PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One - Torn between two editions

Cell
08-15-2014, 01:32 AM
With both the Sunset Overdrive Bundle Edition and the COD: Advanced Warfare Bundle Edition both being released, I have currently Pre-Ordered both. I am looking to keep the one that has potential to hold value better for the future which is know is impossible to tell, but you can always predict.

My thoughts are that the White Sunset Overdrive will be released in the near future as a standard white edition, so you are currently only paying extra for the game.

Any advice is great. I am still new when it comes to judgement on which system/game version/model is more limited.

eternix
08-16-2014, 02:28 AM
I'm thinking about getting the COD one because it has a nice art design on the console and the gamepad and a 1TB of memory plus the game even though I'm getting the limited edition of the game. Although I want the white one to match my xbox 360............but still COD

rapister
08-16-2014, 06:27 PM
yea you should get the COD one. the white console isn't limited, and you can sell the extra copy of the game.

then buy the titanfall controller for 2nd player before it becomes hard to find. and you're set.

Twisted
08-18-2014, 05:16 AM
everyone is correct..the white one will be a stand alone release down the road..maybe as early as next year..the one that will have a limited run is the COD one...don't think for a sec, the white one will be limited..they've already said it will be available in 2015 just by itself.

Cell
08-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. While the system is a $100 more than the White bundle, to purchase the 1TB HDD and controller would equate over that amount so I will get the COD bundle. Now all I need to get is the Titanfall controller and I'm set.

Cell
08-19-2014, 05:34 AM
Update: Ended up ordering the Sunset Overdrive bundle. I looked at images of both and the COD wasn't my thing...Even though it is limited edition.

MadMan5
08-20-2014, 01:35 AM
Looks like Mr. Xbox plan is working. I think there will be a Tomb Raider XboxOne to go with that in 2015

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

rapister
08-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Looks like Mr. Xbox plan is working. I think there will be a Tomb Raider XboxOne to go with that in 2015

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

yea you are right..... here we go again LOL

Cell
08-30-2014, 06:56 PM
So another option has come into play. I have found that you can still buy the Xbox One Day One console for the same price. Is there any benefit to owning this aside from the controller and day one achievement? Would this have a higher resale value over the white sunset bundle?

AlexFlynn
09-04-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't think so. Even the Day One Archivement is nothing more than a note in your gaming archivements (without any points).

The console itself is the same as the other black consoles. And a black package (the others are green). So maybe the controller has some value but the console itself not (in my opinion). On the other hand I don't think that any of these two consoles (white one and black one) will have a high value in the future (I will come back in 10 years to check this statement :D)

singer07
09-07-2014, 08:18 AM
you should avoid the whole problem and get a ps4

rapister
09-14-2014, 03:19 PM
With both the Sunset Overdrive Bundle Edition and the COD: Advanced Warfare Bundle Edition both being released, I have currently Pre-Ordered both. I am looking to keep the one that has potential to hold value better for the future which is know is impossible to tell, but you can always predict.

My thoughts are that the White Sunset Overdrive will be released in the near future as a standard white edition, so you are currently only paying extra for the game.

Any advice is great. I am still new when it comes to judgement on which system/game version/model is more limited.

a0mXs4JLmc4

xhunter
09-14-2014, 03:25 PM
I've got the CoD: AW Xbox One on pre-order and trying to decide if I want to pick up the white one now or wait and pick it up later. Has the white one definitely been confirmed to sold down the line without Sunset Overdrive (perhaps another game or without a game)?

Gemini-Phoenix
09-21-2014, 10:02 AM
The Advanced Warfare XboxOne is every bit a CE console in every sense, whereas the Sunset Overdrive package is simply a white console bundled with the "game-of-the-month". The COD console also features a much more generous HDD size, so far only available with this CE console (but which may become the standard in future console releases)

I would personally say that the COD console holds the greater future value. As you correctly stated, the white console will likely be released further down the line as a standalone console for a cheaper price. The COD one won't (although the matching controller can be bought separately)

I personally pre-ordered the Advanced Warfare console from GAME. I wasn't going to buy an XboxOne console just yet (I was waiting for a slimmer redesign), but the COD livery sold it to me! However, £430 does seem a little too much, and I was hoping that the XboxOne would get a significant price reduction before the next Call of Duty game gets released!

comaamen86
09-22-2014, 12:32 AM
i would say due to the exclusive color variant the so one is collectors

whilst they could release a white console they have not yet so there is that

then

packaging art

download card in box for game

both parts available in said bundle maybe pedantic but its all in the eyes of the collector

advance warfare console also indeed a collectors item

Cell
10-01-2014, 01:04 PM
you should avoid the whole problem and get a ps4

I own every console so this isn't a problem.

xhunter
10-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh, man. I am so torn right now. I have the CoD Advanced Warfare console on pre-order. Definitely getting that. However, I am tempted by the Sunset Overdrive white console bundle. I love the box art and want to get the white console at some point. I could probably scrape together enough cash to pay for both within a week, however I don't know if I really want to do that. Is it likely the SO bundle will be discounted for Black Friday? Will the white console be bundled with anything else? Ahhhh, I can't decide!

comaamen86
10-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Just paint the cod one white

xhunter
10-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Just paint the cod one white

Well, that's not helpful, lol. :lol:

EDIT: I decided I just want the box and white controller. I'll have to look on eBay after it releases to see if I can find those.