PDA

View Full Version : Loot Crate - Your thoughts? -- Photos added!

WaxWeazle
11-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Hey all :)

I was wondering what your personal thoughts were about the loot crates.
Do you like them? Or maybe not at all?
Care to share your thoughts and why?

I recently thought I'd get myself the South Park Special Edition Loot Crate (20th Anniversary) and I must say, I am sincérely disappointed...

I just wrote a complaint mail to lootcrate because I feel like I got ripped off pretty bad. I thought I'd share my complaint, see if anybody else got the same crate and if they did(n't) like it due to certain reasons. Underneath my complaint you can find their reply.

Photos of the box and its content - Link also added to my "sent message" for ease
http://imgur.com/a/cIZ75

Hello.

I received my crate and am honestly thoroughly disappointed.

Firstly, the box was just sent as is; there's NO packaging at all around it, sticker on the actual loot crate itself and that's it. Due to that, the box has ripped and there's a lot of wear and tear signs on it. A fun way to receive a package as a collector when that box itself is supposedly a part of the crate as well. I added photos in a zip file if you are interested about how it looks. (-- adding imgur link for ease for CE.org http://imgur.com/a/cIZ75 )

Second, the items inside are honestly a disappointment. There are so many things about South Park, it's a brilliant show, it has so much amazing things around and about it. The vinyl pop looks cheap and doesn't even look like an actual proper Mr. Chaos; the helmet looks like it's a butter helmet on the vinyl pop, while it's clear that his hat is made of tin foil. It wasn't even painted silver-ish/grey-ish to make it at least LOOK like a tin foil.

Third point, there's only 2 items that I feel were a nice item for the crate and only 1 of those actually makes me feel like it is exclusive, which is the 20th anniversary coin. The second item that I liked is the Clyde Frog plush toy.
What I don't like, is the fact that the ONLY item that feels exclusive is the coin.
I'm quite sure I can buy brown baking molds and call them Chef's molds, it's not hard to find a Clyde Frog nor is it hard to make your own printed "school bus".
There's LITERALLY another vinyl figure from kidrobot for sale of Butters' Mr. Chaos, which IS colored properly.

Fourth; it's overpriced. I already had to pay DOUBLE the price, since I'm from Europe, which I can understand (with the sending and import costs), but the whole thing is overpriced; not just for the items, but also the quality of the delivery. If it would've been boxed and protected properly, I wouldn't mind paying so much. I rather pay more and have undamaged goods arrive, even if the goods are a bit disappointing.

Fifth and last point;
When I check my paypal ticket, it clearly states "Your purchase - Be South Park Crate 06 Month Subscription 119,99 USD".
06 month subscription? I buy a single box and I have to pay for a 6 month subscription? Does this mean I'll receive another 5 crates then? I think I'm safe to assume that's not going to be the case, then this is false information as well on the ticket.

I wasn't expecting some 2000-dollar worthy items or anything special, don't get me wrong; I'd be sincerely happy with small items, if they were properly thought through and actually were exclusive.

There's just so much about the series, the characters, the setup that you could use and it feels like being ripped off when you get baking molds with a carton around it with Chef's face on it, when I can easily buy the same ones online (in brown!) and they'll be just the same.

Sincerely (disappointed),
Kevin

Their reply;

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear you didn’t connect with the South Park crate! We have several core goals with each crate we create. The first goal is to find great product from classic time tested favorite franchises. The second is to introduce Looters to the best new and emerging properties. And lastly, we try to way over deliver on value, while focusing thought and energy into the content and theme.

Our team works long and hard to curate each crate that we hope everyone will love, but we understand we aren’t going to hit the nail on the head for all our Looters.

We listen closely and appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you thought of this month’s crate, and I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the rest of the team.

As for the "subscription" that is just for records keeping, and that will not renew as this is a one time crate.

Lastly, I reviewed the photos you sent, and do not show sufficient damage to that crate, so we are unable to replace that, so I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks!

GameTrigger
11-25-2016, 03:20 PM
IMO most loot crates are crap...

WaxWeazle
11-25-2016, 03:23 PM
IMO most loot crates are crap...
Well, I nosed around and they looked like some had interesting items.
I was mainly excited because I love South Park and was hoping for some interesting gimmicks. Not the cheap arse stuff this box had...

goonergaz
11-25-2016, 03:24 PM
yeah, they're cool if you have spare cash and want to get a surprise themed gift for someone. got the zavvi dr who one for our daughter, was pretty good.

Joel Nigma
11-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Honestly, any items that are in the lootcrate packages that I want like the Overwatch Exclusive Trace Funko or the Uncharted 4 poster I look for on ebay. I don't buy Lootcrate boxes and it seems like a gamble to me.

vhal_x
11-25-2016, 07:35 PM
The Fallout 4 one was a bit disappointing too, the bag was something that I'm pretty sure was available elsewhere, the small poster(s) (can't remember if there was more than one) were pretty much something you could just print out yourself and the Dogmeat plushie isn't even exclusive (as can be bought separately on the Bethesda store).

Utter dogshit, really. Have also given up with the monthly sub too x

Mike1888
11-25-2016, 07:40 PM
I signed up for LootCrate a year or 2 ago. There was some sort of a deal that made me think it'd be worth trying but I cancelled after just a few crates. The items are junk.

I guess as collectors we have a higher standard than most.

Dreamcazman
11-26-2016, 09:31 AM
While not technically a 'loot crate' I did pick up the Dead Space 3 Dev-Team edition & the Wolfenstein Panzerhood edition from Treehouse and were very pleased with both of them. I consider them a CE but without the game.

The other loot kits like the Fallout 4 one I feel are just some crappy merchandise you can buy anywhere & chucked together in a box. Not my cup of tea. :nea:

WaxWeazle
11-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Well, I got a reply to my ticket. I'll add it to the toppost as well.
I really don't get their minds... I'm never giving even a cent to them.

Sent them photos of my box which is pretty dented and has a tear in it as well on a corner, it's PART OF THE ACTUAL BOX. I did not ask for a replacement, just stated how horrible it is that it's not even sent protected, just the actual package itself, sending stickers on it and done. Wow..

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear you didn’t connect with the South Park crate! We have several core goals with each crate we create. The first goal is to find great product from classic time tested favorite franchises. The second is to introduce Looters to the best new and emerging properties. And lastly, we try to way over deliver on value, while focusing thought and energy into the content and theme.

Our team works long and hard to curate each crate that we hope everyone will love, but we understand we aren’t going to hit the nail on the head for all our Looters.

We listen closely and appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you thought of this month’s crate, and I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the rest of the team.

As for the "subscription" that is just for records keeping, and that will not renew as this is a one time crate.

Lastly, I reviewed the photos you sent, and do not show sufficient damage to that crate, so we are unable to replace that, so I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Should you have any other questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks!

Dreamcazman
11-26-2016, 10:15 AM
Fuck 'em, I wouldn't give them any more money either, especially with a shitty attitude like that.

btw, can you post the pictures?

WaxWeazle
11-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Fuck 'em, I wouldn't give them any more money either, especially with a shitty attitude like that.

btw, can you post the pictures?
Yeah, I'm not giving them anything anymore, definitely a waste of money..

Sure thing!
Added photos of all the content too so you can see for yourself.
I only really liked the Clyde Frog plush and the coin, where the coin was the only thing that makes me feel like this is exclusive.
http://imgur.com/a/cIZ75

I CAN understand if there's people who say "that's quite alright though" but for me personally this is bullshit; the box was NOT protected, labels are stickers that're just stuck to it, there's NO protection whatsoever for the box, it looks as if it's been on a shelf for a long time already and has a rip (which you can see in one of the photos, near a corner). And that costs 60 in shipping? (incl. import costs, but still waaayyy too expensive)
Not to mention that probably most items are easy to find yourself online.. And some of them are just bullshit (the tape, the molds, the "bus with stickers-box", the "exclusive" vinyl Mr. Chaos, of which one's literally being sold WITH proper colors..)

Gazereths
11-26-2016, 12:28 PM
The only one I ever got was the Mass Effect one, it had reasonable items but nothing that wasn't available separately, hoody, backpack, plush toy, badges etc. The best part was the N7 car badge that I had on my old PC. That was also just sent with a shipping label on the actual box, pretty crap really, at least put it in one of those shipping bags.

Edit - That pin with Randy Marsh's cancerous balls was worth the price alone :P

Mike1888
11-26-2016, 06:25 PM
Yeah is there a place to buy that Randy cancer balls pin separately? I want some