PDA

View Full Version : Price stickers on CE's

SP00F3R
04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I've only recently started collecting games and have managed to get some bits in the sales but there covered in 'sale' stickers and price reduction stickers.

Is it better to remove these or keep them on in terms of collectability and resale?

Many thanks,

SP00F3R

SwiftDeath
04-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I've only recently started collecting games and have managed to get some bits in the sales but there covered in 'sale' stickers and price reduction stickers.

Is it better to remove these or keep them on in terms of collectability and resale?

Many thanks,

SP00F3R

Depends on how well they can be removed.

If you can remove them without damaging anything, that's certainly better but very rare for that to be the case

HIPPEEDUDE
04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Personally i hate the fact theres a damn sticker on whatever. Its usually stuck in a horrible place that blocks some of the nice artwork on the front. I just bought a Halo 4 CE guide book,still sealed with a price sticker on it. Not a problem,remove the sticker,easy enough...not. For some stupid reason they put the price sticker on the guide then covered the whole bloody thing in sticky tape,so i had to carefully remove all the sticky tape before i even could remove the price tag. Then i find it was a foil backed price tag,so theres still a small amount of silver residue i can never remove,pain in bum. I also have a AC Brotherhood CE tin still sealed with a price tag stuck on it that can never be removed,why you ask. The idiots priced the damn thing on the tin then re-sealed it in plastic wrap again so the only way to remove it is to remove the plastic wrap from the whole tin. Its not a small price tag either,it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Value wise,i dont think it makes a difference if the price tag is still on it,so remove carefully if you can is my motto.

goonergaz
04-16-2013, 07:24 PM
To help get stickers off you can gently heat them first, I have had to resort to sticky stuff remover (orange smelling spray) to remove stubborn bits (applied to cotton bud then cleaned with alcohol based cleaner after)

Can't live with price stickers! :hammer:

HIPPEEDUDE
04-16-2013, 07:54 PM
To help get stickers off you can gently heat them first, I have had to resort to sticky stuff remover (orange smelling spray) to remove stubborn bits (applied to cotton bud then cleaned with alcohol based cleaner after)

Gently heat them?? :wtf:,Ummm...wouldnt that melt the flimsy plastic wrap on some things,lol:hammer:. Bottle of isopropyl alcohol does work for some though as you say:)

goonergaz
04-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Lol, I meant gently with a hair dryer so you have complete control of the heat applied...heat loosens the glue and makes stickers much easier to remove :thumb:

SP00F3R
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Personally i hate the fact theres a damn sticker on whatever. Its usually stuck in a horrible place that blocks some of the nice artwork on the front. I just bought a Halo 4 CE guide book,still sealed with a price sticker on it. Not a problem,remove the sticker,easy enough...not. For some stupid reason they put the price sticker on the guide then covered the whole bloody thing in sticky tape,so i had to carefully remove all the sticky tape before i even could remove the price tag. Then i find it was a foil backed price tag,so theres still a small amount of silver residue i can never remove,pain in bum. I also have a AC Brotherhood CE tin still sealed with a price tag stuck on it that can never be removed,why you ask. The idiots priced the damn thing on the tin then re-sealed it in plastic wrap again so the only way to remove it is to remove the plastic wrap from the whole tin. Its not a small price tag either,it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Value wise,i dont think it makes a difference if the price tag is still on it,so remove carefully if you can is my motto.

Tell me about it, I can't stand them either. I've got two Max Pane 3 Special Editions, both plastered with price and sale stickers, plus one of them has had the top taped down with security tape which I'll never be able to remove without damaging the box which really annoys me.

I'm going to head to the shops and grab myself a can of that first thing tomorrow morning and see what I can do. Thanks for the heads up.

canuckcollector
04-23-2013, 10:21 PM
I always use lighter refill fluid on a cotton and works like a charm.

Dreamcazman
04-24-2013, 07:39 AM
That orange oil goo remover works a treat, just be careful when using it on light coloured cardboard because it can soak in an cause a faint stain.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyPVaAxFMU67JbSe0OCtzZOjHj-O82_RdWGTE4uwIk5YL226BF

Another thing you can do is use the same price sticker once removed to clean up any sticky residue which may remain by dabbing the area. It's a bit hard to explain, it's like touching the sticky areas with the same sticker breifly and then pull it off again, most of the time that's enough to remove what remains.

Of course the sooner you get the stickers off the better, before the glue goes hard and makes it near impossible to remove.