PDA

View Full Version : when will you ever stop collecting?

Dan
11-22-2013, 06:28 PM
I've came across multiple threads of people here that stop collecting overall... whether it might be do to a financial situation, religious believes, outgrew it, or simply just because... So I start to think if I'll ever stop collecting and if so why?

Personally I don't think I would stop... maybe just "Limit" my spending lol
what are you guys thoughts on this? would you stop collecting? and what would make you stop?

SwiftDeath
11-22-2013, 06:30 PM
It will be a Tuesday

Dan
11-22-2013, 06:33 PM
It will be a Tuesday

lies, I don't see you stopping on a day that ends with "y"

comaamen86
11-22-2013, 06:33 PM
twas yesterday

but really nope never, one month i may buy nothing next lots

but i9n essence the way i simply buy and keep certain standard edition games i will always be collecting

SwiftDeath
11-22-2013, 06:36 PM
lies, I don't see you stopping on a day that ends with "y"

:rotf: you know me to well

Like you if anything I'd just limit my collecting

I already have a bit

focusing more on art than steelbooks or CE's *gasp*

Hopefully Mags doesn't see this :sorry:

amb6883
11-22-2013, 06:36 PM
As soon as it goes all digital then I'm selling it all

Dan
11-22-2013, 06:41 PM
twas yesterday

but really nope never, one month i may buy nothing next lots

but i9n essence the way i simply buy and keep certain standard edition games i will always be collecting

same here not ANYTIME soon at least :rotf:

:rotf: you know me to well

Like you if anything I'd just limit my collecting

I already have a bit

focusing more on art than steelbooks or CE's *gasp*

Hopefully Mags doesn't see this :sorry:

lol crazy. I was thinking stoping some of the CE's but never the steelbooks!!! shame on you daniel :nono:

As soon as it goes all digital then I'm selling it all

But isn't it nice to go back to previous items and enjoy them for what it was?

SwiftDeath
11-22-2013, 06:42 PM
lol crazy. I was thinking stoping some of the CE's but never the steelbooks!!! shame on you daniel :nono:

Well I never said I stopped collecting steels :spiteful:

Just not my laser focus at the moment :P

LowlyAssassin
11-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Before my 26th birthday

Dan
11-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Before my 26th birthday

if you were me lowly, I would have stopped may 7 of this year...

amb6883
11-22-2013, 06:56 PM
But isn't it nice to go back to previous items and enjoy them for what it was?

Sure, but without new things to look forward to I imagine I'll lose interest, so I figure I have at least one more console generation for video game collecting...then I am going to switch over to collecting guns

Dan
11-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Sure, but without new things to look forward to I imagine I'll lose interest, so I figure I have at least one more console generation for video game collecting...then I am going to switch over to collecting guns

I can totally see what you mean.. I think I would probably loose interest as well :scratch:

SwiftDeath
11-22-2013, 07:19 PM

Hmm handguns, rifles, shotguns or a mix?

Do you have a favorite type to collect?

I'm particular to handguns probably but don't collect or own any just shoot them sometimes at ranges. Good way to relax

killjoymeg
11-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Americans

I'll stop when the games get dull, but i'll never stop getting bits and bobs

LowlyAssassin
11-22-2013, 07:43 PM
if you were me lowly, I would have stopped may 7 of this year...

Well that would have saved me about 800gbp so not a bad thing

Dan
11-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Well that would have saved me about 800gbp so not a bad thing

well considering I restarted my collection due to certain reasons.... I would say I have spend.. I would say a rough estimate of around 2000 gbp

LowlyAssassin
11-22-2013, 07:51 PM
well considering I restarted my collection due to certain reasons.... I would say I have spend.. I would say a rough estimate of around 2000 gbp

Good job sir
Keep up the good work of helping the economy recover

Dan
11-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Good job sir
Keep up the good work of helping the economy recover

well, I have spend more money on more useless stuff, so I've figured why not? (ie spending 150 USD for taking my dog to obedient classes :rotf: at least the bitch sits on command :beach:)

amb6883
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Hmm handguns, rifles, shotguns or a mix?

Do you have a favorite type to collect?

I'm particular to handguns probably but don't collect or own any just shoot them sometimes at ranges. Good way to relax

Handguns, mostly WWI and WWII. Both my dad and grandpa collect WWII memorabilia (just about everything) and guns in general. They both have ridiculous collections, with single items worth more than everything I collect combined. I only have a few guns right now. Too expensive of hobby for me, sticking with video games and posters for the foreseeable future.

SwiftDeath
11-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Handguns, mostly WWI and WWII. Both my dad and grandpa collect WWII memorabilia (just about everything) and guns in general. They both have ridiculous collections, with single items worth more than everything I collect combined. I only have a few guns right now. Too expensive of hobby for me, sticking with video games and posters for the foreseeable future.

Sounds about right

I look at how much I spent on VG collecting, feel bad, than look at practically any other notable collecting and feel better

VG collecting really isn't that expensive

Dan
11-22-2013, 08:09 PM

thats awesome amb, there's a thrift store by my house where they sell a lot of WWII stuff. They have helmets, medals and other cool stuff like medals (bunch of nazi stuff that i thought was really really cool)

comaamen86
11-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Americans

I'll stop when the games get dull, but i'll never stop getting bits and bobs

you like collecting bobs, what about the daves?

killjoymeg
11-22-2013, 10:04 PM
you like collecting bobs, what about the daves?

I have a couple in used condition, still functioning though

comaamen86
11-22-2013, 10:13 PM
I have a couple in used condition, still functioning though

giggiddy

misterunboxers
02-23-2014, 04:44 PM
I have reduced my collecting quite a bit. I actually am trying really hard not to buy any collector's editions for PS4 or X1. I am just running out of room to display anything. I am finishing up collecting Klei Collectibles, Bioshock, and Most of all Dark Souls. Oh, and Left 4 Dead, but other than those just running out of room, then after that... what is the point of buying if you can't display?

markgarcia
05-24-2014, 03:53 AM
After my vacations.

comaamen86
05-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Practically stopped 1 to 2 CE a year

Sniper elite 3 and either ac unity or bats whichever better

Less is more

Sand4fish
06-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Though I've been a gamer since a kid, I've only started really collecting games and related memorabilia for like 2 years... probably because I'm more financially sound at the moment. Had a couple of items that I held dear before, but now I've been crazily overspending on some series, specially MGS... which unfortunately is so vast and expensive!

I'm specially fond of this forum as well because it is where I was introduced to the world of PRESS KITS (the doom to my wallet).

LowlyAssassin
06-07-2014, 09:39 PM
As soon as I find a buyer

Sand4fish
06-08-2014, 12:51 AM
As soon as I find a buyer

If I find one that could help me in my early retirement, I would do the same :thumb:

Cheshire-Grin
06-08-2014, 01:01 AM
I'd have to say that the day I stop collecting will be the day I die, and even then I'll probably have a butt ton of preorders down that my next of kin will have to either buy or cancel.