PDA

View Full Version : Should I Sleeve?

Alaniata
04-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Hello my fellow collectors!

I'm quite new to the edition-collecting business, only a few years in and a couple of 20-30 editions stacked up. But I've been wondering: The protective sleeve most editions come in, over their beautiful collectors box. Should that be removed, or is the game considered "incomplete" then? I'm very torn about this so I would like to hear what you oldies think :)

KnightOfTruth
04-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Welcome, and really its totally up to you.

How do YOU want to collect? Do you display said CE boxes out in the open or do they just sit piled up in a closet/basement/storage bin/etc. somewhere?

Me personally, if there was an outer sleeve on the package, I would consider it "incomplete" if I was purchasing it and it was not included. So purely from a re-sell standpoint I'd recommend you keeping them. But if you don't want it to cover your display boxes, most of them can be folded up without too much hassle, just fold them flat and keep 'em between tWo pieces of cardboard to avoid any damage would be my recommendation.

At the end of the day though your collection is YOUR collection - there's no necessarily wrong or right way to do it, well, at least in my opinion. ;)

GameTrigger
04-28-2014, 02:15 PM
I try open my boxes so, that I can leave original protection sleeve/plastic - but that's only for protection reason.

Alaniata
04-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Cheers, thanks for your input... Right now I do a "semi-display" but I really wanna do a full display when i get the space, get the figures out of the boxes and stuff... I might do a stack-up of some sort like you suggest, but that just takes up more room...

comaamen86
04-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Protective sleeves are for hardcore collectors to protect against love juice and saliva

I and others that don't give a fuck use a rock or shoe to keep steels dust free

Alaniata
04-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Protective sleeves are for hardcore collectors to protect against love juice and saliva

I and others that don't give a fuck use a rock or shoe to keep steels dust free

A shoe you says, eh?

Gazereths
04-28-2014, 11:31 PM
I tend to keep my opened stuff in sleeves or plastic covers, but I take them out usually for photos so there's no glare on the pictures. You can always keep the sleeves stored away somewhere if you dont like to display with them on.

This anti-dust shoe/rock combination has me intrigued.

Thetof91
04-29-2014, 01:00 PM
A bit offtopic

Velkommen til forum :D
Godt at se flere dansker her inde :)

But yeah well if it is like the plastic case that is around where it display what is in the edition and all that kind of stuff, I feel like the edition is incomplete to have.. Even well I dont display my boxes(they are all in the basement), it just feels good to have all the stuff of the editions.. Only thing I throw out is the celophane stuff there is one edition if it is, dont see any reason to keep that after it is open :p

Alaniata
04-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Takker, håber på at fange nogle gode handler her :)

Ye ofc the celophane goes in the bin, but the thi napper sleevevwith a picture of the content...can't make up my mind...sometimes It's just 1 piece of paper taped to the back, then i Got no problem in throwing it out...

underfox
05-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Welcome, and really its totally up to you.

How do YOU want to collect? Do you display said CE boxes out in the open or do they just sit piled up in a closet/basement/storage bin/etc. somewhere?

Me personally, if there was an outer sleeve on the package, I would consider it "incomplete" if I was purchasing it and it was not included. So purely from a re-sell standpoint I'd recommend you keeping them. But if you don't want it to cover your display boxes, most of them can be folded up without too much hassle, just fold them flat and keep 'em between to pieces of cardboard to avoid any damage would be my recommendation.

At the end of the day though your collection is YOUR collection - there's no necessarily wrong or right way to do it, well, at least in my opinion. ;)

my idea is exactly the same.

A simple exemple ( and it's my own opinion of course), I consider any Metal gear solid 4 without it's cardboard sleeve incomplete, just because mine was sold with a cardboard sleeve on release.