PDA

View Full Version : Amazon.ca packaging

Letrico
07-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Hey guys,

I usually use Amazon.com for international stuff from the states and their packaging is good so far.

I was wondering if how good is amazon.ca's packaging for international stuff.

Does anyone have experience to share? :notworthy:

Lemur
07-17-2013, 08:37 AM
The only thing I remember with them was me selecting the cheapest shipping that said delivery in 1-2 months and they used UPS which reached me in a few days :thumb:

Dreamcazman
07-17-2013, 08:44 AM
I've never gotten anything from Amazon.ca, but AFAIK all the Amazon stores use similar boxes/packaging, at least that's what I've experienced with the US & UK stores.

Letrico
07-17-2013, 09:11 AM
I had packages from Amazon.de and it was terrible =/ I'm just cautious lol.

nipperkipper
07-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Well nearly every package i have had fron amazon.ca has arrived damaged. Steels, creed encyclopedias etc. 5 orders , 4 damaged.

However i have not ordered from there for 9 months now so they could have improved. The way they packaged steels was definitely the worst out of all Amazon sites

canuckcollector
07-17-2013, 08:27 PM
It really depends on what you order.

vhal_x
07-17-2013, 09:17 PM
I've had two things from Amazon.ca that I can remember, the first being the Assassin's Creed White Encyclopaedia, it arrived pretty much unscathed. The second was a copy of The Dark Knight Rises with a small figure of Bane, it was packed in just a bubble mailer, but surprisingly it survived.

Both times I've chosen the cheapest shipping method, and both times my item has arrived in less than a week (despite the massive estimated arrival time scale), so I think that helped them arrive undamaged xx

geralds
07-17-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't its what amazon site you order from but who you order from. Some people care others don't.

SwiftDeath
07-17-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't its what amazon site you order from but who you order from. Some people care others don't.

That's true if you're buying from the amazon marketplace but not if you're buying direct from amazon

the different amazons do have different packaging quality levels when you buy direct from them

Letrico
07-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Seems like a lot of positive and negs and totally up to luck lol. I had terrible experience with marketplace so I'm not gonna buy from marketplace anymore

SwiftDeath
07-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Seems like a lot of positive and negs and totally up to luck lol. I had terrible experience with marketplace so I'm not gonna buy from marketplace anymore

Marketplace is as geralds describes

A grab bag

Basically just like ebay but with less friendly communication

Dreamcazman
07-18-2013, 07:13 AM
I've bought a couple of Virtual On Kotobukiya kits off the Amazon marketplace (from different sellers) and they both arrived in perfect condition, probably had better packaging than if I bought from Amazon direct.

Like ebay, I always check the sellers feedback beforehand.

aselwyn1
07-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Amazon.ca and.com have the exact same shipping Guidelines from my experience. I ordered 2 of the same items from amazon USA and Canada and every thing was the same down to the location of the label