PDA

View Full Version : What are some "digital only" games that got a boxed copy as well?

phisylus
04-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Can anyone give me a list of digital only games for the PC or consoles that ended up getting a physical boxed released in North America? For example, Cities XL was a Steam game but I just found a boxed copy of the game at a book store. I know there are other games. So list the ones you know of. I know of some, but I can't find a list anywhere. Like I know Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes in the U.S. only have the Steam version. I would love to find out if they made a boxed copy in the U.S. I know the UK got a boxed copy of those games for the PC. I know the UK get a boxed release for most digital games, but I'm mainly looking for N.A. copies. Normally has an E-M rating on the front. Another example I just thought of was Amnesia. It was originally a Steam game, but it got a boxed copy later on. Thanks!

PulpSuicide
04-22-2015, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnoP68WwLnk

I still remember watching this episode on youtube and it was amazing. Check it and see if you like.

Gazereths
04-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Elite dangerous was digital only for a time, now you can get a boxed edition

Twisted
04-23-2015, 06:33 AM
the first print run of DUCKTALES for PS3 was digital code only inside the physical box. then they did a rerelease with the blu ray physical game inside.

Twisted
04-23-2015, 06:34 AM
ducktales PS3 first run digital only in game case. reprint was a blu ray disc in game case.

Letrico
04-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Whew that is a hard request.

Goat Simulator
Gone Home
Limbo
Amnesia
Terraria
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

That's all I can think of now lol

Likey
04-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Child of Light, but not sure if that was available in the US or not.

GameTrigger
04-24-2015, 12:17 AM
Child of Light, but not sure if that was available in the US or not.
All regions got PS Vita physical copy only NA release date was later than others.