98BIu9dpwHU

LyricalOne
12-06-2013, 01:09 AM
That was beautiful...

I would buy items just to see the little drone stop by my house lol

*Of course I know we are FAR from this being a reality

Lemur
12-06-2013, 07:29 AM
LOL I can foresee gangs of thieves shooting down those drones and stealing the contents :shrug:

rapister
12-15-2013, 09:57 AM
http://www.secretsofthefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-2-Wii-U-SMAW-UAVs-Drone-shot.jpg

Platfus
12-15-2013, 11:42 AM
lol

Biggav4000
12-15-2013, 12:29 PM
http://www.secretsofthefed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II-2-Wii-U-SMAW-UAVs-Drone-shot.jpg

:thumb:

Gemini-Phoenix
10-16-2014, 01:59 PM
I could see this working, but not in big cities where a lot of people live in apartments. More rural towns I could see this working in, such as where I live.

I doubt Amazon would be willing to send these directly from a central distribution centre, as that would require a lot of energy (two way journey) which would weigh these drones down significantly, and also just add to the time that they are in transit. If they did go ahead with this, I can see them having small depots in each town (like how Royal Mail have post offices everywhere), and will still transport deliveries by road to these depots, which will in turn load the drones for short-haul journeys (maybe three to five miles across town) opposed to using another courier

At best I can't see that there would be much of a time saving, unless each smaller depot held a limited amount of stock to fly out the same day. Personally I think Amazon are the wrong company to be doing this, and a company like HMV would probably benefit more as customers could contact their local store and have the product flown out to them within the hour.

I'm surprised that Royal Mail haven't developed something similar for local deliveries from one side of your town to the other. This would eliminate a lot of pointless travelling for things like love letters and small eBay packages to those who live in the same town