You're not far off in general, though. I don't know how final they are, but I've seen some samples in the office of probable future ESO lithos that you can find on this page: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media

Galahad
04-26-2013, 04:00 AM
YES!!:ghey:getting an itchy trigger finger for the first 2.

MortalMonday
04-26-2013, 04:12 AM
As an aside, I saw some Skyrim Litho re-reprints get numbered and sent out this week as replacements. Customer Service is co-ordinating with people that got damaged ones to have theirs printed fresh, numbered to match their original, and then packed and shipped by our own hands. First time we've had to go that far to make things right on damaged lithos, but we're trying everything we can.... Hope everyone that got bummer lithos last round has opened a ticket.

So wait, now there are replacements for the "Realm of the Dragonborn" litho? Damn, I gotta send out an email to customer service if this is the case.

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 04:16 AM
So wait, now there are replacements for the "Realm of the Dragonborn" litho? Damn, I gotta send out an email to customer service if this is the case.

Because this is a special case, I'm not sure what the threshold is for damage that gets a full reprint, but you should always send a [calm, polite] email to customer service when you get something damaged.

Romeo
04-26-2013, 04:37 AM
Because this is a special case, I'm not sure what the threshold is for damage that gets a full reprint, but you should always send a [calm, polite] email to customer service when you get something damaged.

....sp writing an email saying "I want an f'ing refund not what I paid but market value you pricks!!!!111" is frowned upon? :poke:

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 04:42 AM
....so writing an email saying "I want an f'ing refund not what I paid but market value you pricks!!!!111" is frowned upon? :poke:

Well, you gotta do what feels right at the time, but your mileage may vary in terms of getting what you want....

Dreamcazman
04-26-2013, 05:07 AM
Hmm, might give these new lithos a miss.

Can't say I really like them at all I'm afraid.

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 05:24 AM
I love Fallout and I love both the iconic depiction of the damaged post-apocolyptic white house and the BoS Knight

However somehow combining the two images into one looks corny

No other way I can say it but it some how ruined both images for me

Would have loved absolutely loved this one

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/rasmusvn/Forum/Art%20we%20never%20get/original5.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/rasmusvn/media/Forum/Art%20we%20never%20get/original5.jpg.html)

That is a great piece of art. The new Fallout one seems tacky for whatever reason

Still will buy it but it'll be second in my mind to the first Fallout one

So are there plans for more fallout lithos then?

I love me some Fallout

And yes Ras I totally just stole your Fallout pic :P

Much easier than searching on the web for it :rotf:

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Okay, here they come. Going to flip the switch right now. Camp out here if you're interested: http://store.bethsoft.com/art/lithographs.html

The Russian Bear
04-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Okay, here they come. Going to flip the switch right now. Camp out here if you're interested: http://store.bethsoft.com/art/lithographs.html

spamming F5 as fast as i can.

edit: and ordered.... yay.

Matt16
04-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I love Fallout and I love both the iconic depiction of the damaged post-apocolyptic white house and the BoS Knight

However somehow combining the two images into one looks corny

No other way I can say it but it some how ruined both images for me

I agree they don't really work together, although tut tut to an American not knowing what the White House looks like :P

squid
04-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Ah man, can't decide if I want two Fray lithographs or not.. I really like it. Right now I have 1 of each ordered of the elder scrolls lithos but.. hrm..

I guess I will wait since I am hoping to load up on the other elders scroll online lithos at pax prime..

<3 Elder Scrolls

Edit: Didn't realize I was only ~ 30 min late for these lithos to pop out. Such good timing I may actually get a low number for once!

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 05:57 PM
I agree they don't really work together, although tut tut to an American not knowing what the White House looks like :P

:rotf: right capitol building but I mean is the knight on some rooftop by the capitol building looking down?

It so obviously looks like they had that angle of the capitol building and that image of the knight and just patched them together

Guessing they've never produced new art to make lithos right?

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 06:03 PM
:rotf: right capitol building but I mean is the knight on some rooftop by the capitol building looking down?

It so obviously looks like they had that angle of the capitol building and that image of the knight and just patched them together

This is actual key art. They do have the full image "Destroyed DC", but the composite with the BOS wasn't done just for this litho....

We make requests a lot of the time, but they usually produce so much art for the games that making something else (instead of working on the game) isn't usually on the table. When we did the Alice art show, their lead did a new piece for it. And the lead at Tomb Raider really wanted to do a piece for that art show, but couldn't make it happen. I think the closest we've gotten is some touch-ups on pieces that they thought wouldn't print well because they were too roughly painted.

Making the game better could net millions of dollars. Making a litho will top off at a few thousand dollars, so it's a big ask.

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 06:07 PM
This is actual key art. They do have the full image "Destroyed DC", but the composite with the BOS wasn't done just for this litho....

We make requests a lot of the time, but they usually produce so much art for the games that making something else (instead of working on the game) isn't usually on the table. When we did the Alice art show, their lead did a new piece for it. And the lead at Tomb Raider really wanted to do a piece for that art show, but couldn't make it happen. I think the closest we've gotten is some touch-ups on pieces that they thought wouldn't print well because they were too roughly painted.

Making the game better could net millions of dollars. Making a litho will top off at a few thousand dollars, so it's a big ask.

I'm sure it will grow on me once I actually have it in my hands

Assuming it arrives undamaged of course but it sounds like you guys are working hard to fix that

Matt16
04-26-2013, 06:08 PM

I don't think there is a building there so he must have learnt to fly :superman:

It has been patched together like you say, and they just don't fit which is a shame as I do love fallout but I'm gonna give this a miss :(

rasmusvn
04-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Ryan, you talked about moving all art shipping in-house if the TR-run went well.

It seems it did.

So?

Galahad
04-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Ordered the 2 Elder Scrolls lithos. Thanks Ryan!

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Ryan, you talked about moving all art shipping in-house if the TR-run went well.

It seems it did.

So?

International shipping turned out to be a pretty big logistics issue, and the whole process was pretty disruptive and time-consuming. We're going to take a half-step towards that, but probably pull it all in-house if that doesn't work out....

We're going to have the Colorado warehouse pack things exactly how we did the TR art, and we're going to oversee it and be more hands-on. It's not quite "Let's hope this works out this time", but it's faster and more efficient than having me do it all in the art room. Hopefully you guys will get things faster and easier (and without the rate hike we charged for TR shipping), and if we're physically present for a lot of it, hopefully the art starts being handled better.

Mancoon
04-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Ryan you mentioned being allowed to order 2 at checkout. Is one allowed to place 3 orders with 2 of each without getting my order cancelled. That way I can get 2 each of the new pieces. Is this ok?

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Ryan you mentioned being allowed to order 2 at checkout. Is one allowed to place 3 orders with 2 of each without getting my order cancelled. That way I can get 2 each of the new pieces. Is this ok?

He means you can order 2 of each print and as many different prints as you want in an order

I.E. in any given order you can only order up to 2 of the same exact print but as many different prints as you want

So you can do what you wish in 1 order not 3

Mancoon
04-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks for clearing that up

Mancoon
04-26-2013, 09:39 PM
So what ones do you guys like. I ordered the fray so far. Lots of cool stuff came out this week. pyramid head, these and the bioshock prints. Do you think the fallout print will sell out quick. I would like to get them all. I'm still owed a dishonored print from getting a damaged one, I wonder if I can exchange it for a different one. So what do you think. do you guys like the new pictures?

Romeo
04-26-2013, 09:40 PM
So what ones do you guys like. I ordered the fray so far. Lots of cool stuff came out this week. pyramid head, these and the bioshock prints. Do you think the fallout print will sell out quick. I would like to get them all. I'm still owed a dishonored print from getting a damaged one, I wonder if I can exchange it for a different one. So what do you think. do you guys like the new pictures?

Unfortunately I'm not feeling the Fallout litho for reasons mentioned by other members, the Skyrim one isn't doing it for me, and I'm not a big Elder Scrolls fan.

Mancoon
04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Yeah I see what everyone means. It's like he's up in a crane, that does take it down a little, but I like it more than the skyrim one this time, I liked the first skyrim one alot and missed out on it. this one's not as cool, but I imagine will sell out.

Treehouse_Ryan
04-26-2013, 09:54 PM
Surprisingly, the Skyrim litho is selling the slowest of these three. Fallout is beating it by more than 3 to 1. ESO is in the middle.

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 09:56 PM
I got all three as they are still great prices for the pieces all things considered

Although I don't love the fallout one as I've mentioned I think it will grow on me when I actually have it in my hands

I like the looks of the backgrounds and the knight separately but together it's a bit odd

Matt16
04-26-2013, 10:00 PM
The more I look at it the more the fray one is growing on me, might end up getting that one.

The other two I really can't get on board with, uninspiring is the kindest word I can think of. Sorry :(

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 10:05 PM
The more I look at it the more the fray one is growing on me, might end up getting that one.

The other two I really can't get on board with, uninspiring is the kindest word I can think of. Sorry :(

IMO Fray is the best looking of the bunch

Really conveys action, events, conflicts

The fallout one makes me think that the brotherhood is either developing jet packs or playing with a crane :rotf:

And the skyrim one doesn't have enough action it and I'm not suggesting the dragon has to be in the print to convey that

CheapAssassin
04-27-2013, 02:59 AM
:( Anyone ordered extra Fallout print?? I really love brotherhood of steel.. if you ordered one spare, please sell to me.. I adi see those scalpers selling at USD180... sigh..

fromsinkingsands
04-27-2013, 09:48 AM
:( Anyone ordered extra Fallout print?? I really love brotherhood of steel.. if you ordered one spare, please sell to me.. I adi see those scalpers selling at USD180... sigh..

Keep your eyes peeled. There is a possibility they will sell another batch like last time.

Matt16
04-27-2013, 11:36 AM

Don't know if they'd sold out when you tried but they're still available now :)

CheapAssassin
04-27-2013, 12:09 PM
oh well.. i could click on the add to cart button, but right after clicking it i got a message says sold out.

but yea like fromsinkingsands mentioned, will keep checking it. hopefully there will be a second batch.

Romeo
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
oh well.. i could click on the add to cart button, but right after clicking it i got a message says sold out.

but yea like fromsinkingsands mentioned, will keep checking it. hopefully there will be a second batch.

They're already up on ebay. I'm going to message the seller giving him my 2 cents, and I hope treehouse has his auction removed.

SwiftDeath
04-27-2013, 07:45 PM
They're already up on ebay. I'm going to message the seller giving him my 2 cents, and I hope treehouse has his auction removed.

Again treehouse has no control in secondary markets

You can try to contact ebay about it but due to the ship date being relatively soon I don't think he's actually breaking any ebay rules

squid
04-27-2013, 08:11 PM

I never understood this argument. As a collector, I want the item I purchased to be worth more than what I pay for it.. since I want it to be rare and know that it is limited to few people.

This means there will naturally be a market for these items on secondary markets. I don't really have interest in collecting something that everyone and anyone can have...

Romeo
04-28-2013, 02:44 AM
I never understood this argument. As a collector, I want the item I purchased to be worth more than what I pay for it.. since I want it to be rare and know that it is limited to few people.

This means there will naturally be a market for these items on secondary markets. I don't really have interest in collecting something that everyone and anyone can have...

I agree 1000%. BUT not a month prior to, and immediately after an item comes out. A year later? Sure sell your print. What's happening here is if there are only 250 prints, I would bet 125 were purchased from resellers just to make $20. If treehouse wanted these to be sold auction style, then they would have listed them that way so THEY could receive the profits.

Romeo
04-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Again treehouse has no control in secondary markets

You can try to contact ebay about it but due to the ship date being relatively soon I don't think he's actually breaking any ebay rules

Sure they do. They can easily list a clause that these cannot be re-sold/pre-sold before the damn item is even printed or shipped! Otherwise they invoke a right to cancel your order.

amb6883
04-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Flippers gonna flip!

Mancoon
05-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Wow I just got my replacement dishonored prints today and they are in worse shape than the ones I ripped up. This is crazy, have any of you guys got your replacements back, I now fear for the new pictures I ordered

SwiftDeath
05-03-2013, 06:14 PM
Wow I just got my replacement dishonored prints today and they are in worse shape than the ones I ripped up. This is crazy, have any of you guys got your replacements back, I now fear for the new pictures I ordered

:(

Not a good thing to hear

How were they packed?

squid
05-03-2013, 06:20 PM

I received my replacement Skyrim lithos a few days ago and they are in perfect condition. Not a single crease line or bend. I couldn't be happier.

How was the package you received? Was it damaged by USPS?

Mancoon
05-03-2013, 07:17 PM
It was packaged like all the others definitely not as nice as Ryans tomb raider packaging. Who ever rolled it rolled it tight as the big creases are throughout, no bent corners although it was loose in the tube and free to move. Same issues as my first ones, it only seems to be these bethesdas ones, so I worry about the 4 new prints I bought. I don't understand how you can repeatedly damage these, the company has to be loosing money in shipping and materials, production costs etc. Really disappointed

squid
05-03-2013, 07:19 PM
It was packaged like all the others definitely not as nice as Ryans tomb raider packaging. Who ever rolled it rolled it tight as the big creases are throughout, no bent corners although it was loose in the tube and free to move. Same issues as my first ones, it only seems to be these bethesdas ones, so I worry about the 4 new prints I bought. I don't understand how you can repeatedly damage these, the company has to be loosing money in shipping and materials, production costs etc. Really disappointed

Sounds like your replacements were sent out by Bethesda and not by Treehouse. =/

SwiftDeath
05-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Sounds like your replacements were sent out by Bethesda and not by Treehouse. =/

Nothing is sent out by Bethesda or any of the game publishers

It is all handled by treehouse

However some of it like the tomb raider prints were packaged by treehouse themselves in their office but most are still packaged by the warehouse that treehouse contracts

Basically those warehouse people are terrible packers :(

For example they shipped a lot of the original skyrim/fallout prints in a 4" tube which is wide enough for that size print to be safely rolled shipped etc.

But for some reason the warehouse people decided that they had to be rollled tight and shoved all the posters next to each other in the tube instead of all prints being rolled to the outside of the tube

Not sure that made sense but if you saw it you'd immediately :facepalm:

Madigan
05-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Did they ship it like this?

http://i4.minus.com/iblNhPXOHeRnfm.JPG

This is how they shipped mine. It arrived in perfect condition I was lucky.

SwiftDeath
05-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Very lucky from the looks of it

I mean surely they must realize that it will get thrown around a bit in shipping? :nono:

At the very least throw some of that brown packaging paper in there to stop it from moving

Btw what print is that madigan? The new ME giclee?

Mancoon
05-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Ok guys I figured I'd post some pictures so you can get an idea of how things looked. I don't think I'm over reacting to the condition of this print, its worse than the first ones I tore up. I decided to keep my other original dishonored print as only the corner was bent, I didn't want to risk the replacement being damaged. I was informed that the new pictures that were released, fallout, aerial assult, and the fray will be shipped by treehouse themselves rather than the warehouse that keeps messing up these bethesda prints. so thats cool but this batch was a nightmare. So let me know what you think of the pictures and damage, I tried to take pictures of most of the damaged spots and a couple pictures from different angles.

shipping tube:

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%2BPictures/2013-05-04_01-25-37_750.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-37-17_908.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-36-25_120.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-36-10_556.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-32-15_249.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-31-41_208.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-31-20_724.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-30-46_742.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-29-23_199.jpg

Ok hopefully these links load this is all from one print

Dreamcazman
05-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear the troubles you're having Mancoon. After reading the issues you had (and others forum users) with your lithographs, I decided to take another look at my Dishonored prints. On initial inspection, they looked perfect to me, but then I noticed a crease which I didn't notice earlier.

http://users.on.net/~ckpichler/litho2.jpg

By the looks of it, it seems the crease was caused before the print was packed as it wouldn't be possible when rolled up in the tube. The rest of the print is ok except for a few slight creases which aren't really noticeable. I'm reluctant to request a replacement in case it's worse than this one.

Can creases like this be removed somehow? I've heard dampening the crease with water and using a dry iron can remove creases... :ph34r:

rasmusvn
05-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Just request a new replacement. Tell them you don't want to tear it up before you inspect the replacement.

As far as I've been told, a crease equals torn fibres in the paper.

Mancoon
05-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Dreamcasman to be honest I would keep the one you have as it looks better than most I've seen. As someone else said tell them to send a replacement and wait to tear yours up. I actually already tried that and told her the same that I didn't want to risk getting one worse than what I had but she wouldn't allow it she said she could not issue a replacement until she had pictures of me ripping up the current one, I felt it wasn't worth the risk for the less damaged print. I would keep the one you have, what you could do though is tell them that it's damaged and ask for a damage discount. I was given that option today when I told them my replacement was damaged as well. My option was to be refunded upon ripping up the new damaged print or keep it and receive a discount for the damages. I decided to take the refund and buy another tomb raider print. Anyway sorry to see the damage but when framed I don't think you will ever see that crease as it's not a deep bend. Hope this helps.

Dreamcazman
05-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll shoot an email off and see what unfolds. :)

nipperkipper
05-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Ok guys I figured I'd post some pictures so you can get an idea of how things looked. I don't think I'm over reacting to the condition of this print, its worse than the first ones I tore up. I decided to keep my other original dishonored print as only the corner was bent, I didn't want to risk the replacement being damaged. I was informed that the new pictures that were released, fallout, aerial assult, and the fray will be shipped by treehouse themselves rather than the warehouse that keeps messing up these bethesda prints. so thats cool but this batch was a nightmare. So let me know what you think of the pictures and damage, I tried to take pictures of most of the damaged spots and a couple pictures from different angles.

shipping tube:

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%2BPictures/2013-05-04_01-25-37_750.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-37-17_908.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-36-25_120.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-36-10_556.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-32-15_249.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-31-41_208.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-31-20_724.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-30-46_742.jpg

http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t339/JimAbsinthe/Other%20Pictures/2013-05-04_01-29-23_199.jpg

Ok hopefully these links load this is all from one print

Wow, i had a crease similar to those in my dishonored print but it was only one. So i couldnt be bothered with a replacement for just one small crease. To have all those from a single litho is remarkable

Treehouse_Ryan
05-20-2013, 04:46 PM
The last of the second batch of lithos is being shipped out today. They've been packed and shipped (by us, at the warehouse) for a week now, so a fair few should have trickled in for folks. Was hoping someone would post about how nice of condition theirs showed up in before we launch the next round on Wednesday....

amb6883
05-20-2013, 04:51 PM
I received mine last week and they were perfect. Are you ever going to do screen prints?

Treehouse_Ryan
05-20-2013, 04:54 PM
I received mine last week and they were perfect. Are you ever going to do screen prints?

Not this month. :)

blingaling
05-20-2013, 06:50 PM
The last of the second batch of lithos is being shipped out today. They've been packed and shipped (by us, at the warehouse) for a week now, so a fair few should have trickled in for folks. Was hoping someone would post about how nice of condition theirs showed up in before we launch the next round on Wednesday....

Mine were perfect!

mistwalker
05-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Was there a reason for the delay in shipping? Many people received theirs early-to-mid last week and mine haven't even gone out yet. The site indicated they wouldn't start shipping until the week of May 20, so I was surprised when so many had already received theirs last week.

Treehouse_Ryan
05-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Was there a reason for the delay in shipping? Many people received theirs early-to-mid last week and mine haven't even gone out yet. The site indicated they wouldn't start shipping until the week of May 20, so I was surprised when so many had already received theirs last week.

It's basically been one person doing them all, so they've just been limited by how many she can get done in a day....

We try to be pessimistic when picking those ship dates so we can beat them whenever possible (but are a little covered when things inevitably go wrong).

Treehouse_Ryan
05-22-2013, 04:35 PM
New Fallout litho:
http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/a/r/art-litho-fo-monument-full.jpg

New Elder Scrolls litho:
http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/a/r/art-litho-es-oblivion-full.jpgNot Skyrim!

New Skyrim litho:
http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/a/r/art-litho-es-alduinswall-full.jpgOpen edition, $25.

Coming in the next 30 to 90 minutes....

SwiftDeath
05-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up ryan :beer:

Still a little curious about the choice of Fallout Print

I actually really like the imagery on it just don't know why it's tilted :scratch:

So we're meant to be viewing it from the ground or something?

Will still buy though as I'm slowly generating a Fallout art collection :bananayes:

Oblivion print looks really promising so will have to get that for sure

amb6883
05-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Definitely getting Oblivion and I got the other fallout litho's so might as well get that one too.

Duction
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
they will be available only through bethesda store i take it?

SwiftDeath
05-22-2013, 05:49 PM
they will be available only through bethesda store i take it?

Yes as per usual

Duction
05-22-2013, 06:18 PM
have these gone up yet? cant wait to try and get one

SwiftDeath
05-22-2013, 06:20 PM
have these gone up yet? cant wait to try and get one

They're running a little late as it would seem

But should be up quite soon I imagine

Treehouse_Ryan
05-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Sorry gang. The delay involved finding out whether we could get these two new Dishonored giclees live at the same time (we can and did), and I was in a meeting with some people from BioWare that were visiting....

New art is up: http://store.bethsoft.com/art.html

Duction
05-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks, just orderd :) :thumb:

MortalMonday
05-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ryan!

Romeo
05-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Sorry gang. The delay involved finding out whether we could get these two new Dishonored giclees live at the same time (we can and did), and I was in a meeting with some people from BioWare that were visiting....

New art is up: http://store.bethsoft.com/art.html

Thank you sir. I like the two Dishonored giclees though the sizing is different for both. Now I'm going to need another binder, one for my lithos, the other for my women. *

blingaling
05-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Thank you sir. I like the two Dishonored giclees though the sizing is different for both. Now I'm going to need another binder, one for my lithos, the other for my women. *

i see what you did there :haha:

Mike1888
05-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Ordered the new ones. Really appreciate the heads up.

Duction
05-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Someone is selling2 fallout ones for $150 already and they are still available via the store :(

MortalMonday
05-23-2013, 08:30 AM
How about a limited edition Alduin's Wall (as opposed to the open edition.)

Maybe signed and numbered, maybe giclee instead of litho, maybe different size...

Just a thought.

Romeo
05-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Someone is selling2 fallout ones for $150 already and they are still available via the store :(

Report them to eBay.

Duction
05-23-2013, 05:00 PM
What would you report then with? Just seems a little sleezy to sell these for $150 each lol.. At least wait till they are sold out!

SwiftDeath
05-23-2013, 05:04 PM
What would you report then with? Just seems a little sleezy to sell these for $150 each lol.. At least wait till they are sold out!

I read the listing and there is nothing you can report him for

By ebay's rules that seller has done nothing wrong

It is definitely sleazy but not illegal, against ebay rules etc.

Romeo
05-23-2013, 09:27 PM

I read the listing and there is nothing you can report him for

By ebay's rules that seller has done nothing wrong

It is definitely sleazy but not illegal, against ebay rules etc.

Depends on the ship date from treehouse. Doesn't ebay have a policy that you can't sell what you don't have?

SwiftDeath
05-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Depends on the ship date from treehouse. Doesn't ebay have a policy that you can't sell what you don't have?

Yes ebay does but I took that into consideration

I believe ship date is quoted as June 10th?

Hence ships 2 - 2.5 weeks from now so it's cutting it close but they could technically deliver it to someone within 45 days, close though so you could always report them and hope for the best

I have always hated how ebay doesn't share what becomes of the reports you make to you

I imagine a lot just go straight to the trash :(

amb6883
05-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Listing presale items isn't allowed unless they meet the following requirements.

- The listing guarantees the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the end of the auction or time of purchase.

- The listing states the item is a presale, and will be shipped within 30 days from the date the listing ends.

He does not do either so it is in violation of Ebay's terms. He does demand payment within two days though, so that's nice.

SwiftDeath
05-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Listing presale items isn't allowed unless they meet the following requirements.

- The listing guarantees the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the end of the auction or time of purchase.

- The listing states the item is a presale, and will be shipped within 30 days from the date the listing ends.

He does not do either so it is in violation of Ebay's terms. He does demand payment within two days though, so that's nice.

Ah ok never looked into it that much as it will happen regardless

So feel free to report away then

amb6883
05-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I've never reported anyone. People should research things before they buy them, and I never buy presale items on Ebay, so it doesn't really effect me at all.

SwiftDeath
05-23-2013, 10:24 PM
I've never reported anyone. People should research things before they buy them, and I never buy presale items on Ebay, so it doesn't really effect me at all.

Yeah the moment I see something like that and assuming I don't already know about it I track down its origin as that makes things so much simplier

amb6883
05-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Also, I just checked treehouse's store and Monument seems to be OOS now.

SwiftDeath
05-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Also, I just checked treehouse's store and Monument seems to be OOS now.

That was fast

Oblivion litho is still there

Imagine that one will take a little time to sell out

amb6883
05-23-2013, 10:43 PM
It could be that they are releasing these in batches like some of the others though and it will come back in stock later. I already bought one so I am safe either way.

SwiftDeath
05-23-2013, 10:44 PM
It could be that they are releasing these in batches like some of the others though and it will come back in stock later. I already bought one so I am safe either way.

I got the oblivion and Fallout as well

Can't miss out on Fallout stuff like that even if I don't think it was the best art work

Hopefully we'll see some more interesting stuff in the future

Romeo
05-24-2013, 02:34 AM

That is just.... horrible. Report it so ebay is aware. Every vote counts, etc.

amb6883
05-24-2013, 03:27 AM
I am not the ebay police and have zero sympathy for people who do not do their due diligence.

Duction
05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
I had to buy the 1st 2 prints from eBay for alot of money as I missed the store sale of them :(

Did the 2nd print tha capitol come in geese proof paper instead of a plastic wallet?

Can any one confirm ?

blingaling
05-24-2013, 03:29 PM
I am not the ebay police and have zero sympathy for people who do not do their due diligence.

YES YES YES. It would be fantastic to read a thread that doesn't degenerate into people whining about re-sellers.

amb6883
05-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Monument back in stock.

amb6883
05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
They must be releasing one at a time. It keeps going in and out of stock every other minute.

Matt16
05-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Bugger, just got a letter through that there's a customs fee of ?13 to pay for my Fallout litho. More irritating because its a bloody replacement as the first was damaged :rant:

SwiftDeath
05-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Bugger, just got a letter through that there's a customs fee of ?13 to pay for my Fallout litho. More irritating because its a bloody replacement as the first was damaged :rant:

That's disheartening :(

Both to hear you have to pay customs on a replacement and that you need a replacement in the first place

Hopefully the new lithos are sent carefully handled and packaged

nipperkipper
05-24-2013, 06:25 PM

Yes bad news for all UK customers as Treehouse appear to have changed their international courier from XPO to MSI. MSI in the UK are Bpost UK and they ALWAYS charge customs fees.

The Russian Bear
05-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Ahh so thats what the custom charge email was from, would of been nice if Treehouse had let me know they had dispatched my order.

thefunk007
05-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes bad news for all UK customers as Treehouse appear to have changed their international courier from XPO to MSI. MSI in the UK are Bpost UK and they ALWAYS charge customs fees.

Yeah this does suck I got charged customs to? 43 GBP on my order, really not happy about it!

MortalMonday
06-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Did anyone notice that they reduced the edition sizes for the newest Dishonored giclees? They're now only making 50 each. Grey Warden was reduced as well, down to 125. The Dishonored gicless are all sold out now it seems.

Mike1888
06-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Did anyone notice that they reduced the edition sizes for the newest Dishonored giclees? They're now only making 50 each. Grey Warden was reduced as well, down to 125. The Dishonored gicless are all sold out now it seems.

I've been surprised by the lack of demand for Dishonored stuff.

I'm guessing if they put out the lithos closer to the release of the game they'd sell out a lot quicker. People have forgotten how awesome that game is.

Romeo
06-03-2013, 03:01 PM

I'm guessing if they put out the lithos closer to the release of the game they'd sell out a lot quicker. People have forgotten how awesome that game is.

I agree 100%.

blingaling
06-03-2013, 04:15 PM

Like they forgot how great Fallout 3 was?

I get what you're saying, but the fact is Dishonored just isn't as popular a franchise. One day though, if there is a Dishonored 2, people will be on the warpath trying to get their hands on these prints kicking themselves repeatedly for passing when they were affordable.

Mike1888
06-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Like they forgot how great Fallout 3 was?

I get what you're saying, but the fact is Dishonored just isn't as popular a franchise. One day though, if there is a Dishonored 2, people will be on the warpath trying to get their hands on these prints kicking themselves repeatedly for passing when they were affordable.

When the game first came out people were going crazy over those little rubber masks. I remember them consistently going for over $100 on ebay.

Obviously Elder Scrolls and Fallout are more popular but I'd expect Dishonored to be a somewhat "collectible" game, as you brought up it's clearly the start to what looks like a AAA franchise.

MortalMonday
06-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Those masks were selling for $200 consistently. crazy.

rasmusvn
06-21-2013, 07:30 PM
New.

Dragon fight giclee.

http://store.bethsoft.com/catalog/product/view/id/5145/s/dragon-fight-giclee/category/329/

http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/23/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/i/giclee-es-dragonfight-full.jpg

http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/23/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/i/giclee-es-dragonfight-detail.jpg

+ Two others that are meh..

MortalMonday
06-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Is that supposed to be Skyrim-related? If it is Skyrim-related, I don't see the relation; and I'll have to pass.

rasmusvn
06-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Is that supposed to be Skyrim-related? If it is Skyrim-related, I don't see the relation; and I'll have to pass.

Says so on FB.

But it has dragons in it? :rotf:

amb6883
06-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Why do all the treehouse stores not like to put the names of the games on their giclees and screen prints? And I bet the 250 edition run of dragon flight is changed by Monday. Definitely passing on all of them.

Mike1888
06-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Looks good to me. That looks like daedric armor from the game if I remember right.

nipperkipper
06-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Why do all the treehouse stores not like to put the names of the games on their giclees and screen prints? And I bet the 250 edition run of dragon flight is changed by Monday. Definitely passing on all of them.

All the fallout lithos have names on them

SwiftDeath
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
All the fallout lithos have names on them

I think that's why he is complaining

All lithos have names/brands on them but giclees and screenprints don't

Although I can see why as giclees/screenprints are almost a purer form or art

Of course that's just my opinion

Treehouse_Ryan
06-21-2013, 09:01 PM

Traditionally, the giclees and screenprints are more art-piece-that-happens-to-be-game-related than game-collectible, and so we print just the art. Laying the logo over the art would be tough, so we'd have to give it an even bigger border and print the logo there, which hasn't seemed very appealing when we've looked at it. Would a lot of you prefer to have the logo on everything, instead of just the lithos?

I'm curious why the edition size changing bothers you. I know why it bothers me, but we have never and would never raise an edition size, so as a collector it would seem to only be in your benefit if the number goes down some....

That looks like daedric armor from the game if I remember right.

This. Came to us from the Skyrim team called "Daedric_Armor_Scene".

nipperkipper
06-21-2013, 09:03 PM
I think that's why he is complaining

All lithos have names/brands on them but giclees and screenprints don't

Although I can see why as giclees/screenprints are almost a purer form or art

Of course that's just my opinion

My bad, i misread the statement, stupid me

SwiftDeath
06-21-2013, 09:11 PM
My bad, i misread the statement, stupid me

lol no worries

I only noticed because I read way way too much into what people say

The original MS DRM policy announcement drove me nuts for hours trying to figure out what they were saying lol

ingmar1988
06-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Traditionally, the giclees and screenprints are more art-piece-that-happens-to-be-game-related than game-collectible, and so we print just the art. Laying the logo over the art would be tough, so we'd have to give it an even bigger border and print the logo there, which hasn't seemed very appealing when we've looked at it. Would a lot of you prefer to have the logo on everything, instead of just the lithos?

I'm curious why the edition size changing bothers you. I know why it bothers me, but we have never and would never raise an edition size, so as a collector it would seem to only be in your benefit if the number goes down some....

This. Came to us from the Skyrim team called "Daedric_Armor_Scene".

no logo's please. Makes it look like a cheap poster instead of art.

rasmusvn
06-21-2013, 09:34 PM
What one might do is to press the logo into the paper.

Not too big though.

amb6883
06-21-2013, 09:41 PM
I do not want the name/logo all of them but would like it ones where it works with the image. In general I do not like lithographs, they are cheap reproductions and I do not see them ever going up on my wall. I have still bought a lot of them from the treehouse, but they are all sitting storage. Giclees are at least better quality reproductions and screen prints are more unique and a art form themselves.

Lithograph/giclee/screen printing are all methods of transferring the image. I would like some of the "game-collectible" pieces to be of better quality and would even pay more. Just please come out with some nice screen prints (with metallic inks!) that are actually recognizable as being associated with the game.

Also, as a collector I am actually happy the edition sizes keep getting reduced I just find it little humorous.

rasmusvn
06-21-2013, 09:54 PM
I do not want the name/logo all of them but would like it ones where it works with the image. In general I do not like lithographs, they are cheap reproductions and I do not see them ever going up on my wall. I have still bought a lot of them from the treehouse, but they are all sitting storage. Giclees are at least better quality reproductions and screen prints are more unique and a art form themselves.

Lithograph/giclee/screen printing are all methods of transferring the image. I would like some of the "game-collectible" pieces to be of better quality and would even pay more. Just please come out with some nice screen prints (with metallic inks!) that are actually recognizable as being associated with the game.

Also, as a collector I am actually happy the edition sizes keep getting reduced I just find it little humorous.

You didn't like the Liara one? It was so great... or perhaps not.

amb6883
06-21-2013, 10:13 PM
She looks weird to me in it. Do not really know why but I can not get my self to like it.

rasmusvn
06-21-2013, 10:16 PM
She looks weird to me in it. Do not really know why but I can not get my self to like it.

I think it's horrible, and that's being kind.

Madigan
06-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Home is a State of Mind > Liara screenprint in terms of design.

Matt16
06-21-2013, 10:58 PM
New.

Dragon fight giclee.

http://store.bethsoft.com/media/catalog/product/cache/23/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/i/giclee-es-dragonfight-full.jpg

Really like that but I've sworn off treehouse so will give it a miss :nono:

Would a lot of you prefer to have the logo on everything, instead of just the lithos?

I prefer to have no wording at all other than a sig and number as I think it makes them more poster like

Treehouse_Ryan
06-21-2013, 11:15 PM
Really like that but I've sworn off treehouse so will give it a miss :nono:

I 100% understand your frustration and won't try to talk you into anything, but for the record I was going over your case with customer service this morning and they should be reaching out to you soon.

Wasteland was the last piece of art our warehouse handled. All of our art is being handled by a lovely girl with Mass Effect tattoos that really, really gives a shit. I've seen her spend five minutes staring at a litho in variously lit areas of the office trying to decide whether some truly tiny creases counted as enough damage to not send. I taught her exactly how we wanted things to roll, and when I've jumped in to do a couple for whatever reason, she clucked at me that I was rolling them too tight (I wasn't) and tried to scold me. I respect that this means nearly nothing to you given your frustrations, but I promise things are very different. This took too long for us to finally do, but we've fully committed to it now, and the results are very different than our previous track record....

If you do actually like this one, you should order it. I don't care at all about selling them out or taking your money, but I would hate for you to not have something you liked on account of the past mistakes that we have well and truly fixed. If you don't trust me/us, then I completely understand and respect that decision, but I'm sad that you'll miss out on something you would have otherwise wanted.

In related news, the international shipping situation is making some slow progress. Ordering multiple pieces at once will no longer jump your shipping rate up crazily, and we're trying to offer USPS as well as MSI. It's more expensive for most shipments (strangely, USPS is a fair amount cheaper on larger packages it turns out--Anthony has been spending days with the most complex spreadsheet I've ever seen), but based on your feedback and MSI's customs policies, we understand that some of you may prefer it. Rates are still very high, but they should be a little better than before and we're still doing lots of analysis here, and meeting with a number of other companies to figure out what additional options we have....

Amnoz
06-21-2013, 11:15 PM
What do you guys think of the giclee's?

Honestly I cannot bring myself to like any of them and the new skyrim one seems so.. how do I put it, it seems like fan service for the prepubescent.

I really like the colours and the balance in them, but the images themselves... I'm not sure, they just do not resonate with me.

It might be because I did not LOVE dishonored but it might also be that I'm getting tired of seeing video game characters standing in the forefront of art pieces. That is probably why I really liked the first Skyrim piece, it was more scenic and told you more about the world as opposed to "look at me and all my deeply covered layers of personality."

Treehouse_Ryan
06-21-2013, 11:22 PM

I am 100% with you on this. I vastly prefer art over collectible, and have passed on getting almost all of our lithos.

I thought most of our gearbox screenprints were pretty exceptional (though sadly not metallic--we can't get samples of screenprints, so we've been gun-shy about trying them out since they're difficult to get right and expensive to mess up).

One of the issues we run into is that so much art is created for a game over such a long period of time by really invested, hard-working people that getting art done by outsiders is sometimes a difficult pitch.... They want to see the art they've been slaving over, which is perfectly reasonable (and they're the boss), so the stuff that I personally think is more fun takes a backseat.

Then when we do get approval to do this, and find someone willing to do the work, they're not always really hip on the game, so that makes things a little difficult too. The guy in charge of running these projects with outside artists doesn't make the same choices I would all the time, but I'm kind of a snob about this stuff and rarely predict what ends up selling well, so I'm sure I would do much worse.... This is the kind of armchair quarterbacking that everyone does, but if I'm being honest, the diversity (including the stuff I haven't personally liked) is probably a good thing.

Anyway, I'm with you, and I've got a couple pet projects that I'm hoping finally see the light of day soon.... I'm fighting for less keyart and more interesting stuff, but it's hard for a lot of reasons.

I think it's horrible, and that's being kind.

James has a style that's not for everyone. The print is stunning and came out exceptionally well, though I will agree that her face was a turn-off for me also.

Treehouse_Ryan
06-21-2013, 11:27 PM
What do you guys think of the giclee's?

Honestly I cannot bring myself to like any of them and the new skyrim one seems so.. how do I put it, it seems like fan service for the prepubescent.

I really like the colours and the balance in them, but the images themselves... I'm not sure, they just do not resonate with me.

It might be because I did not LOVE dishonored but it might also be that I'm getting tired of seeing video game characters standing in the forefront of art pieces. That is probably why I really liked the first Skyrim piece, it was more scenic and told you more about the world as opposed to "look at me and all my deeply covered layers of personality."

The Skyrim one is a cool piece of concept art, but you're right, it takes a deep commitment to want to hang it.

The Dishonored ones are the paintings made for use as background art in the game itself. The style is cool, and the idea of having the same thing that's hanging in the game is cool, but I also am not in love with the content. We have some Dishonored giclees coming up that are very different. I'm not sure I love them either, but they're really, really not characters standing in front of a vignetted background, so that's at least something.

Mike1888
06-21-2013, 11:36 PM
The Dishonored ones are the paintings made for use as background art in the game itself. The style is cool, and the idea of having the same thing that's hanging in the game is cool

Exactly this for me. Played the game to death and always hoped that the awesome paintings in the game (especially lord regent, it was everywhere) would be released in the real world for collecting. So thanks. :thumb:

amb6883
06-22-2013, 12:09 AM
I am 100% with you on this. I vastly prefer art over collectible, and have passed on getting almost all of our lithos.

I thought most of our gearbox screenprints were pretty exceptional (though sadly not metallic--we can't get samples of screenprints, so we've been gun-shy about trying them out since they're difficult to get right and expensive to mess up).

One of the issues we run into is that so much art is created for a game over such a long period of time by really invested, hard-working people that getting art done by outsiders is sometimes a difficult pitch.... They want to see the art they've been slaving over, which is perfectly reasonable (and they're the boss), so the stuff that I personally think is more fun takes a backseat.

Then when we do get approval to do this, and find someone willing to do the work, they're not always really hip on the game, so that makes things a little difficult too. The guy in charge of running these projects with outside artists doesn't make the same choices I would all the time, but I'm kind of a snob about this stuff and rarely predict what ends up selling well, so I'm sure I would do much worse.... This is the kind of armchair quarterbacking that everyone does, but if I'm being honest, the diversity (including the stuff I haven't personally liked) is probably a good thing.

Anyway, I'm with you, and I've got a couple pet projects that I'm hoping finally see the light of day soon.... I'm fighting for less keyart and more interesting stuff, but it's hard for a lot of reasons.

I have the yellow claptrap screen print framed up in my living room and love it!

Ever think about reaching out to Olly Moss? I mean he is selling a Lara Croft doodle right now (though not my taste). Though I pretty sure if he ever did licensed video game print I would have zero chance of actually getting it.

Also, the new Sam Wolfe Connelly Mass Effect giclee is pretty nice!

Madigan
06-22-2013, 12:36 AM
I have the yellow claptrap screen print framed up in my living room and love it!

Ever think about reaching out to Olly Moss? I mean he is selling a Lara Croft doodle right now (though not my taste). Though I pretty sure if he ever did licensed video game print I would have zero chance of actually getting it.

Yeah, I wanted to order it but it costs $40 and the shipping USPS Priority International $46.00 -.-

They removed XPO and now I'm fucked.

Treehouse_Ryan
06-22-2013, 01:00 AM

Glad you got the original Claptrap! I always find that one really impressive. Our lead artist, Chris, drew that one by hand, even though it looks like it came from an in-game asset....

We've tried reaching out to Olly Moss, but that dude can write his own ticket to anywhere now and is hard to get ahold of. We're all fans, though (I bought a three-pack of those new doodles as soon as I saw them just to have something of his, and am curious if I'll like them more in person). Did you pick up his silhouettes book? It's fun and easier to get than his usual stuff.

Sam's style is really intricate and interesting. I had a hard time picking out sections to show for detail when cropping the image because there's so much densely-packed stuff going on. I'm curious about his workflow....

rasmusvn
06-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Sam's style is really intricate and interesting. I had a hard time picking out sections to show for detail when cropping the image because there's so much densely-packed stuff going on.

Let us have a high-res jpeg. :)

Amnoz
06-22-2013, 01:57 AM
The Skyrim one is a cool piece of concept art, but you're right, it takes a deep commitment to want to hang it.

The Dishonored ones are the paintings made for use as background art in the game itself. The style is cool, and the idea of having the same thing that's hanging in the game is cool, but I also am not in love with the content. We have some Dishonored giclees coming up that are very different. I'm not sure I love them either, but they're really, really not characters standing in front of a vignetted background, so that's at least something.

Agreed.

I also think the idea is cool, but it would take a really special in game painting to sell me on the idea. The fact that the Lord Regent appears so much almost takes away from the idea even more. Then it's just shoveling something onto others that the game tried shoveling onto you.

One painting that would do it for me is the painted world of ariamis (https://www.google.ca/search?q=the%20painted%20world%20of%20ariamis&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=IvbEUZi1H8vk4AOV04GoBg&biw=1920&bih=1078&sei=J_bEUe_mL7f64APEmYGQBw#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=IoJihtZwoxM0ZM%3A%3BgplDC3002GdlwM%3Bhttp%25 3A%252F%252Fimage.gamespotcdn.net%252Fgamespot%252 Fimages%252F2011%252Ffeatures%252Fgameguides%252Fd arksouls%252Fwalkthrough2%252F0069.jpg%3Bhttp%253A %252F%252Fwww.gamespot.com%252Ffeatures%252Fdark-souls-walkthrough-6337130%252F%253Fpage%253D23%3B640%3B360).

Give me that in the form of a giclee and then take all of my money!

MortalMonday
06-22-2013, 02:01 AM
not to go off-topic, but can anyone please show the Moss TR doodles that everyone keeps talking about please. Thanks.

amb6883
06-22-2013, 02:17 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/thor_guitar_2127/percentages_zpsfbc45794.jpg

MortalMonday
06-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Awesome. Is there a link available?

amb6883
06-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Sorry, they are OOS. They were part of a blind box sale that was open for 72 hours and ended tonight. On the bright side this was series 1 and more series are supposed to be released.

MortalMonday
06-22-2013, 02:29 AM
link please? Thanks for the info though.

amb6883
06-22-2013, 02:35 AM
No link. Its dead. No longer on his site.

MortalMonday
06-22-2013, 02:37 AM
I found it now. I'll be ready for next time.

amb6883
06-22-2013, 02:52 AM
Did you pick up his silhouettes book? It's fun and easier to get than his usual stuff.

Not yet but I plan to. I do have his Zelda variant though and a couple others.
I am definitely going to pick up the Connelly print tonight but to get a better deal on shipping I am trying to figure out something to bundle it with.

thefunk007
06-22-2013, 07:21 PM
I 100% understand your frustration and won't try to talk you into anything, but for the record I was going over your case with customer service this morning and they should be reaching out to you soon.

Wasteland was the last piece of art our warehouse handled. All of our art is being handled by a lovely girl with Mass Effect tattoos that really, really gives a shit. I've seen her spend five minutes staring at a litho in variously lit areas of the office trying to decide whether some truly tiny creases counted as enough damage to not send. I taught her exactly how we wanted things to roll, and when I've jumped in to do a couple for whatever reason, she clucked at me that I was rolling them too tight (I wasn't) and tried to scold me. I respect that this means nearly nothing to you given your frustrations, but I promise things are very different. This took too long for us to finally do, but we've fully committed to it now, and the results are very different than our previous track record....

If you do actually like this one, you should order it. I don't care at all about selling them out or taking your money, but I would hate for you to not have something you liked on account of the past mistakes that we have well and truly fixed. If you don't trust me/us, then I completely understand and respect that decision, but I'm sad that you'll miss out on something you would have otherwise wanted.

In related news, the international shipping situation is making some slow progress. Ordering multiple pieces at once will no longer jump your shipping rate up crazily, and we're trying to offer USPS as well as MSI. It's more expensive for most shipments (strangely, USPS is a fair amount cheaper on larger packages it turns out--Anthony has been spending days with the most complex spreadsheet I've ever seen), but based on your feedback and MSI's customs policies, we understand that some of you may prefer it. Rates are still very high, but they should be a little better than before and we're still doing lots of analysis here, and meeting with a number of other companies to figure out what additional options we have....

I can vouch for this, I have had a nightmare with the original Skyrim oversized Litho, the original one was damaged, so a replacement was sent, that got lost by the courier and I have now had a new one sent out via a faster tracked service and the girl that has been looking after me has been fantastic :notworthy:

Damnation
06-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Dishonored giclee's, Lord Regent and Outsider seem to be in stock.

amb6883
06-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Apparently nearly everything in all their stores that was OOS is back in stock. Starting not trust Treehouse anymore, but I guess it's good for the people missed the first time.

Matt16
06-25-2013, 07:32 PM

I appreciate what you're saying Ryan, and I agree that the two litho's which I believe were sent from your office both arrived without any problems. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the minute to be honest, I'll have to give it some thought.

Regarding customer services, they contacted me last week and offered the 50% discount but to be honest there's no point keeping it as it has a hole... a big hole.

Treehouse_Ryan
06-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Apparently nearly everything in all their stores that was OOS is back in stock. Starting not trust Treehouse anymore, but I guess it's good for the people missed the first time.

We hold quantities back in case of damages, lost packages, etc. After a period of time when we're satisfied that everything that was going to go wrong has, we release the last few we've been sitting on. We have done multiple versions of some pieces (color variants that are basically new products, open edition differently-sized lithos that are un-numbered and un-signed, etc), but we've never played loose with edition sizes.

I appreciate what you're saying Ryan, and I agree that the two litho's which I believe were sent from your office both arrived without any problems. I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the minute to be honest, I'll have to give it some thought.

Regarding customer services, they contacted me last week and offered the 50% discount but to be honest there's no point keeping it as it has a hole... a big hole.

Steph was working on something with the warehouse that might be a little better on the Wasteland litho. I'm assuming we're still waiting to hear back before she reaches out again, but I know she's trying to do even more for you.

If you really want that Skyrim giclee, I will be happy to pack it myself and refund you the full price of it out of my own pocket if it shows up with anything wrong (that isn't clearly done in transit, anyway) if that helps you to feel more comfortable ordering.... Again, I have no interest in making a sale, so do whatever feels right and I won't hold anything against you.

MortalMonday
06-25-2013, 08:06 PM

This isn't anything new though. They've almost always released any remaining stock later, after an item has officially sold out. You can be sure that this is probably the last chance to pick up any items you missed the first time.

amb6883
06-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Summit went OOS of stock a month ago. I also do not see how with lithographs and giclees you need to hold back inventory. Just print another.

(I'm just bitter I was not able to get the Sam Wolfe Connelly giclee for $20. My order from that sale still hasn't shipped... got any coupons? You can add it to the tube.)

blingaling
06-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I feel like I need to chime in in Treehouse's defense here, I've ordered 8 lithos which all came in perfect condition. I understand that those who have had problems tend to be the most vocal of minorities, but I personally feel confident enough to order stuff I think I would like without fear of quality issues.
I just ordered the 2 Mass Effect screenprints. After reading this thread I kept a close eye out because I realized there would likely be a few extra copies on sale sometime after they (quickly) sold out.

Ryan, that's 2 out of the "triptych". Any word on the 3rd?

rasmusvn
06-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I feel like I need to chime in in Treehouse's defense here, I've ordered 8 lithos which all came in perfect condition. I understand that those who have had problems tend to be the most vocal of minorities, but I personally feel confident enough to order stuff I think I would like without fear of quality issues.
I just ordered the 2 Mass Effect screenprints. After reading this thread I kept a close eye out because I realized there would likely be a few extra copies on sale sometime after they (quickly) sold out.

Ryan, that's 2 out of the "triptych". Any word on the 3rd?

How long have you been buying from them?