PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on PS2 Promo Disks - Question from a Noob!

annelaina
01-27-2016, 01:10 AM
Hey all, just wondering what your opinion is of PS2 Promo Disks ?(pal format). Im getting conflicting info about the value and collect-ability of them, some say worthless, some say rare and valuable - are some formats more desirable? PSp NTSC - What do you think?, do you have them in your collection? Im a noob to this site ( Based in New Zealand ) but have been collecting for ever, have some wicked ps2 and ps3 press kits and 100's of promo disks ;0).

annelaina
01-27-2016, 01:16 AM
Also - can anyone recommend an easy program for posting photos?

ExMajik
01-27-2016, 01:21 AM
Some are more valuable than others. It just depends on the franchise and availability. Do you have anything for Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy for sell? :)

annelaina
01-27-2016, 01:29 AM
I do, Finaly Fantasy X Demo press disks ( press disk, promo disk and beyond final fantasy disk), and Kingdom Hearts Press Material (press disk, promo disk and demo disk), both in mint condition - unsealed but never played. My issue is at the moment until I can figure out how safe this site is and how the heck to put photos up and sell stuff - Im hesitant to do anything lol.

annelaina
01-27-2016, 01:32 AM
How willing are collectors to pay for shipping from other countries? Its pretty pricey from NZ (around $40-$50 NZD for one game tracked/courier to the US)

ExMajik
01-27-2016, 01:42 AM
I already own both, but thank you anyways.

It really depends on the item. If they really want the item, and they cannot find it elsewhere, chances are they are willing to pay.

To upload images, I always upload them to somewhere like photobucket and provide the user with a link to the image. I have never had a problem buying or selling on this forum. That being said, I prefer to not do business with people with just 1 post count. Make sure they are active members here.

annelaina
01-27-2016, 02:03 AM
Cool thanks for the advice - I'll try photo bucket - I'm still having issues even navigating this site lol so posting more will allow people to see I'm legit? I can provide links to my trading in New Zealand but not sure that helps any ( the collectors scene over here is either hidden or non existent! Thus why I joined this site) Im actually an owner of 2 registered businesses over here and buy a bit from o/seas (not games, other products) but haven't sold much outside NZ. Any other tips or advice you can give regarding dealings with this site me would be much appreciated!

annelaina
01-27-2016, 02:08 AM
Right - Lets see if this photobucket thing works!
http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/annelaina/library/

GameTrigger
01-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Right - Lets see if this photobucket thing works!
http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/annelaina/library/
annelaina's Library is Private.

Here is guide how to upload photos:
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11674

annelaina
01-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Fixed now ;0)