PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted 2 Folio question about seal

Veggz
07-02-2016, 12:16 AM
Hello everyone! :)

I got something real special in the mail today, I swore that I would never buy this, but I got it incredible cheap so of course I had to buy it. It's the U2 folio artbook.

My question is, did this come originally with the book sealed? I thought only the cover for the book was sealed, and not the book inside. Mine came with the book sealed, so I would appreciate if someone knows something about this :)

Also, is the certificate of authenticity located inside the book? Haven't seen mine, but haven't opened the seal yet. Kind of scared it is lost haha.

Anyways here are two pictures of the sealed book, and thanks in advance for any help :)

http://i.imgur.com/xsbFpcV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hsA2gEV.jpg

0329liuken
07-02-2016, 04:51 AM
Didn't know if U2 folio was sealed or not but GoW 3 folio was sealed. They were made by the same publisher so I think they should be the same.

I think the certificate should be in the book, but not 100% sure.

Just realized I didn't answer any of your questions lol

the_tester
07-02-2016, 10:50 AM
The outer case was sealed but not the book itself.

Id open the book to check if the certificate is inside as its been sealed by somebody other than ballistic.

PulpSuicide
07-02-2016, 01:33 PM
here is your answer sir

https://youtu.be/HAUjoi0Uq5E?t=2m20s

Veggz
07-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys! Guess it's no need to keep it in the plastic then haha. The wrap was not very good eighter so guess I had my doubts to it beeing original. Really hope that darn certificate is inside

Cosmic_Link
07-02-2016, 10:53 PM
So was the certificate inside your book?

Also, mind me asking what you paid for it?

Veggz
07-02-2016, 11:46 PM
So was the certificate inside your book?

Also, mind me asking what you paid for it?

It's funny that you asked because....

No, no the certificate was not inside the book hahah. I guess I knew that when I knew the seal wasn't original, why else seal a book like this.
I can't understand what person manages to lose the certificate though. Well, it's still limited to 200 so I don't care that much

I don't mind you asking at all, I paid AU$100 for the book and paid AU$80 for shipping, so I paid a total of 120 Euro.

Anyone know what it would be worth without the certificate? Probably the only one in the world that have lost it's certificate, so that's something I guess lol :scratch:

Cosmic_Link
07-03-2016, 12:38 AM
That's a shame about the certificate. :( Can't complain at the price though. It's still a very limited item no matter what way you look at it! Nice find! :thumb:

Veggz
07-03-2016, 12:48 AM
That's a shame about the certificate. :( Can't complain at the price though. It's still a very limited item no matter what way you look at it! Nice find! :thumb:

Yeah it kind of sucks :(
Thanks! Yeah it's still an awesome piece to have that I never thought I would own :D

Chargersfan57
07-03-2016, 09:55 PM
It's really incredible that you got it at that price! Congrats on acquiring a nice piece!

Veggz
07-03-2016, 10:27 PM
It's really incredible that you got it at that price! Congrats on acquiring a nice piece!

Thank you! Yeah I'm really happy about the price!

Matrix6
07-04-2016, 11:28 AM
That's an awesome score! Really cheap considering they were US$300+shipping! Absolutely nothing wrong with it albeit missing cert. The seller could have shrink wrapped the clamshell case as well lol

Veggz
07-04-2016, 07:40 PM
That's an awesome score! Really cheap considering they were US$300+shipping! Absolutely nothing wrong with it albeit missing cert. The seller could have shrink wrapped the clamshell case as well lol

Thanks! Yeah it was awesome to get it a lot cheaper than what the msrp actually was! :D

Haha lol, yeah I don't think it was the seller that shrink wrapped this, it seemed as she didn't really know much about this!

Chargersfan57
07-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure she had no idea what she had whatsoever. That book rarely comes up for sale and sells for far more than what you got it for. So again, congrats to you!