PDA

View Full Version : Need a small favor..

BAD-WAYNE
08-05-2016, 11:34 PM
So I purchased the Life-size Big Daddy and Little Sister statues from a place called Cineshop-Museum in France back in early May. They were supposed to be here the middle of June, then I was told the ship was delayed and it would be the first week of August, then they didn't respond for a couple weeks and was told they would contact the shipping company...that was three weeks ago and I still haven't heard from them. They are supposedly a reputable company that deals with rare movies and Life-size Statues so I don't think they are a hoax but three months, no replies and $7000 USD on the line I'm starting to freak out.

Would someone mind just going to their website and emailing them (or if you're in France and speak french calling them) just to verify someone is there? If they reply to you then I know they are purposely avoiding me. Just inquire about something on their website, no need to bring up my situation. I just want to know if they reply.

Here is the website link, the "contact us" link is at the bottom and top of the homepage:

http://www.cineshop-museum.com/indexus.cfm

If you choose to email from the states I believe they are 7 hrs ahead of CST and they never responded on weekends so it will likely be Monday or Tuesday before you get a response.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Exohain
08-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Emailed them asking about a different statue (because I quite like their spiderman)

Will let you know if I get a reply.

BAD-WAYNE
08-05-2016, 11:43 PM
Emailed them asking about a different statue (because I quite like their spiderman)

Will let you know if I get a reply.
Thanks a lot...they never responded on the weekend so it will likely be Monday or Tuesday.

Deathhound
08-06-2016, 09:20 AM
I can try writing about the Little Sister (which is what I'm missing haha) and see, if someone will respond as soon as possible.

BAD-WAYNE
08-06-2016, 09:52 AM
I can try writing about the Little Sister (which is what I'm missing haha) and see, if someone will respond as soon as possible.
Appreciate it, let me know if you hear back from them.

Deathhound
08-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Hey Bad-Wayne,

I've got an answer half an hour ago. Did you receive yours yet?

Exohain
08-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Appreciate it, let me know if you hear back from them.

Hey mate,

Just got a reply from them, told me lead time would be about 15-20 days for the statue I was enquiring about, plus shipping time. so they're still answering emails.

Try and contact them again?

BAD-WAYNE
08-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Hey Bad-Wayne,

Nope, still no answer...was the guy's name Alex?

BAD-WAYNE
08-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Hey mate,

Just got a reply from them, told me lead time would be about 15-20 days for the statue I was enquiring about, plus shipping time. so they're still answering emails.

Try and contact them again?
Not a peep from them...was the guy's name Alex?

Exohain
08-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Not a peep from them...was the guy's name Alex?

Yeah, full email below:

Hello Kane,

First of all, we sincerely thank you for your interest.

Next, about your question, the "Amazing Spider-Man" is available under 15 to 20 days.
The shipping cost to UK is 150 EUR.

We hope to have informed you, but do not hesitate to recontact us if you have another question.

Regards,
Alex - CineShop-Museum.

BAD-WAYNE
08-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Yeah, full email below:
I paid 1850 EURO just for shipping to the US...that's on top of 4000 EURO for the statues.

BAD-WAYNE
08-23-2016, 10:45 PM
Yeah, full email below:
Just wanted to say thanks for the help and give you an update. They have yet to respond to my inquiries so I was forced to file a dispute with PayPal. They also never replied to PayPal so PayPal ruled in my favor and fortunately they (paypal not Cineshop-Museum) a refund (minus conversion fees and such)...I would steer clear of these guys.

BAD-WAYNE
08-23-2016, 10:46 PM
Hey Bad-Wayne,

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and give you an update. They have yet to respond to my inquiries so I was forced to file a dispute with PayPal. They also never replied to PayPal so PayPal ruled in my favor and fortunately they (paypal not Cineshop-Museum) a refund (minus conversion fees and such)...I would steer clear of these guys.

Exohain
08-23-2016, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what was going on with this.

Glad you got it sorted, shame that it resulted in a refund rather than you getting what you ordered :/

BAD-WAYNE
08-23-2016, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the update, I was wondering what was going on with this.

Glad you got it sorted, shame that it resulted in a refund rather than you getting what you ordered :/
That's definitely the biggest bummer. I'm fortunate to have been able to recover the funds but more than anything I just wanted the statues. I've wanted these for nearly 10 years and as an anniversary gift my wife bought them, just to screwed over...maybe I'll get lucky and they will still show up some day.