PDA

View Full Version : Ever had to part with something? what was the most painful?

thinkforgetfull
09-21-2013, 11:37 PM
I had to part with over 50 of my steelbooks last week - It hurt my soul to see ones i had spent literally days trying to deal for, just going.

I've started going through stores like CEX and game for (cheaper) steelbooks, and thankfully my local put all steelbooks aside for me, but owie.

SwiftDeath
09-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Sorry to hear that

Why'd you have to part with them?

Xmo
09-22-2013, 04:44 AM
assassins creed figures... especially the ezio black edition, was tearing up sending it away on the post office :(
Im still in the process of letting go my video game steelbooks, its been 6 months. Im still collecting nicknacks and spending like 20 bucks a month on small collectibles... sometimes $0 if nothing is interesting

MortalMonday
09-22-2013, 05:50 AM
I recently sold my Sagat PCS EX statue. It was amazing, and I had just gotten it; but I don't really collect Street Fighter statues, and the money was too good to pass up. I would've preferred to keep it, but I really did need the money. Oh well. I sold it for like $1,600 I believe.

I sold My Reptile PCS EX statue too. Didn't want to do that, but I needed the money.

Gazereths
09-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I had to sell some of my MGS press/promo items recently. The hardest was the MGS4 press kit and the document of MGS2 promo.......Needed the cash tho :(

ingmar1988
09-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Hardest was probably the dishonored and bioshock press kit! But i got some nice items in return, wish i was rich though so i could have had both.

thinkforgetfull
09-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear that

Why'd you have to part with them?

I made a silly, silly, mistake that cost me an awful lot of money.

vhal_x
09-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I've not parted with anything yet, other than one steelbook, a sealed Play.com exclusive Kick-Ass steelbook, which had a faulty J-Card (it had Incredible Hulk's instead of Kick-Ass's J-Card), which I traded for a Play.com exclusive Iron Man steelbook, Play.com exclusive Iron Man 2 steelbook and SDCC exclusive Sucker Punch steelbook (all sealed) xx