PDA

View Full Version : Another damaged item. Sad... What would you do in my position?

Saturn
11-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Hey guys. I always feel sad whenever I receive something important that comes damaged. I'm sure many of you know what it's like.

I've bought a Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Press Kit. These are numbered individually, limited to 1000 copies and come with the promo version of the game. The item was listed on eBay as Like New, the seller is from the UK and has 100% positive feedback with over 700 votes.

It came very well packed in a sturdy box with styrofoam but as soon as I opened the package I noticed a badly damaged corner (the bottom left corner of the lid). Looking at the outer package, it could not have been made during transit. Just to make sure, I went to check the auction and see if there was any information about this on the auction. However, there's no single reference to the damage in the auction and I just realized all the pictures do not show that particular corner.

This is the link to the auction:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322304965463?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is my picture of the damaged corner:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Real_Saturn/P_20161111_144414_zpsbvqoflhc.jpg~original

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/Real_Saturn/P_20161111_144426_zps2cxfufvr.jpg~original

What's your opinion? Do you agree the damage was already there? I'm very convinced it was but still...

I don't know what drives someone with such a high feedback rating on eBay try to deceive potential buyers in order to try to get a higher price for a rare collectible. I wouldn't be capable of doing something like that to anyone on purpose, but I guess honesty is hard to find nowadays. For multiple reasons, I feel sad. I usually get pretty mad and irritated, but this time I am pretty calm and sad with that feeling that I was played for a fool.

What would you do in my place? I love the item but this is not cool. I'm used to go through s*** like this but right now I'm not in the mood and decided to hear some opinions first...

Thanks.

GameTrigger
11-11-2016, 02:59 PM
I went to check the auction and see if there was any information about this on the auction. However, there's no single reference to the damage in the auction and I just realized all the pictures do not show that particular corner.

This is the link to the auction:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322304965463?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I checked auction and you can see that damage on second photo:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/e74AAOSw44BYDk8x/s-l1600.jpg
Did seller added that later?

Saturn
11-11-2016, 03:39 PM
I don't remember seeing that before. I might have missed it though, but I honestly don't remember any damage. I remember seeing multiple pictures of the box opened and a picture of the lid. I'm not sure how I would miss that.

ah well... might as well think of a way to fix that corner... :(

Mr. T & F
11-11-2016, 03:52 PM
In case the seller added the photo later there should be an edit history like this one from another auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=152310586624&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2569

...but there is no history which means the photo was already uploaded when the auction was created. It sucks but there is nothing you can do about it. Only learn from it that some ebay sellers do not mention any damage in the description in hope you will not check the photos in detail. its very tricky so you should always check the photos in detail before bidding. sorry :(

edit: You are the dude who made the "how to fix loose discs for sealed ps4 games" video guide? :D

Saturn
11-11-2016, 04:18 PM
edit: You are the dude who made the "how to fix loose discs for sealed ps4 games" video guide? :D

Yes, I am. That was a quick way to change the subject lol.

BitWraith
11-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Same thing happened to my Civ. 6 from Amazon. Fortunately, they gave me a partial refund after I complained.

goonergaz
11-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Yes, though the picture shows the damage the description is not accurate. I would Contact the seller under a relevant header and make a 'gentle complaint' in the first instance stating it was not clear and if no joy escalate to eBay and let them decide.

People do try to do this on purpose to maximise money in and hope for no complaint, but if theres a complaint they have more money to refund!

When listing I believe there is a message warning that 'like new' should only be used for something where it seems that all that's happened is a seal broken. If the seller used that and mentioned the damage then fine, if he had said 'used' the fine...but they didn't.

The only reason I might not is if price is very good so it is listed with that in mind...but even with a good price I would contact seller and an apology might be enough.

GameTrigger
11-12-2016, 12:32 PM
One more strange thing if you look seller and Saturn photos about damage - has seller "re-painted" corner with black marker?

Cosmic_Link
11-12-2016, 01:26 PM
One more strange thing if you look seller and Saturn photos about damage - has seller "re-painted" corner with black marker?

I was going to point out the same thing. It looks like the item has been altered since taking the photos. As it was in the pictures, I don't think you're going to have any luck with it. Since you got the item at a good price, I would chalk this one up to a learning experience. I paid more than that for mine and I didn't get the promo copy of the game. >.< Still trying to hunt this down. :(

It is a very nice edition though. :D May I ask what number you got?

Also, if anybody sees this and has a promo copy of the game for sale, please do let me know. :D

Edit:

Judging by this completed listing (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Naruto-Shippuden-Ultimate-Ninja-Storm-4-PS4-press-kit-complete-promo-item-game-/142116852771?hash=item2116d31423:g:cbMAAOSwTZ1XlQD n), in the US it didn't come with a promo copy of the game, but a retail copy instead? The PK I got was exactly the same package as this, but with out a game. o.0 The other items besides the black box were included in the CE too?

goonergaz
11-12-2016, 07:29 PM
Pretty clear, like I said - this is not advertised correctly,

"Like New: An item that looks like it has just been taken out of its shrink wrap. No visible wear, and the item is flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

Pretty clear, if you're upset complain...but like I said - be nice and just explain you're a collector then if no joy escalate.

One time I bought a controller for £60, it was advertised as mint - less than 3 mths old - but when I got it one of the thumbs were broken, I contacted the seller and he agreed to 'sort me out' at the end of the month. Long story short he then ignored me so I escalated, initially I would have been happy with £10 back but as he messed me around I filed a complaint through paypal asking for half the money back - and they rulled in my favour.

The buyer has all the power.