PDA

View Full Version : 2015 "Champ vs. Chump" Awards Discussion Thread

KnightOfTruth
10-27-2015, 07:37 PM
2015 "Champ vs. Chump" Awards Discussion Thread

So I know that we usually have other Award threads put out by Mike and others around here, but I wanted to make this thread slightly different. Here are the specifics:

- List ONLY ONE Limited/Collector's Edition (or Promotional Item if you want) for each of the 2 categories ("Champ" or "Chump")
- Be sure to specify which platform you are selecting for if there are differences
- Provide your reason(s) for making your selections
- Feel free to make comparisons to other CEs and such
- Discussion/Comments/Criticisms of other people's choices are not only allowed, but are welcomed - just keep it friendly of course!
- The selection should have been released/launched somewhere in the world between November 1, 2014 and December 31, 2015 (if its been announced for 2016 but hasn't been released yet and you REALLY want to nominate it, I suppose we can bend those rules a bit!)
- At the end, we can figure out who the biggest "Champ" and the biggest "Chump" for CEs are based on member's votes.

Here are just a few suggestions for criteria:
* Price vs. Content
* Digital vs. Physical Content
* Appropriateness of Extras
* Quantity vs. Quality
* Expectations from previous CEs by the company/series
* etc.

Here are the current votes:

CHAMP

Witcher 3 - 2 Votes
TBA -

CHUMP

Halo 5 LCE - 1 Vote
Uncharted 4 CE - 1 Vote

KnightOfTruth
10-27-2015, 07:40 PM
Here are my choices thus far (reasons to follow)

Champ
Witcher 3 (XBox 1)

Chump
Halo 5 LCE (XBox 1)

WaxWeazle
10-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Here's my choices!

Champ
Witcher 3 (in general)

Chump
Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Was very impressed with W3 CE where the UC4 CE is overpriced for what it actually is, disappointed in content too as it's more digital stuff than anything else..

Also chose for UC4 because it was going to be released this year first.

KnightOfTruth
11-27-2015, 08:44 PM
No other votes/nominations on this? :(