PDA

View Full Version : .....

MattTweeks
05-07-2016, 04:35 AM

xhunter
05-07-2016, 04:58 AM
First and foremost, no matter what you say in a listing, you CANNOT refuse a return for any reason other than the buyer deciding they don't want the item (or something similar), even if you don't offer returns. That is against eBay policies. If it is not as described, if it is damaged, etc., eBay policy is that they can return the item to you.

Per eBay policy:
While eBay encourages sellers to offer great buying and return experiences for online shoppers to achieve a competitive advantage, you may choose not to offer a return policy on your items. This option has not changed. When you do not offer a return policy, the eBay Money Back Guarantee applies and your seller standard may be affected. You'll be required to pay for return shipping when the buyer chooses the following reasons:

- It doesn’t work or it’s defective
- It doesn’t match description or photos
- The wrong item was sent
- There are missing parts or accessories
- It arrived damaged
- The item doesn’t seem authentic

Starting in February 2016, sellers will only receive a returns-related defect if eBay has to step in to resolve a returns issue, and the resolution is in favor of the buyer. In other words, the buyer’s reason for returning an item will no longer count as a defect as long as you successfully resolve a return request with the buyer without asking eBay for help.

I am not sure how UK postal services work, but in the US, you submit an insurance claim with USPS and, if they accept the claim, they mail you a check for the insured/claimed amount. What I'd recommend is opening a case with eBay stating you will refund the buyer his money once the insurance claim check arrives (if that is also how it works in the UK).

And for the future, using stock images is a good way to get screwed over as per this incident. With images of the item on the listing, it is only some extra proof to help your case.

MattTweeks
05-07-2016, 06:07 AM

0329liuken
05-07-2016, 07:26 AM
eBay always side with buyers, I don't think there's anything you can do. Hope you win the case though.

ExMajik
05-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Ebays no return policy is a joke.
It is far to easy to maneuver around for the buyers benefit.

What really sucks is when they return a item but stole certain pieces from it.

MattTweeks
05-07-2016, 01:32 PM

xhunter
05-07-2016, 05:18 PM
eBay always side with buyers, I don't think there's anything you can do. Hope you win the case though.

I've had eBay side with me as the seller. They just side with the buyer far more frequently.

MattTweeks
05-07-2016, 06:08 PM

xhunter
05-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Xhunter,

Do you think my evidence is enough? They said they won't usually consider evidence outside of eBay but what I have shown is far too obvious to ignore

I've never dealt with evidence outside of eBay. They probably won't consider it.