PDA

View Full Version : Come on then - closest game to Pokemon you have ever played?

huntrodz
07-22-2016, 11:22 PM
I'm looking for some suggestions on games that are similar to Pokemon? Only thing that I have ever played that I can remember is Enchanted arms on 360.

Surely there has to be more?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnightOfTruth
07-23-2016, 11:54 AM
My first gut reaction was, "whaa?? Enchanted arms is NOTHING like Pokemon...", but then it came back to me, and you're totally right! There was a pokemon-esque aspect to it!

g6t9ed
07-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I've played neither of these but wanted to throw the suggestion out there. They may not even be for adults but neither is Pokemon if you were to ask them what they thought was their original intended audience was when it first launched but my suggestions would be either Yo-Kai Watch or Digimon? Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

huntrodz
07-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Thanks will take a look at yo-Kai looks interesting!

Re Enchanted Arms....The only thing it had that was Similar really was capturing and battling monsters pretty much everything else that I can remember was different. It was a long time ago when I played it.

I honestly can't seem to find many games of this nature at all. You'd think after he success of Pokemon other publishers would have tried their own at a similar thing.....

Seesternmann
07-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Maybe Lost Magic for Nintendo DS ?

Lost Magic is a mixture of RPG and real-time strategy that was released in 2006. Lost Magic combines two interesting elements that create an interesting and fun gameplay experience.

Players play as a mage and as such must rely on casting various magic spells by drawing rune shapes on the DS touch screen. The power of the spell is also effected by how accurately the rune is drawn, with more powerful spells being tougher to draw. The variety of spell combinations offers players many different gameplay options to create a massive depth of gameplay.

Players can also capture various monsters and use them to aid the player in battle. Most enemies that the player encounters can be captured and then used to fight in a later battle. For the most part, monster control is computer-controlled, but players can issue some basic commands such as who to attack. Players can also equip items to increase their power.

The game is pretty cheap; in Germany I can get a complete but used copy in (very) good condition for about 6€. It might be worth a look. :)

huntrodz
07-25-2016, 11:02 AM
Maybe Lost Magic for Nintendo DS ?

The game is pretty cheap; in Germany I can get a complete but used copy in (very) good condition for about 6€. It might be worth a look. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, it looks pretty interesting and considering how cheap
It is I will defiantly pick it up!