PDA

View Full Version : Need help identify some pokemon cards

Thetof91
08-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Hello

I was home at my mom some weeks ago and found my old pokemon cards! :D

Now I sorted them out and all and add to a datebase so I can see what I got and what Im missing..

But there was some card I can't find any information on..

It is 3 cards, the wierd is the Pokemon that is on it is the wrong compared to the information there is on the card and all..

Like Mankey, Xmo found out it was the card of Pinsir.. And then the Ninetales is on the card of a slowpoke and the Slowpoke is on the card of a Shellder...

I cant really remember where I got it from, but as I remember I got them in a normal package and did wonder why slowpoke was a water and the other too.. But I was a kid and did not understand english yet there, so could not read and see the information on it was wrong..
I can't find any information on misprint like this.. But I can't understand if it should be some kind of fake, because the background is filled out, and not like they got out the other pokemon and then insert this.. And why would any make fake cards like that? And the quailty of the card is like normal pokemon cards..

Can any one help with some information on these?
I have tried to write to Wizards of the Coast about it and see if I get any information back from there..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2191480/Pokemon/All%20of%20them.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2191480/Pokemon/Mankey.jpg
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2191480/Pokemon/Ninetales.jpg
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2191480/Pokemon/Slowpoke.jpg

vhal_x
08-12-2013, 02:49 PM
I think misprinted Pokemon cards are pretty common, I remember getting a few weird ones back in the day. I should probably look through them all again and see if any stand out :P xx

Thetof91
08-12-2013, 02:55 PM
But this is like a huge misprint :p
And cant find any information on it xD

vhal_x
08-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Just looked through what Pokemon cards I have left but I didn't have any of the misprints I had from years ago.

What I did notice however was, your cards have a small image of a pokemon in the bottom right corner, which none of mine have. Could they possibly be fake? xx

Thetof91
08-12-2013, 04:34 PM
I really have no idea.. I cant remember any way I should have got some fakes..
But on the cards that the background and text is from there is a image of the gym leader instead..

But I can't see why any should make fakes like this, and not like that was like everyone just knew to do something in photoshop back from 13 years ago, just to make so the background of the pokemon just fit in and alll.. And also have looked at some guide how to know if your card is fake.. And not really something of that they says that fit to this one..

But what I found out with misprint was more like that it was a error in the text or something like that.. So this is just wierd..

Im waiting to see if I get a response from Wizards :p

Btw if you have doubles of your pokemon card and I dont have them I would be happy to get em :D
But it is only 1st generation pokemon Im interest in from Base set, jungle, fossil, base set 2, team rocket :)

vhal_x
08-12-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't really have any doubles, I have a complete 1st gen set (well, one of each card other than Tangela, seem to have lost him), with most final evolutions being a Shiny :) xx

Platfus
08-12-2013, 04:58 PM
I thought they might be fake, but I didn't want to say it :D
Actually, I know fake pokemon cards because they we're really common on my elementary school.
But they might not be fake. Maybe an older version from some other country :D

kittychloe
08-13-2013, 06:34 PM
apparently some fake ones are semi transparent when held up to a lightbulb if that helps

geralds
08-16-2013, 12:51 AM
I used to see crap like this all the time. Most of the time people would think they got a misprint when in fact they were just fake cards. So when it comes to a misprinted card then you have to figure out if its truely misprint or some fake card. Iv seen people going into some great detail to prove is a card is fake or real such a weight of there cards and other stuff.

Letrico
08-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Actually it is quite easy to check fake cards. Look at the bottom right of the card and read the printings with the rarity icon. If it is clear then it is real if it is blurry then it is fake. Also check the colour of he back and see if it is matching with other cards.

I used to be some extreme player with Gym Badges :P I always sit down with a group to identify fake cards.

Thetof91
08-16-2013, 07:00 AM
I have found that these are faked :)
Asked some "expert" that buy and sell cards :p

The rarity icon is fine, it is like normal.. But like you say with the back of the card, it is not so good colour there :)