PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a CE?

03-31-2010, 11:06 PM
My personal favorite is the soundtrack. If a CE does not include the soundtrack, I almost immediately lose interest.

Sadly, most companies do NOT include cutscenes on DVDs (instead they have making-of documentaries). In fact, the ONLY company that I know of that has actually released cinematics on DVD is Blizzard. So, soundtrack + cutscenes = will purchase! Of tertiary importance is the art book. However, I don't like tiny little art books, I like large, hardcover... guess I'm picky, but hey these are collector's editions!

cheers,

twistedsymphony
04-04-2010, 12:37 PM
the packaging... honestly I'm happy with a CE if it just comes in a nice box. since 99% of the time it's just sitting on a shelf being admired.

2nd would probably be the soundtrack, but it depends on the game and if it has a soundtrack that's worth listening to outside of the game.

scourdx
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I would say content & price. Generally if the content is less than the asking price, I wouldn't go for it.

Suits
05-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Good thread.

I like the case's, like TwistedSymphony, but also the artbook is big pull for me. Some of them are great qaulity.

I do like teh odd, figure though, like teh Fallout Bobblehead, or the Big Daddy.

A bad version for me is just a cardboard sleve and some ridiculous 'in game' hat.

brod
07-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Steelbook case for me. No steelbook = no thanks!