PDA

View Full Version : Which shrink wrap system to buy?

Mikle39
12-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone

I am a collector of retro big-boxing games
I need to seal some of my games.

On ebay I find many of them
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/shrink-wrap-system

But which to choose ?

Which are easy to use and good quality ?
Need advise !

Twisted
12-31-2013, 06:28 AM
just maybe use polybags instead?..are you familiar with them?

KnightOfTruth
12-31-2013, 01:25 PM
We used to use the rolling sheet w/cutter method followed by a heat-gun (or hot blow dryer actually) when I worked in retail. It was a pretty simple but highly effective method as long as you don't keep the heat-gun in one place too long.

Mikle39
01-16-2014, 10:57 AM
We used to use the rolling sheet w/cutter method followed by a heat-gun (or hot blow dryer actually) when I worked in retail. It was a pretty simple but highly effective method as long as you don't keep the heat-gun in one place too long.

Hello

Thanks for advise, can you give me link where I can see it or link where can i buy it ?

KnightOfTruth
01-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Sorry Mike, it was years ago -- it basically looks like the ones you've linked. It just had a place to put a roll of "wrap" on one side and then a metal piece so you could fold the wrap around the object you were wrapping and a blade to cut it clean off after...we just used a high-powered hair dryer after to shrink the plastic. I'll see if I can find something that looks identical to it for you though.

Doomsayer
03-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Re-sealing is amazing way to make more profit.

KnightOfTruth
03-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Re-sealing is amazing way to make more profit.

Its funny you say that, I was looking at some "sealed" things on Ebay recently and thought to myself how many things aren't really sealed, but have been utterly used (or even replaced with like a cheap-o game or something) and then re-sealed and sold to a collector who will never know because they'll never "un-seal" it? And then the original seller could just sell it again sans box on Ebay for more profit...

When I used to work at a game store we were able to bring home any new game as basically a "free rental" and play them for up to a month (at which point you could re sign it out again if you so desired) but when we brought them back to the store we had to re-seal them just as if it was new and sometimes it looked even BETTER than it did when we first opened it up...

Makes you think...

Doomsayer
03-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Its funny you say that, I was looking at some "sealed" things on Ebay recently and thought to myself how many things aren't really sealed, but have been utterly used (or even replaced with like a cheap-o game or something) and then re-sealed and sold to a collector who will never know because they'll never "un-seal" it? And then the original seller could just sell it again sans box on Ebay for more profit...

When I used to work at a game store we were able to bring home any new game as basically a "free rental" and play them for up to a month (at which point you could re sign it out again if you so desired) but when we brought them back to the store we had to re-seal them just as if it was new and sometimes it looked even BETTER than it did when we first opened it up...

Makes you think...

Oh ffs.. Even Gamestops aren't that bad (and they only allow for maxinum of 5 days). Which gamestore was that?

KnightOfTruth
03-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Oh ffs.. Even Gamestops aren't that bad (and they only allow for maxinum of 5 days). Which gamestore was that?

Gamestop. (well, before it was called Gamestop)

Ayiu
03-21-2014, 08:46 PM

lol that could make people think you are 100 years old, or even older

Story teller knight :ghey:
http://www.thenationalstudent.com/articleImages/Man%20reading%20old%20book.jpg

KnightOfTruth
03-21-2014, 09:03 PM

Nah, only 97. :) Truthfully though I was barely in high-school I think when it switched, but it was awhile ago.

But it USED to be called "Babbage's" (at least over here) named after Charles Babbage - but I guess most people weren't geek enough to know the name so they (after some corporate card-shuffling) changed it to Gamestop (and then subsequently combined with EB Games).

Doomsayer
03-21-2014, 09:18 PM

So when it was.. EBGames? Nice job. And I thought it was rude enough that they sell opened last copies which are on show to people as "New" which have sparked quite few reclamations both to the company itself and to our local.. what are they called in english.. Commission for rights of the buyer?

Doomsayer
03-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Nah, only 97. :) Truthfully though I was barely in high-school I think when it switched, but it was awhile ago.

But it USED to be called "Babbage's" (at least over here) named after Charles Babbage - but I guess most people weren't geek enough to know the name so they (after some corporate card-shuffling) changed it to Gamestop (and then subsequently combined with EB Games).

"The company operates retail stores under the names GameStop, EB Games, Babbage's, Software ETC, Micromania, MovieStop, Planet X and FuncoLand." And their original name has been listed as EB Games.

KnightOfTruth
03-21-2014, 09:26 PM
"The company operates retail stores under the names GameStop, EB Games, Babbage's, Software ETC, Micromania, MovieStop, Planet X and FuncoLand." And their original name has been listed as EB Games.

Well, I guess EB Games bought out Babbage's then. It happened after I left there anyway so wasn't really too concerned with who bought who...

http://skreened.com/render-product/z/k/a/zkakiyksgocxacwymasw/image.w174h200f3.jpg

markgarcia
05-22-2014, 05:08 PM

http://www.thenationalstudent.com/articleImages/Man%20reading%20old%20book.jpg
Exactly very true.