PDA

View Full Version : Press Kit Codes?

Tofudude
04-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi. I'm relatively new to the collecting community and I'm just now starting to look around for press kits. I was wondering, if the kit comes with a code to download the game/DLC/etc, does that code work with retail systems? Thanks

NaughtyDogJames
04-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi. I'm relatively new to the collecting community and I'm just now starting to look around for press kits. I was wondering, if the kit comes with a code to download the game/DLC/etc, does that code work with retail systems? Thanks

99% of the time yes. The LBP/Karting code was like this for example.

LowlyAssassin
04-06-2013, 10:26 AM
If a press kit comes with a code
A lot of them(the majority) do not
The code WILL work with a retail console
As the press ONLY have retail consoles

NaughtyDogJames
04-06-2013, 11:00 AM
If a press kit comes with a code
A lot of them(the majority) do not
The code WILL work with a retail console
As the press ONLY have retail consoles

The press get debug consoles, like killzone 2 had debug code, Lbp Karting etc.

Tofudude
04-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Are the press kit codes locked to certain regions (I am thinking of getting the UK Little Big Planet PS Vita kit...will it work on my US PSN Account/PS Vita)?

NaughtyDogJames
04-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Are the press kit codes locked to certain regions (I am thinking of getting the UK Little Big Planet PS Vita kit...will it work on my US PSN Account/PS Vita)?

Nope. Not unless you have a UK account on the vita(any region).

flatout
05-27-2013, 10:07 PM
And if you make a UK Vita account you will either need a second memory card and need to reset your enitre Vita or wipe the current card when you reset and unlock your Vita.

Changing Regions really is such a pain with the Vita it is not worth it... everything on the Vits is tied to your account not to mention Region.

Ps3 is much simpler... I can buy a PS3 Promo Disc for my colllection and still play it on my US account.

Further more I have a UK account that I use to buy DLC for the EU Promos and after I buy and download the DLC I can use the DLC on my US account... but on Vita this is impossible.