PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed collectors. Are you scared?

ingmar1988
03-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Black Flag had so many collectibles, it was almost undo-able.

But now ubisoft will come with 2 games. No doubt with each it's own CE (multiple versions). Many statues. 2 press kits. At least 10 steelbooks.

How will we cope :beg::beg::beg:

KnightOfTruth
03-21-2014, 07:56 PM
Black Flag had so many collectibles, it was almost undo-able.

But now ubisoft will come with 2 games. No doubt with each it's own CE (multiple versions). Many statues. 2 press kits. At least 10 steelbooks.

How will we cope :beg::beg::beg:

Well, after re-reading the articles it sounds like they haven't entirely ruled out the possibility that the "last-gen" game will actually be another Vita exclusive. If they do that, there likely won't be much CEs or collectibles surrounding it (similar to Liberation). But since they likely have 2 different branches working on the different games (and "Unity" has been worked on for 3 years) there's no guarantee!

After missing out on my favorite bonuses/collectibles from III and IV I'll definitely be more diligent about setting aside some money for the inevitable world-wide scattering of promo items though.

Madigan
03-21-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm more scared of the ass creed thread spamfest x10 this year :rotf:

Dan
03-21-2014, 08:48 PM
At least 10 steelbooks.

:rotf:

SwiftDeath
03-21-2014, 09:09 PM
I thought briefly about simply robbing all the major PR and Dev HQ for Ubisoft but then realized how many employees are on each AC game :pooryou:

I concede AC collecting properly is now impossible

Dr_Jengo
03-22-2014, 07:47 AM
I'm more scared of the ass creed thread spamfest x10 this year :rotf:

Lol!

Yes the AC franchise is becoming too big to handle. First there were just CEs to worry about, then preorder bonuses and now even lots of different companies are producing merchandise related to AC.

Choose wisely guys!

LowlyAssassin
03-22-2014, 09:19 AM
My current conclusion is that although they will be "different games"
They will be about the same assassin in the same era
So we have the next gen version which is told by Abstergo and you as an employee
And the last gen version will be a gritty grimey dirty bad graphics work in progress put together by wither erudito or the assassins or the will of the first (or whatever they're called)
So one set of merchandise for one historical era
Both sides of the same story
After all their are 2 sides to every story

Also did we get 10 steel books for ac4? Only 1 pre order steelbok and the rest where bundled in CEs

Platfus
03-22-2014, 09:34 AM
I gave up already after AC3 with no collectibles for AC4. Only 2 watchers, card from mags and t-shirt and thats all I have.

LowlyAssassin
03-22-2014, 09:38 AM
I gave up already after AC3 with no collectibles for AC4. Only 2 watchers, card from mags and t-shirt and thats all I have.

2 watchers?

ingmar1988
03-22-2014, 10:19 AM
i think he means the ac branded pocket watch

LowlyAssassin
03-22-2014, 10:23 AM
i think he means the ac branded pocket watch

Probably

Deathhound
03-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Well, I gave up on my part also. I just concentrate on BioShock + AC III. lol

I'm too overwhelmed otherwise

v1sav1s
03-25-2014, 05:36 PM
"Another artifact?! ...I've seen enough for one life." -Ezio, ACR

Yeah I'm slowing down as well.

LowlyAssassin
03-25-2014, 08:12 PM
"Another artifact?! ...I've seen enough for one life." -Ezio, ACR

Yeah I'm slowing down as well.

Best game related quote ever

Now I know I am very far off; as I'm only half way through ac1 but I dontbthink there is an artefact in France
Well Dr mango knows what I'm on about

Dr_Jengo
03-26-2014, 01:19 AM
Best game related quote ever

Now I know I am very far off; as I'm only half way through ac1 but I dontbthink there is an artefact in France
Well Dr mango knows what I'm on about

Who's Dr Mango? :shrug:

Lemur
03-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Who's Dr Mango? :shrug:

I think that would be you :taunt:

Dr_Jengo
03-29-2014, 06:15 AM
No idea what you guys talking about...

Anyway it's just short of a Ubisoft announcement that there will be AC games this year. Reliable gaming sites have already confirmed that there's going to be 2.

So...Let the games begin! Double the no. of CEs and preorder bonuses. Start saving already!