PDA

View Full Version : The one that got away =(

Clusks
03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
So, what is the item you wish you had bid more for, or something you've had a chance to get but never managed to secure? So basically your biggest regret from collecting.

I've just been wanting a Ryo on his Forklift from Shenmue (Sonic and Sega racing item) that went for ?45 on Ebay and I kind of regret not going in for it, as the seller said only 1000 were made! I'm a massive Shenmue fan, so doubt I'll see another one =(.

Ayiu
03-31-2013, 12:50 AM
My biggest regret, I'm still not over it. Someone overbid me in the last second :(

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Rise-Of-The-Argonauts-Limited-Edition-/221186853010?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=pcr2xkmUu72px962Tq2vCiO8j2I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

twistedsymphony
03-31-2013, 01:38 AM
ugh too many to mention....

My biggest regret is being an idiot and thinking that Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition was overpriced when I had the opportunity to pre-order it new... if I could send a message to my former self I would tell him to buy as many as he could afford :lol:

HIPPEEDUDE
03-31-2013, 02:42 AM
Probably the most regretted Assassins Creed 3 Special charity edition.Thought it was to exspensive at the time & now i kick myself. There have been a few others but,that one sticks in my mind. Especially knowing that one or two that were bought have since been split up & the contents sold off to the highest bidder,thats just wrong in so many ways:(

SwiftDeath
03-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Probably the most regretted Assassins Creed 3 Special charity edition.Thought it was to exspensive at the time & now i kick myself. There have been a few others but,that one sticks in my mind. Especially knowing that one or two that were bought have since been split up & the contents sold off to the highest bidder,thats just wrong in so many ways:(

How do you know they were split up?

Have you seen just the chest up for auction?

Dreamcazman
03-31-2013, 02:51 AM
There's been a few items I've missed out on, but nothing I haven't come across again at a later date.

If it's something I have to have, I just bid high and hope it doesn't go that high. :lol:

HIPPEEDUDE
03-31-2013, 03:18 AM
How do you know they were split up?

Have you seen just the chest up for auction?

So far,they have just sold the contents of the chest. As yet the chests themselves have not come up for sale. How do i know some have been split up,well I am not entirely at liberty to divulge as to how exactly i know or manage to find out these things as it may lead to me missing out on at least getting the chest:)

kittychloe
03-31-2013, 03:23 AM
i think i have said this before.. but everything under the sun that i cant buy

SwiftDeath
03-31-2013, 03:32 AM
So far,they have just sold the contents of the chest. As yet the chests themselves have not come up for sale. How do i know some have been split up,well I am not entirely at liberty to divulge as to how exactly i know or manage to find out these things as it may lead to me missing out on at least getting the chest:)

Considering the chest was the only unique item in the edition that's the only thing that really matters

The bag can be found elsewhere just not easily

HIPPEEDUDE
03-31-2013, 05:06 AM
Considering the chest was the only unique item in the edition that's the only thing that really matters

The bag can be found elsewhere just not easily

Its mainly the smaller items that will be the problem. The AC 3 notebook,the bracelet,undamaged pewter figures etc. Larger items,not an issue at all

Dr_Jengo
03-31-2013, 07:38 AM
There are a few but most of them I still have some hope of getting them but this one will be my greatest regret and I believe for a long time..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404666_397315667005136_2103109921_n.jpg

Reptile Statue from PopCultureShock, only 149 made.
You could only order it by being the first 149 to email the company.. At that time I was undecided if I wanted to collect that line of statues but Reptile was Reptile.. Should have gotten it no matter what.. :(

flatout
03-31-2013, 07:39 AM
I let a KOA statue get away for about half the price I paid later. But the one I got later has a cool history behind it (was part to the auction of the studio).

That is why I refuse to participate in most auctions now, if I want something I ask to buy it outright.

Xmo
03-31-2013, 10:54 AM
Assassins Creed 2 Spanish Steelbook for like $256 :(

Matt16
03-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Absolutely loads of things!!! But top of the list is the fallout 3 purified water promo item, I've seen them sell for hundreds but there was one on ebay late last year that sold for a little over a tenner but I missed the end of the auction by 3 mins because of work :(

alien
03-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Hm..Some time ago there in Poland we had huge sales, such as AC:B Auditore Edition for PC for around 20$ shipped..I didn't get it as I was like "meh, it can go lower" now I can't even find USED version for that price for PC =(. Second one was ACII White Edition for 30$ for X360...Damn it!

LowlyAssassin
03-31-2013, 01:18 PM
Ac1 supplier's shirt
Recently
From e3 2007
Only handed out to game's retail folk who participated INA. Pre press day event
So not even a press shirt
Only seen one
Damn feel like an idiot
And I don't even know where it has gone too :(

vhal_x
03-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Too many things. I avoid ebay now :haha: xx

Cosmic_Link
03-31-2013, 02:42 PM
I always regret not getting a Tales of Vesperia Special Edition when they came out. I remember them being on ebay for $50 + shipping way back when and because I couldn't play it on my console as it's region locked, decided to wait and see if we got the steelbook in the UK.

Regret that to this day.

I will pick one up one day. :rant: