PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? (eBay)

Interinactive
07-13-2014, 03:21 AM
Hi

I purchased a Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes Premium Package for $170 over the weekend

Just today I received a message stating that the item was damaged and that he wanted me to cancel the transaction.

Hmm. Fair enough. Until I checked the item again that he is still listing.

It's now for sale at $100 more than I originally paid and he wont send a photo of the damaged item. I think it's pretty obvious what he's trying to do here and to be honest it's pretty damn annoying.

Has this happened to anyone before? I'm pretty sure I can leave negative feedback on a canceled item, of which I currently plan to do.

0329liuken
07-13-2014, 03:29 AM
A negative feedback is very necessary!

I met a seller here who sold an item to me and refunded me, then sold it for a higher price. I know how frustrating it is.

KnightOfTruth
07-13-2014, 03:35 AM
You could potentially threaten him with the negative feedback based on your observations, and have him hold up his part of the transaction "or else". But yeah, not much else you could do.

MadMan5
07-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi

I purchased a Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes Premium Package for $170 over the weekend

Just today I received a message stating that the item was damaged and that he wanted me to cancel the transaction.

Hmm. Fair enough. Until I checked the item again that he is still listing.

It's now for sale at $100 more than I originally paid and he wont send a photo of the damaged item. I think it's pretty obvious what he's trying to do here and to be honest it's pretty damn annoying.

Has this happened to anyone before? I'm pretty sure I can leave negative feedback on a canceled item, of which I currently plan to do.

You can open a dispute on eBay this makes it know to all party's what is going on more so eBay sellers don't like being shut down.

Interinactive
07-16-2014, 11:54 PM
You could potentially threaten him with the negative feedback based on your observations, and have him hold up his part of the transaction "or else". But yeah, not much else you could do.

Well this seems to have worked wonders

Not only did he agree to sell it to me again (or as he put it, "I found another one"), he sent it express free of charge and included a free PS3 game

http://www.coflash.com/stuff/mgsv_01.jpg

Original price: $164, marked up to $248, said I'd give negative feedback when he tried to cancel, got it for the original price with a free game.

Chargersfan57
07-18-2014, 03:01 AM
Awe, such a happy ending.

bravoguy
07-18-2014, 07:05 AM
Congrats mate :)