PDA

View Full Version : US forwarding services - any experience?

zyntex
05-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Hey guys and girls,

I want to buy an item in an online shop based in the US however the shipping to Germany would be 2/3 of the item itself ($55 shipping)ö.

I found out about forwarding services online which looks quite nice.

For example, this caught my attention: https://www.shipito.com/

Anyone ever used (this) one of these and has any experience to share with me?

leonemesis
05-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Shipito works fine, but I´d recommend only using it if you intend to buy from the US frequently. It works for me as I buy a lot of stuff and consolidate a bunch of games in a single box, then I save on shipping. It often costs me 60-70 bucks for a 2-3kg package, but it depends on how many items you are consolidating as the fees for each escalate.

If you prefer you can do a single package forwarding which they will charge you a flat rate fee, but in this case I don´t think you get a good deal as you still have to pay for shipping of a single item and depending on weight it can be expensive.

If the shop you want to purchase from doesn´t ship internationally, I´d suggest checking ebay to see whether anyone has it and ships international, would probably be cheaper.

Alternatively you can ask around and check whether a US member can help you, I´m sure there are some who don´t mind doing this.