PDA

View Full Version : Heroes VII Collector's Edition exclusivity?

WellDuh
08-25-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry for making a new thread, but couldn't find any other thread about this CE release. At the beginning they said that this edition will be exclusive to ubishop, but now it's EVERYWHERE. Wth? :shrug:

vhal_x
08-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Sometimes retailers will buy excess stock from other retailers for cheap, which they then sell on - leading to once exclusive titles seemingly becoming non-exclusive. Similar to how stores purchase "exclusive" stuff from SDCC to then sell on from their own stores :) x

WellDuh
08-26-2015, 10:21 AM
But this is still preorder? I mean if they say "we will be the only ones selling our own edition", can small stores really go "nah, you won't." without being given rights to sell? How are they going to obtain the CEs to distribute on release day unless Ubisoft gives them copies beforehand? They can't bypass Ubisoft unless Ubisoft allows them to. And this can be considered false marketing since they said it will be exclusive but now it's not?

I knew Ubi sux but I never imagined they would outright LIE about exclusivity. :shrug:

vhal_x
08-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Well it could also be down to regions, it may be exclusive to that store in one region, but in another country, somewhere else has exclusivity (or nowhere is exclusive and multiple stores carry it). Something being exclusive to a particular store often means nothing in the grand scheme of things x