PDA

View Full Version : What do you like most in a CE edition?

Doublee25
05-04-2016, 12:26 AM
What are your favorite items in CE editions that make you want to buy them?

vhal_x
05-04-2016, 01:03 AM
Figures are a good one for me, like the posable figures (nendoroids, figmas, play arts kai), as well as a Steelbook and I also like the more unusual items too.

Getting kinda sick of massive statues though, too expensive and I'm running out of space!

I also like when Season Passes are included. Feels pretty annoying to shell out a large amount on a CE, to then have to pay another £20-40 on top for the season pass x

Toasty the Baker
05-04-2016, 01:56 AM
I'm getting kind of tired of the same set of items in CE's. Steelbook, art book, statue, dlc. I like things that you can actually interact with like the wearable pip boy, the headphones from Saint Row III, the bomb from the fallout anthology. I also like the Alan Wake CE with the 150 page book to read. Hopefully we get more items you can interact with like that.

Matrix6
05-04-2016, 04:47 AM
I also like when Season Passes are included. Feels pretty annoying to shell out a large amount on a CE, to then have to pay another £20-40 on top for the season pass x

Yes, really annoying! We're talking about you Dark Souls III Prestige Edition!! You tight ass! Aussies essentially paid around $580 for just the statue!!

I want to see more these so-called numbered limited editions (2000 or less) with signature from the developers or artist or whatever on the artwork or box or cert or something. Like Kingdoms of Amalur. I haven't seen one of those since.

Codreanu
05-04-2016, 07:40 AM
But that's what most of the collectors want. Look at the official poll for the content of the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided CE.

Mike1888
05-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Yes, really annoying! We're talking about you Dark Souls III Prestige Edition!! You tight ass! Aussies essentially paid around $580 for just the statue!!

I want to see more these so-called numbered limited editions (2000 or less) with signature from the developers or artist or whatever on the artwork or box or cert or something. Like Kingdoms of Amalur. I haven't seen one of those since.

Agreed. For me it's less about the type of items and more about if the edition feels like a real collector's item that won't end up in the bargain bin 6 months later.

Argonian Pagan
05-06-2016, 05:53 PM
My most valued physical item is always the artbook. Big, A4-ish artbooks. However, I really prefer them to be sold separately, so I could also buy the artboks of games I'm not really interested to play, but when the artbook is made an exclusive part of the CE (The Witcher, Skyrim) then the artbook becomes my number one reason to buy that CE. Also I love any additional books like lore books, novels, dev diaries.

Secondly, the box itself, I love them. I like sturdy, thick cardboard boxes with unique boxart. I'm not necessarily a fan of very big boxes, I prefer smaller but very solid boxes (like Spore) that can be easily stacked together without breaking, and especially compact boxes with good bang for the buck, like Far Cry Primal.

flatout
05-06-2016, 10:28 PM
Statues for me. But as we all know CE statues are hit or way miss. Overall they have been doing much better lately though (with the quality of their statues).

underfox
05-08-2016, 09:39 AM
My most valued physical item is always the artbook. Big, A4-ish artbooks. However, I really prefer them to be sold separately, so I could also buy the artboks of games I'm not really interested to play, but when the artbook is made an exclusive part of the CE (The Witcher, Skyrim) then the artbook becomes my number one reason to buy that CE. Also I love any additional books like lore books, novels, dev diaries.

Secondly, the box itself, I love them. I like sturdy, thick cardboard boxes with unique boxart. I'm not necessarily a fan of very big boxes, I prefer smaller but very solid boxes (like Spore) that can be easily stacked together without breaking, and especially compact boxes with good bang for the buck, like Far Cry Primal.

+1 to all this. God there is nothing I hate more than those potal card sized artbook in a collector edition. It feels cheap and not collector at all. and I also love a well designed but sturdy box :)

Dreamcazman
05-08-2016, 11:02 AM
I used to love the statues but these days, I'm usually happy with what is essentially an upgraded standard edition. These usually include a steelbook, special packaging, DLC & maybe 1-2 smaller extras (postcards, mini artbook, etc).

These editions are generally the middle of the road, ie 'special edition' or 'limited edition' where the 'collectors edition' has the same stuff but includes a statue or figurine.

I make exceptions though with some games, (ie Dark Souls) and I would like to see more genuine limited editions with numbering so you know how many are actually made.

flatout
05-08-2016, 03:23 PM
+1 to all this. God there is nothing I hate more than those potal card sized artbook in a collector edition. It feels cheap and not collector at all. and I also love a well designed but sturdy box :)

Man you must hate 99% of CEs then... that seems to be the standard for CEs. Also the small art book makes perfect business sense... they want to still be able to justify the bigger and separately sold art books.

I too like a good box, but it is a passing and frivolous like as boxes are never being displayed (at least for me). For me it is like seeing the logo on the inner foam... I like the touch of detail but really it means nothing in the way of what it means for the future of the box/foam.

killjoymeg
05-08-2016, 06:49 PM
For me it is like seeing the logo on the inner foam... I like the touch

sounds kinky flatty. :poke:

I like different items in a CE eg pocket watches, hip-flasks... but in relation to the game, not the standard artbook and steelbook. This is probably why i prefer the actual promo items you can buy instead of CE's now....

underfox
05-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Man you must hate 99% of CEs then... that seems to be the standard for CEs. Also the small art book makes perfect business sense... they want to still be able to justify the bigger and separately sold art books.

I too like a good box, but it is a passing and frivolous like as boxes are never being displayed (at least for me). For me it is like seeing the logo on the inner foam... I like the touch of detail but really it means nothing in the way of what it means for the future of the box/foam.

And it is unfortunatly the case. I don't buy collectors edition anymore unless the memorabilia inside are crazy high quality and justify the price. but if it comes with a small artbook, I usualy pass.

Branden_Lucero
05-19-2016, 10:23 AM
anything physical and reasonably priced. i hate digital content in a physical box.

BAD-WAYNE
06-03-2016, 09:47 PM
For me it's about the statue or figure, I like having that memory on the shelf. I do wish the US would get more of the unique CEs that I see across the pond. It's not worth a considerable amount but one my favorites has to be the Japanese Dark Souls CE with the wooden box full of replica weapons. I recently purchased it from Misterunboxers and have received many compliments already. It's very well made and looks great. I really like the statues and figures but the quality and attention to detail in that CE is top notch.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk