PDA

View Full Version : Collectors crossroads

imironmann
06-13-2013, 07:25 AM
As a collector I've found myself at a crossroad. If you know me or have seen my intro thread then you know while I collect a bit of everything I primarily stick to Xbox 360. Well I'm so disappointed with Microsoft right now I'm almost embarrassed to say I've ever had anything to do with them, and I've a whole collection full of their stuff. I've loved my gaming on the Xbox and the 360. Had great times on both. Now there's this new box. I thought they were making us a Xbox 720. Instead we're getting an Xbox...one? What happened?

I've already pre ordered 3 PS4s for the house and will pick up a fouth one later when I start having to travel all the time again. Biggest reasons im not getting the xbone is airlines have very low weight limits on luggage and that useless sensor bar that must be plugged up to play looks to be too large and heavy to be carrying on planes with me. That and internet at most hotels is very difficult to get a console hooked up to.

It has been my goal to have every CE for the 360. NTSC. I'm not going to quit collecting but I'm sure I'll move on to PS4 CE's and knowing my addictive personality I'll want all of it's CEs. I'd really like to complete my 360 collection but have no desire to support Microsoft anymore.

Wondering if any other xbox collectors that are going to make the switch to the actual gaming consle being released this year are going to continue collecting xbox. I want to, but...just fuck.

gu8
06-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Well I've never been a big ass ce collector as such, though my sales thread might say different lol. Massive Xbox and 360 fan, im also switching sides to the dark side. They only have themselves to blame for this turkey.

Letrico
06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Come... to the dark side...

imironmann
06-13-2013, 08:44 AM
It sounds like lots of us are.

Hope it doesn't disappoint!

Letrico
06-13-2013, 08:59 AM
We should make a thread with polls for those who are jumping boat next generation

Thetof91
06-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Ye same here :)
What Microsoft show with all these kind of restriction is not something Im a fan off.. I want to be able to lent my games to my friend if I want too, and as many times I want too..
And speciel when it seems like xbone game price will be same as ps4 is just a joke, when they are going for the same as CD-keys on computer, there I can accept it because they are not so expensive games compare to consoles..
But I dont think I will buy any of the console on release date, dont have money for that, so I will wait it out and see what is really best when it gets out to people and not just what both company tell about their product :p

So Im going to the Dark side too I think :p

Matt16
06-13-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm still going to collect all the 360 stuff I want, as in the end if I don't, I'm the one missing out. I'll just be sure to cross the street when I see that rabid piece of shit coming the other way.

Well I've never been a big ass ce collector as such, though my sales thread might say different lol. Massive Xbox and 360 fan, im also switching sides to the dark side. They only have themselves to blame for this turkey.

Now, now, lets get it correct, you're not switching to the dark side, you're switching from it ;)

KnightOfTruth
06-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I'm with you - didn't think I'd ever do it, but MS hasn't given me any reason NOT to. Still so tempted just to pre-order one just IN CASE they change their minds, but then I'm only giving them a reason not to - so I'll also be getting the PS4 I think... While I was upset that neither system was backwards compatible, I'm really glad the PS4 isn't now, cuz then I'd be "forced" to go back and collect all the PS3 CEs too ;)

Cosmic_Link
06-13-2013, 05:29 PM
During this current Gen, I originally wanted a PS3 and instead picked up an Xbox because it was more accessible to me and then got a PS3 at a later date. So i was never really a true MS Fan anyway. This time, I want the PS4 and if I can't have that, I'll get nothing it seems. Still disappointed on the lack of backwards compat on the 2 platforms. This whole DRM crap is exactly that though, crap. Who ever decided that was a good idea, wants stringing up and making an example of... -_- Same thing for the "always live" bullshit with the box. Do ME not realise that there are still households out there that don have Internet access? I know a few people who don't, if I'm honest. :P

Utter rubbish if you ask me. Ill definitely be jumping back onto the Sony boat! Lol

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 07:02 PM
well i am still toying with the idea of getting rid of me xbox for ps3, i will keep all me collector doobys just ridding me self of the games

nipperkipper
06-13-2013, 07:35 PM
I used to be a hardcore 360 only collector. Now i cant control myself and buy across all platforms:shrug:

But i doubt you are the only one in this predicament. MS have totalled messed up this round

Platfus
06-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Well I was now only for PC. Even I have some AC ps3/xbox360 editions, I was trying to get PC. I will be probably moving into PS, since I have a big crush on God of War stuff and I have PSP as well. I wont buy PS4 immediately, I will wait a little bit but I will buy a PS3 for sure now and xbox360 after price drop to enjoy some exlusives, even it doesnt have many.

Sent from my P350 Cyanogenmod 7 using Tapatalk

comaamen86
06-13-2013, 08:10 PM
ill be honest as tempted as i am i will keep me xbox till november then it is getting boxed up in storage

HIPPEEDUDE
06-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Like you i have stayed loyal to the Xbox from the original to the Xbox 360 but theres no way i will be getting the xbomb as this point in time. This "new" console they have come up with is only good as a boat anchor. I am so very tempted to go into EB games,buy one then stand outside EB games smashing the shite out of it in protest. Unless MS realises what an utter balls up they have made & that they have just officially lost the console war to sony i will never touch the thing. I wont be getting any next gen console at all until theres no further choice & only then i hope things have changed for the better with the xbomb. So for now i will continue on collecting the Xbox 360 CE that take my fancy,it would be simply to much hassle to sell everything then replace with another platform. My advice to you is simply this,why bother getting any next gen console at all?? Is there really any need for it at this point in time?? If not,why not just wait,wait untill the dust has settled & there is no further games made for the Xbox 360 then make a choice. Decide then whats best for you & whats the best available.

CheapAssassin
06-17-2013, 03:42 AM
Hippee y waste your money to buy xbone and smash it?

You can always burn down MS branch office in Australia :D

Sand4fish
06-17-2013, 04:54 AM
First I'm not a Sony fanboy as I truly appreciate Halo, Gears of War and tons of Shmups only available to the Xbox. But I will never support the console simply because Microsoft heard about the complaints mentioned and said that Gamers Without Internet Can Stick With Xbox 360.
Here is the short part: "We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360."

Such a smartass. Go f*** themselves. I swear I'll never buy any Xbox related stuff during the course of my life.

Here is an ign link for those who wanna know more about the story: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft

Twisted
06-17-2013, 05:36 AM
imagine if your internet provider went down for awhile due to inclement weather, or downed lines, or hacking or repair/replacement etc...your xbox one would be utterly useless to entertain yourself with games...while on PS4...you will just game away ;)

LyricalOne
06-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Not to sound like a troll or anything (my apologies ahead of time) but what do you guys plan on doing now that it looks like MS is "caring" about the gamers once more? (well more like money, but you get the point)

I'm still in my NO NEXT GEN mode until black friday 2014 :D
My backlog is so long that no even google chromes "delete history until the beginning of time" can actually find an end to it.

HIPPEEDUDE
06-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Not to sound like a troll or anything (my apologies ahead of time) but what do you guys plan on doing now that it looks like MS is "caring" about the gamers once more? (well more like money, but you get the point)

I'm still in my NO NEXT GEN mode until black friday 2014 :D
My backlog is so long that no even google chromes "delete history until the beginning of time" can actually find an end to it.

Still staying this gen. Maybe when Thief is released will consider next gen if cheap enough & the new policies stick

Letrico
06-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Getting PS4 day one. Importing one from the states for 100 dollar cheaper and I doubt australian price will drop to that price for a year to come. :)

MadMan5
06-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Getting PS4 day one. Importing one from the states for 100 dollar cheaper and I doubt australian price will drop to that price for a year to come. :)
Doing the same with the PS4 hope $AUD don't drop to much by launch day. Where you getting it from me Amazon postage is sweet too, JB are selling for $1 less price drop. (funny)

joynulk
06-20-2013, 01:25 PM
they have changed that now, xbox one can play second hand games and no need for online login anymore.