PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Items Do's & Don'ts

Texas Fire
08-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Hello! I was just wondering, what would be better in reference to shipping items. Would it be better to ship items in separate boxes, or to ship numerous items in one huge box? The reason I'm asking, I just recently shipped a member a Metal Gear Legacy game overseas (Texas to the U.K.) and I literally paid $50 to ship it. Is shipping normally that expensive for regular snail mail delivery overseas? Would there have been better ways to ship it?
Also for multiple items, what would work? Example:
Dead Island Riptide Rigor Mortis
Dead Island Riptide: Zombie Bait
GTA IV CE (X360)
GTA IV CE (PS3)
Saints Row IV: Zinyak Game of the Generation Edition
Saints Row IV: Zinyak Game of the Generation Edition
Wii-U System
Like if I sent allllll of the above items to one single person, would it be best to ship all of these in single boxes or if possible the least amount of boxes (Safely packaged of course)?
Thanks!

TF

ingmar1988
08-11-2013, 11:01 PM
The best things is, to pack them all seperate in bubblewrap. Than put them in a small box.
Than take all those small boxes, and put them in a huge box.

This will save bigtime on shipping cost, since seperate packages will be way more expensive. (this also depends greatly on your postal company, here we have flat rates for up to 2 kg, between 2 and 5 and between 5 and 10. No size restrictions besides when one side is longer than 1 meter (3feet). So thats really easy imho.

Texas Fire
08-12-2013, 01:43 AM
The best things is, to pack them all seperate in bubblewrap. Than put them in a small box.
Than take all those small boxes, and put them in a huge box.

This will save bigtime on shipping cost, since seperate packages will be way more expensive. (this also depends greatly on your postal company, here we have flat rates for up to 2 kg, between 2 and 5 and between 5 and 10. No size restrictions besides when one side is longer than 1 meter (3feet). So thats really easy imho.Ah ok, I appreciate it...

TF

Dreamcazman
08-12-2013, 09:02 AM
Postage is a bit of a rort here in Australia, not only is weight taken into account, but also size (cubic weight), whichever is greater. :banghead:

As far as I'm concerned, the postage cost should be calculated only on the weight, that's how the couriers operate.