PDA

View Full Version : Do you limit your collecting?

Matt
01-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Where do you stand on putting a limit on your collecting?

Here's a few examples:

If you collect Assassin's Creed merchandise, do you not buy anything to do with Unity because you thought the game was awful?

Are you put off by a price tag or will you pay whatever it takes to get a certain item?

Avoid a particular game in a series because there wasn't enough merchandise made for it?

Here is my limit on collecting - I will not buy any Crash Bandicoot merchandise that isn't to do with one of the games made by Naughty Dog(1,2,3, Team Racing) because I think those were the only good Crash games.

GameTrigger
01-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Here is my limit on FF collecting - only console games and stuff related with them.
Priorities:
1. Game (+ promo copy of that)
2. OST
3. Art book and guide
4. Figures/statues
5. Posters, T-shirts etc.

Mike1888
01-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Over the past year I've transitioned to primarily going after ultra rare/valuable items as opposed to just going after any CE, steelbook, promo item etc because I'm running really low on space.

In my GTA collecting I tend to avoid apparel - there's so much of it, it doesn't have much value and I'm not interested in wearing any of it. Also don't bother with posters unless there's something special about them.

Gazereths
01-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Just limited to MGS and Mass Effect....with a few :roll: exceptions.

Just tend to buy games/CE's/artwork/steelie/comics etc. LOOOVE watches but they are pricey and are inflated even more by the game branding. Would love to get all the Mass Effect watches and the MGS watches......Only have one of each atm :(

JRPGFan
01-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Here is my limit on FF collecting - only console games and stuff related with them.
Priorities:
1. Game (+ promo copy of that)
2. OST
3. Art book and guide
4. Figures/statues
5. Posters, T-shirts etc.

Pretty much this with a few exceptions.

Golden Sun/The Lost Age. (One Dark Dawn T-Shirt since it looks so dam COOL, shame the game was a disappointment)
Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2).
Tales of Symphonia (Mostly stuff from year 2003-2004 most it coming from USA).
Skies of Arcadia (Eternal Arcadia).

In that order.

I'm pretty much finished collecting for Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia with just 1 thing left to get for both. Skies of Arcadia Legends guide which I can get at any time. And Pack 2 of 3 to finish off a card set for Tales of Symphonia.

My Dark Chronicle and Golden Sun Collection is so bare atm.

A Skies of Arcadia Poster would be nice and that would truly finish off my Skies of Arcadia Collection.

I tend to avoid most Japanese stuff unless it would be something that only came out over there such as OST, Posters and Art Books (If there was no English release) And other bits of little pieces like key chains. I don't count the Japanese guides due to most being in English already. Most of the Japanese Posters tend to have other artwork so it's cool to collect those too.

I also don't count new released for Tales of Symphonia (There's WAY too much to collect anyway) Skies of Arcadia gets away with it due to never owning a Dreamcast (Legends for Gamecube) and the new Statue from first4figures due to it never having gotten one before. Not to mention the lack of stuff to collect for it. Also original Limited CE like the Limited Box due to being that's where the artbook comes from.

AlexFlynn
01-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Do you limit your collecting?

No, my wallet does.

I would probably buy everything I'm interested in if I had the money for it :shrug:

novobox
01-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Hi im markus from novobox.we are doing the futurepak.resident evil is coming out soon.i will put on some pic and videos soon

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

OrekillZ
01-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Bank account and my wife are my limits :(
Personally, I start to a collection must have the game really touch me, it's that little something that others not ... And if collectable things please me yes then why not ...

Shooks
02-21-2015, 12:51 AM
Depends. When I find something, I NEED that, cost what it will cost... Ok, not that insane, but sort of, heh. A healthy limitation is a must, I believe.

Interinactive
02-25-2015, 10:46 PM
I collect Assassin's Creed so this is a tough one. I have all the CEs including Unity, but I won't be buying the new one this year. Same for a LOT of CEs really.

If a game in the series is good, I'll buy the CE, I'll also buy the next game/CE in the series without question. But if one in the series turns out to be bad, I won't buy the CE for the next game that proceeds it.

I bought Total War 2, Battlefield 4, Unity, Hitman Absolution, Saint Row IV CEs - all because games previous to them were good. I haven't bothered ordering any of the new ones that are available as of now. I'll snap them up if the games turn out to be good, but otherwise that's how my process works.

It hurts at times because when a game does turn out to be good and I didn't preorder the CE, I often have to pay much more for it after release :(

Thetof91
02-26-2015, 06:34 AM
I collect AC, LoL, Nintendo Retro and random stuff I like..

But it is pretty much most the statue/figurines that I go for :)
It is what I like.. But I don't earn enough money yet to go after the big statues and that, so mainly the CE and that kind of stuff.. And Retro Nintendo it is most the games for NES, SNES and N64 :) And then what ever I can find that I like with out paying overprice :)

Nyxus
03-28-2015, 12:03 PM
My main issue right now is storage space. So I try to limit buying too many huge collector's editions. Although recently I bought the Lords of Shadow 2 Tomb Edition, which is pretty big...