Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Gaming Hardware Collecting

Old 08-15-2014, 01:32 AM

Cell's Flag is: Canada
Default Xbox One - Torn between two editions

With both the Sunset Overdrive Bundle Edition and the COD: Advanced Warfare Bundle Edition both being released, I have currently Pre-Ordered both. I am looking to keep the one that has potential to hold value better for the future which is know is impossible to tell, but you can always predict.

My thoughts are that the White Sunset Overdrive will be released in the near future as a standard white edition, so you are currently only paying extra for the game.

Any advice is great. I am still new when it comes to judgement on which system/game version/model is more limited.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:28 AM

eternix's Flag is: United States Sebring, FL
Default Re: Xbox One - Torn between two editions

I'm thinking about getting the COD one because it has a nice art design on the console and the gamepad and a 1TB of memory plus the game even though I'm getting the limited edition of the game. Although I want the white one to match my xbox 360............but still COD

Old 08-16-2014, 06:27 PM

rapister's Flag is: Singapore

yea you should get the COD one. the white console isn't limited, and you can sell the extra copy of the game.

then buy the titanfall controller for 2nd player before it becomes hard to find. and you're set.

"Nothing is missed, everything is pre-ordered." .................. -Collectors' Creed
WANT : Any Lollipop Chainsaw items
Old 08-18-2014, 05:16 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

everyone is correct..the white one will be a stand alone release down the road..maybe as early as next year..the one that will have a limited run is the COD one...don't think for a sec, the white one will be limited..they've already said it will be available in 2015 just by itself.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:37 PM

Thanks for the replies. While the system is a $100 more than the White bundle, to purchase the 1TB HDD and controller would equate over that amount so I will get the COD bundle. Now all I need to get is the Titanfall controller and I'm set.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:34 AM

Update: Ended up ordering the Sunset Overdrive bundle. I looked at images of both and the COD wasn't my thing...Even though it is limited edition.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:35 AM

MadMan5's Flag is: UK Australia

Looks like Mr. Xbox plan is working. I think there will be a Tomb Raider XboxOne to go with that in 2015

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited by MadMan5; 08-20-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:03 PM

rapister's Flag is: Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan5 View Post
Looks like Mr. Xbox plan is working. I think there will be a Tomb Raider XboxOne to go with that in 2015

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
yea you are right..... here we go again LOL

"Nothing is missed, everything is pre-ordered." .................. -Collectors' Creed
WANT : Any Lollipop Chainsaw items
Old 08-30-2014, 06:56 PM

So another option has come into play. I have found that you can still buy the Xbox One Day One console for the same price. Is there any benefit to owning this aside from the controller and day one achievement? Would this have a higher resale value over the white sunset bundle?
Old 09-04-2014, 09:35 AM

AlexFlynn's Flag is: Germany Leipzig

I don't think so. Even the Day One Archivement is nothing more than a note in your gaming archivements (without any points).

The console itself is the same as the other black consoles. And a black package (the others are green). So maybe the controller has some value but the console itself not (in my opinion). On the other hand I don't think that any of these two consoles (white one and black one) will have a high value in the future (I will come back in 10 years to check this statement )