PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls II

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Codreanu
04-02-2014, 08:39 PM
You could be right. Guess it then will be more like the first run of the Prepare to Die Edition (http://www.bluplay.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-1024x602.jpg).

So no slipcase box. :(

Zaku77
04-08-2014, 09:57 PM
I figured this would be the best place to plop this. I really don't have very much nice to say about it, which is a shame as it's my favorite IP from the 7th gen. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

lwCvdgutW-o

Dreamcazman
04-08-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm roughly half way through the game and as some things don't seem to bother me as much, and as much as I love DS2, I realised myself that DS1 was and still is the better game.

What this guy has said is true and makes sense, most of while I kinda forgot about because I haven't played DS1 in a while.

LyricalOne
04-09-2014, 04:58 AM
I'm roughly half way through the game and as some things don't seem to bother me as much, and as much as I love DS2, I realised myself that DS1 was and still is the better game.

What this guy has said is true and makes sense, most of while I kinda forgot about because I haven't played DS1 in a while.

I completely agree with your thoughts! (and Zaku's of course)

I feel ever since Demon Souls, they have just kept taking steps backwards; trying to appeal to the masses.

Zaku77
04-09-2014, 05:01 AM
I completely agree with your thoughts! (and Zaku's of course)

I feel ever since Demon Souls, they have just kept taking steps backwards; trying to appeal to the masses.

I actually preferred Dark Souls to Demon's. The character had more heft in Dark Souls. When you wore armor, you really 'felt' the armor, and I really dig that. It was also extremely well designed and dripping with atmosphere. Honestly, though, the main reason I prefer it to Demon's Souls is that the world is interconnected. I find that far more immersive than a hub world with 'levels'.

That's a small thing in the scheme of things, though, and they're both super high quality games!

LyricalOne
04-09-2014, 05:11 AM
I actually preferred Dark Souls to Demon's. The character had more heft in Dark Souls. When you wore armor, you really 'felt' the armor, and I really dig that. It was also extremely well designed and dripping with atmosphere. Honestly, though, the main reason I prefer it to Demon's Souls is that the world is interconnected. I find that far more immersive than a hub world with 'levels'.

That's a small thing in the scheme of things, though, and they're both super high quality games!

I can't argue with that. The fact that it was now 1 world instead of the hub did help make the game's story have more depth. I just felt the gameplay has degrated ever so slowly. I know it was said to be ruthless and hard, but that was a huge appeal to me. The barely no tutorial was actually kind of cool. Learn as you go sort of game.

But yes, Dark Souls improved on Demon, although I probably just prefer Demon because I played it first and I found it a bit more challenging overall.

Zaku77
04-09-2014, 05:13 AM
I can't argue with that. The fact that it was now 1 world instead of the hub did help make the game's story have more depth. I just felt the gameplay has degrated ever so slowly. I know it was said to be ruthless and hard, but that was a huge appeal to me. The barely no tutorial was actually kind of cool. Learn as you go sort of game.

But yes, Dark Souls improved on Demon, although I probably just prefer Demon because I played it first and I found it a bit more challenging overall.

Go play Demon's Souls again; I'd be willing to bet you find it easier now. The one thing that can make Demon's Souls SUPER hard--like way beyond Dark Souls--is not understanding the World Tendency system and getting your worlds down near pure black. Having all the enemies and NPCs be black phantom versions is just not nice. I remember purposely getting certain worlds down to that to get certain items for the platinum, and it was just ridiculous. I can't image trying to play the game that way lol. :notworthy:

underfox
04-09-2014, 05:23 AM
THere are 2 things I hate in Demons souls.

1º Maneater , the boss isn't a pain in the ass because it is hard, it is hard because you have the first maneater that once he pounce off the bridge ( 90% of the time) he flying around for 1 minute rarely coming down at all and if he does, it is to walk out of the bridge and fly some more, then the second maneater comes and you have run around the middle flame thing with 2 maneaters almost full hp.:ghey:

2º valley of defilement ( worst level design of any souls game ) almost every 4 or 5 meter you have the camera beeing pushed by something ( moving your character in a diferente direction instantly ) or when fighting, it places it self behind wood planks or any kind of environmental mesh and therefor you can't see S*** I swear I got traumatized by this world, when I got to blightown in dark souls, I thought it was going to be valley of defilement all over again ( good god it wasn't )

And those 2 things are the reason I kinda prefer Dark Souls

DESOUL
04-09-2014, 08:42 AM
i agree with the video (atleast the first few minutes, cant watch it for too long XD)

Zaku77
04-09-2014, 08:43 AM
i agree with the video (atleast the first few minutes, cant watch it for too long XD)

Yeah, my discussions tend to be very lengthy... lol

Dan
04-10-2014, 02:20 AM
Yeah, my discussions tend to be very lengthy... lol

as for frame rate and textures PC for the win

t2xPah553Ew

Zaku77
04-10-2014, 02:22 AM
as for frame rate and textures PC for the win

t2xPah553Ew

That's for sure. Although I was hoping for a little bit more--which is maybe unreasonable. It's totally possible that within 6 months of that game being out on PC, modders will have it looking amazing. lol :drool:

Dan
04-10-2014, 02:27 AM
That's for sure. Although I was hoping for a little bit more--which is maybe unreasonable. It's totally possible that within 6 months of that game being out on PC, modders will have it looking amazing. lol :drool:

True, still just because it runs smoother and looks prettier doesn't justify how the game wants to fuck you. You brought amazing key points to how the game fails in so many ways.. I'm just happy to see it run smoother on PC.

Zaku77
04-10-2014, 02:29 AM
True, still just because it runs smoother and looks prettier doesn't justify how the game wants to fuck you. You brought amazing key points to how the game fails in so many ways.. I'm just happy to see it run smoother on PC.

I'm glad you agree, though I wish there was just nothing but good things to talk about :/ lol. It will be nice for it to not run and look like ass, though. I want to replay it for the plat, but I don't really ever want to touch the console version again, so I'm at a bit of a loss there.

Dan
04-10-2014, 02:32 AM
I'm glad you agree, though I wish there was just nothing but good things to talk about :/ lol. It will be nice for it to not run and look like ass, though. I want to replay it for the plat, but I don't really ever want to touch the console version again, so I'm at a bit of a loss there.

Couldn't agree more.

GameTrigger
01-09-2015, 01:55 PM
If somebody still looking Dark Souls II Looking Glass Knight Statue and can pick it up from my hometown - PM to me and I can share shop contacts where you can buy it for 199eur ;)
Sorry, I can't help to export that - to heavy and fragile statue :(

Rowan
01-09-2015, 07:11 PM
If somebody still looking Dark Souls II Looking Glass Knight Statue and can pick it up from my hometown - PM to me and I can share shop contacts where you can buy it for 199eur ;)
Sorry, I can't help to export that - to heavy and fragile statue :(

Full pm box..... goes to get still looking glass?

Odesláno z mého LG-D855 pomocí Tapatalk

GameTrigger
01-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Full pm box..... goes to get still looking glass?

Odesláno z mého LG-D855 pomocí Tapatalk

My PM box isn't full...

headhot
01-09-2015, 07:38 PM
rowan is very interested about Glass Knight Statue edition, but there will be problem with your p.m.box or bug pm message.

I know Rowan form czech console forum and he is very fanatic dark souls fan than me. he wants to buy this edition but he doesn´t know trading conditions which you said

GameTrigger
01-09-2015, 08:58 PM
rowan is very interested about Glass Knight Statue edition, but there will be problem with your p.m.box or bug pm message.

I know Rowan form czech console forum and he is very fanatic dark souls fan than me. he wants to buy this edition but he doesn´t know trading conditions which you said
I don't sell that statue I can only give contact of local shop, where you can buy it - shop don't ship outside the country, you must come and pick it up by yourself!