PDA

View Full Version : Gold edition legend of zelda

shanaconger
10-13-2015, 01:24 AM
Im needing to know where or how to find a collector for this game. its in excellent condition in box with all papers and map. please help me find out how much this is worth thank you

KnightOfTruth
10-13-2015, 02:17 AM
Im needing to know where or how to find a collector for this game. its in excellent condition in box with all papers and map. please help me find out how much this is worth thank you

Are you referring to the original NES version? And if so, what region? Also, there were SEVERAL iterations, I believe it was a total of at least 10 if I recall (even among gold editions) and the value differs quite significantly.

Here's a rough breakdown of a few... though I'd have to search a bit more to find the thread we were all discussing years ago about how many there REALLY are...

NES Zelda:
1) The Legend of Zelda - USA (5-screw, gold, round Nintendo seal, no "hold reset when turning off the power" warning)
2) The Legend of Zelda - USA (3-screw, gold, round Nintendo seal)
3) The Legend of Zelda - USA (3-screw, gold, oval Nintendo seal)
4) The Legend of Zelda - USA (3-screw, gray, oval Nintendo seal) (Possibly "Nintendo Classics" Version?)
5) The Legend of Zelda - USA (Yellow Cartridge)
6) The Legend of Zelda - Hong Kong
7) The Legend of Zelda - Europe (PAL)
8) The Legend of Zelda - France/Netherlands (PAL)
9) The Legend of Zelda Classic Series - France/Netherlands (PAL)

Also, depending on the edition I may be willing to purchase it off of you! :thumb:

shanaconger
10-13-2015, 02:20 AM
Could u please tell me where i would find that info for you

shanaconger
10-13-2015, 02:21 AM
It has 3 screws

KnightOfTruth
10-13-2015, 02:39 AM
It has 3 screws

Gotchya, so that eliminates a few of the versions it COULD be, and while "rare" might be a misnomer here among collectors (because the game had millions of units sold and hundreds of thousands of each of the different versions), the 5-screw is considered to be the "rarer" of the 2 types because so many of the types were 3-screw (as seen below).

I found one of the original "database" posts though that had the different versions listed, here's the ones that yours COULD be (already eliminated the others)...

You'd have to take a look at the box, and the inserts, and such to see which one of the 7 yours is...

Edit: Wow, sorry -- the forum formatting doesn't like my table very much :( The "silver" or "white" is referring to the color of the Nintendo seal

1)
Box None Silver NO REV-A , Address Zip Code on box 98052 "R" after NES
Book None Silver Address Zip Code matches box 98052
Cart None Silver 3-Screw Gold Cart NO "Made in Japan"
Map None None Fold-Out Map for Zelda
P Baggie Circle Cut for Box Hole

2)
Box None Silver NO REV-A , Address Zip Code on box 98052 "R" after NES
Book None Silver Address Zip Code matches box 98052
Cart None Silver 3-Screw Gold Cart WITH "Made in Japan

3)
Box NES-ZL-USA Silver REV-A , Address Zip Code on box 98052 "R" after NES
Book NES-ZL-USA-1 Silver Address Zip Code matches box 98052
Cart NES-ZL-USA Silver 3-Screw Gold Cart
Insert PMG-USA None Nintendo Power Ad

4)
Box NES-ZL-USA White REV-A , Address Zip Code on box 98052 "TM" after SOQ
Book NES-ZL-USA-1 White Address Zip Code matches box 98052
Cart NES-ZL-USA White 3-Screw Gold Cart "TM" after SOQ
Insert PMG-USA None Nintendo Power Ad

5)
Box NES-ZL-USA White REV-A , Address Zip Code on box 98073-0957 "R" after SOQ
Book NES-ZL-USA-1 White Address Zip Code matches box 98073-0957
Cart NES-ZL-USA White 3-Screw Gold Cart "R" after SOQ
Inser PMG-MW-USA None Nintendo Power Ad

6)
Box NES-ZL-USA* White REV-A , Address Zip Code on box 98073-0957 "TM" after SOQ
Book NES-ZL-USA-1* White Address Zip Code matches box 98073-0957
Cart NES-ZL-USA White 3-Screw Gold Cart "TM" after SOQ
Insert PMG-MW-USA None Nintendo Power Ad

7)
Zelda (Classic Series)
Box NES-ZL-USA-1 White REV-A , Address Zip Code on box 98073-0957
Book NES-ZL-USA-2 White Red Bar On Back, Address Zip Code matches box 98073-0957
Cart NES-ZL-USA-1 White 3-Screw Gray Cart
Insert GP-NES-USA None Nintendo Power Ad
Insert NES-DOC-USA None Epilepsy Warning
P Baggie

Obviously if it doesn't have the hole cut out or its the "Classic Series" its easy to see at a simple glance. Then the next best thing is probably the "REV-A" or not.

It doesn't really change the value all THAT much unless you find a dedicated collector who just happens to be missing that version. As it is, I don't own a 3-screw Zelda CIB and so would be willing to buy it off you if the condition is great regardless of which version above it is. (Edit: unless its the classic series version -- not a fan of that one!)

You can ask others here for an estimate though since I obviously have some bias in listing the price. Generally speaking though, a non-sealed 3-screw US version LoZ CIB will sell for ~$65-$100 or so depending on the time of year and such. At a quick glance, there are still several listed on Ebay with Buy-it-now prices in that range, so I tend to think I'm pretty spot on, but will defer to others' consensus (though there's probably only 1 or 2 people on here who know the US Zelda market better than i) :blush:

Hope that helps you my friend, and again, if you wanted to talk privately about a sale, just shoot me a PM. And oh yeah, welcome to the forum! :thumb: