PDA

View Full Version : Videogames G4 Steelbook/MetalPack/Etc. List

ihadmail
04-22-2018, 09:06 PM
This is an ongoing work in progress. I will update it as I have new information. Please feel free to add any suggestions, comments or upcoming releases I haven't found yet. I am noting all variations of all releases that I have found.

Released Steelbooks

Battle Chef Brigade (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2000 Print Run)
Bayonetta 1&2 Non-Stop Climax Edition (JP Release)(Holds both cartridges)
Bayonetta 1&2 Special Edition (EU/AU Release)
Big Bash Boom (AU Release)(EB Games Preorder Bonus)
Celeste (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2500 Print Run)
Daemon X Machina (EU Release)
Fire Emblem Three Houses (US Release)(EU Release)
Fire Emblem Three Houses (JP Relase)(Variant)
Furi (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2000 print run)
Ghost Blade HD (Asia Release)(Play-Asia Exclusive)(3000 Print Run)
Giga Wrecker (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2000 Print Run)
Kingdom: New Lands (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2000 print run)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (EU Release)
Lego DC Super Villains Deluxe Edition (US/UK/CA/AU)(Gamestop/Game/EBGames Preorder Bonus)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (US Release)(Best Buy Exclusive)
Mercenary Kings / Flinthook (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(3000 print run)(Holds both cartridges)
Night Trap (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(3000 print run)
Omega Labrinth Life (ASIA Release)
PixelJunk Monsters 2 (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2500 Print Run)
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Evee (JP Release)(7-11 Preorder Exclusive)(US Re-Release)(Best Buy Exclusive)
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(3000 Print Run)
RXN -RAIJIN- (ASIA Release)(Play-Asia Exclusive)(3000 print run)
Saturday Morning RPG (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2500 print run)
Slime-San (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2500 print run)
Super Mario Maker 2 (UK Release)(Russia Release)
Super Smash Bros Ultimate (EU Preorder Bonus/Best Buy & Gamestop US bundle)
Thumper (US Release)(Limited Run Games)(2000 print run)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition (US Release)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Collector's Edition (EU Release)

Released FuturePak/MetalPak/ETC

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Collector's Edition (US Release)/BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Limited Edition (ASIA Release)(MetalPak)
Caladrius Blaze (ASIA Release)(Slip Cover)
Flashback 25th Anniversary (EU/US Release)(MetalPack)(40,000 print run)
Shining Resonance Refrain Draconic Launch Edition (US Release)(EU Release)(Metal Slip Case)
Super Neptunia RPG (US Release)(EU Release)(MetalPak)
Teslagrad (US Release)(LRG non numbered release)(Tin Case)

Confirmed release, Confirmed size

Close to the Sun (UK Release)(Wired Productions Exclusive)(FuturePak)(1000 print run)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (EU Release)(AU Release)(Glow in the Dark)
Pokemon Sword/Shield Dual Pack (EU Release)(Holds both cardridges)
Pokemon Sword (UK Release)(ShopTo preorder bonus)
Pokemon Shield (UK Release)(ShopTo preorder bonus)

Confirmed release, Unconfirmed size

Darksiders Genesis CE (US Release)(EU Release)

Close but not a Case

Protection

Standard Case (RetroProtection.com (https://retroprotection.com/Switch-Standard-Size-Video-Game-Protectors_c260.htm))
Standard Case (LimitedRunGames.com (https://www.limitedrungames.com/products/protective-case-vita?variant=7397564317749))

ihadmail
04-22-2018, 09:07 PM
Images

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

https://i.imgur.com/gAqEr2M.jpg

Bayonetta / Bayonetta 2 (EU)
https://i.imgur.com/5zzIAP0.jpg

Bayonetta / Bayonetta 2 (JP)
https://i.imgur.com/piaATXa.jpg

Mercenary Kings / Flinthook
Concept Art*
https://i.imgur.com/FSNFL7B.jpg

PixelJunk Monsters 2
Concept Art*
https://i.imgur.com/daLWfrP.jpg

Saturday Morning RPG
Concept Art*
https://i.imgur.com/9mpZVYC.jpg

Slime-San
Concept Art*
https://i.imgur.com/xIJnPAI.jpg

Pokemon Let's Go!
Concept Art*
http://img.omni7.jp/cm/0001/sc_image/inc/pc/special/180713pokemon/poke_tokuten.jpg

origammirip789
04-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Flashback is a metalpack if I am not wrong. And why do you put BlazBlue twice ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihadmail
04-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Change Log:

04/22/18 - Corrections, added links to pre-orders.
04/23/18 - Updated availability, added protection section.
04/27/18 - Added purchase date for Saturday Morning RPG.
04/29/18 - Moved Flashback to confirmed size, added print run size.
05/04/18 - Updated the link to the Arc System Works store for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Collector's Edition.
05/07/18 - Moved both releases of BBTag to confirmed size. Added more sources for Flashback 25th Anniversary.
05/10/18 - Added the newest LRG announcement of a mystery title to the confirmed list.
05/12/18 - Updated the LRG mystery game details.
05/15/18 - Updated title and release of LRG mystery game (PixelJunk Monsters 2). Added Images section.
05/18/18 - Moved PixelJunk Monsters 2 to Released.
05/29/18 - Moved Saturday Morning RPG to Released.
06/01/18 - Added Slime-San to the Confirmed list.
06/06/18 - Added available quantity to Slime-San. Added Slime-San image. Moved BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Collector's Edition to Released. Moved BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Limited Edition to Released.
06/08/18 - Moved Slime-San to Released.
06/12/18 - Added Kingdom: New Lands to the Confirmed list. Updated release date and added US release info for Flashback 25th Anniversary.
06/20/18 - Added available quantity to Kingdom: New Lands.
06/22/18 - Moved Kingdom: New Lands to Released.
07/03/18 - Merged BBCTB CE (US) and LE (ASIA) after confirming the metal case is identical. Moved Flashback 25th Anniversary to released. Added Night Trap and Thumper to Confirmed Releases.
07/13/18 - Moved Night Trap to Released. Added Pokemon Let's Go! to confirmed.
07/17/18 - Moved Shining Resonance Refrain to Released.
07/26/18 - Moved Thumper to Released. Added available quantity to Thumper.
08/03/18 - Added Lego DC Super Villains Deluxe Edition to Confirmed list.
08/09/18 - Added Super Smash Bros Ultimate to Confirmed list.
08/27/18 - Added links for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Added RXN -RAIJIN- to Confirmed List.
08/30/18 - Moved RXN -RAIJIN- to Released. Added more links to Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
09/10/18 - Added Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition Special Edition to confirmed release, unconfirmed size list.
09/11/18 - Removed Tales of Vesperia due to not being G4 size.
09/13/18 - Added Furi to Confirmed list.
09/17/18 - Moved Furi to Released.
10/05/18 - Added Big Bash Boom to Confirmed list.
10/19/18 - Moved LEGO DC Super Villains Deluxe to Released.
11/06/18 - Added Battle Chef Brigade to Confirmed list.
11/12/18 - Moved Battle Chef Brigade to Released.
11/16/18 - Moved Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Evee to Released.
12/02/18 - Moved Big Bash Boom to Released.
12/08/18 - Moved Super Smash Bros. to Released.
01/01/19 - Added Celeste to Released.
06/26/19 - Large update added a lot.
07/05/19 - Added Daemon X Machina to Confirmed list.
07/09/19 - Added Pokemon Sword, adder Pokemon Shield to Confirmed list.
07/23/19 - Moved Caladarius Blaze and Teslagrad to Released.
07/25/19 - Added Darksiders Genesis to Confirmed list.
09/09/19 - Added Ghost Blade HD to Confirmed list.
09/12/19 - Added Close to the Sun to Confirmed list. Moved Ghost Blade to Released.
09/15/19 - Added Bloodstained Ritual Of the Night, Added Brigandine Lunazia Senki to Confirmed List. Reorganized into alphabetical order and categories.
09/17/19 - Removed Bloodstained and Brigandine from Confirmed list.
09/21/19 - Moved Link's Awakening to Released list.

ihadmail
04-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Flashback is a metalpack if I am not wrong.

To my knowledge Steelbook is the only company currently producing metal cases in the G4 size. If Flashback isn't indeed a G4 size, or a Steelbook, I will remove/annotate once I receive my copy.

And why do you put BlazBlue twice ?

There are two distinct versions of the game that include Steelbook, as I've seen with other releases there is a high potential for variations in the Steelbook between the two releases. Again, once I receive my copies and/or confirmation on size and variations I will update the OP.

Your post was ill timed for my reservations also :wave:

origammirip789
04-22-2018, 09:21 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180422/ef6d09943bad710eace4a8dd71f56af8.jpg
Yep, it’s a metalpack.

Sorry what is a reservation?

ihadmail
04-22-2018, 09:34 PM
I see the difference in the hinge now. Thanks.

I intended for my post that says "change log" to be directly below the previous post of mine. It's not a real issue.

origammirip789
04-22-2018, 09:35 PM
I see the difference in the hinge now. Thanks.

I intended for my post that says "change log" to be directly below the previous post of mine. It's not a real issue.

Oh, I think it will be better to do like SBCollectorAl does. Just post updates at the end so we can sync our lists accordingly :)

ihadmail
04-24-2018, 01:09 AM
The Mercenary Kings / Flinthook dual Steelbook is sold out. Your only hope to get one now will be on eBay around August when they ship from LRG.

I've added links to the two sources I've found for the clear protective cases. They both appear to be the same exact cases. Feel free to let me know of any other sources you've found for G4 sized protection and I'll add them too.

SBCollectorAl
04-24-2018, 10:03 PM
I've got a question. Do you still want me to update the G4-list?

ihadmail
04-25-2018, 09:07 AM
I've got a question. Do you still want me to update the G4-list?

I’d say that would be unnecessary. I wasn’t able to find your section at the end of your G2 list with a google search, and didn’t even notice it was there until after I made this thread.

It won’t hurt my feelings any if you do continue adding the releases to your list though. I intend to keep this thread up to date throughout the lifespan of the Switch.

Would you all be interested in me adding detailed photos of the releases as I receive them? This would help identify the different variations in some releases. I can hide the images beind spoiler tags to keep the thread from becoming too cluttered.

SBCollectorAl
04-25-2018, 05:51 PM
I’d say that would be unnecessary. I wasn’t able to find your section at the end of your G2 list with a google search, and didn’t even notice it was there until after I made this thread.

It won’t hurt my feelings any if you do continue adding the releases to your list though. I intend to keep this thread up to date throughout the lifespan of the Switch.

Would you all be interested in me adding detailed photos of the releases as I receive them? This would help identify the different variations in some releases. I can hide the images beind spoiler tags to keep the thread from becoming too cluttered.

I haven't opened a thread for the G4-list because there are only a few steelbooks at the moment available so I added those few to the G2-list and I can't change the thread-title.

ihadmail
04-27-2018, 10:27 PM
Saturday Morning RPG Steelbook has been confirmed to release on 5/25/18.

Seesternmann
04-29-2018, 12:24 PM
Can someone pls make this thread sticky, so it shows up at the top of the thread list ?

@ihadmail
Thx very much for your effort, always nice to have a list to compare what you already own and what's missing! :)

ihadmail
05-04-2018, 09:03 PM
I have still been unable to get any information regarding the size of the Steelbook for either version of BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. So far I've asked Arc System Works, Play-Asia and Steelbook via email/Twitter/Facebook.

Play-Asia has reported that they are attempting to get this information from Arc System Works and are not getting a response either.

ihadmail
05-07-2018, 12:31 PM
A user on Reddit pointed out this Twitch stream that shows the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Collector's Edition Switch steel case alongside the PS4 steel case. It doesn't look to be a Steelbook to me, but I'm still kind of new to this and may be wrong. Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249332244 The cases are shown at 1:01:45.

Arc System Works also responded to my email and this is what they had to say about the American BBTag CE: "The Switch version of steel case is the size of the Switch game package. It is slightly bigger than the normal case due to the material, but it is almost the same size!"

I'm going to move both releases to the confirmed size category, and will be able to give a better update once I receive both my Asia and American releases.

GameTrigger
05-07-2018, 01:34 PM
A user on Reddit pointed out this Twitch stream that shows the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Collector's Edition Switch steel case alongside the PS4 steel case. It doesn't look to be a Steelbook to me, but I'm still kind of new to this and may be wrong. Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/249332244 The cases are shown at 1:01:45.

Yes, that isn't SteelBook - Metalpak Spine

ihadmail
05-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Limited Run Games sent out an email that their mystery Switch Collector's Edition game that's being offered for sale tomorrow will include a Steelbook. See the list for the link to current details.

riva128
05-11-2018, 01:26 PM
Limited Run Games sent out an email that their mystery Switch Collector's Edition game that's being offered for sale tomorrow will include a Steelbook. See the list for the link to current details.

404 PAGE NOT FOUND

canceled?

Cosmic_Link
05-11-2018, 05:12 PM
404 PAGE NOT FOUND

canceled?

According to theirs Facebook page, it has been delayed pending a proper reveal on Monday 14th with preordered on Friday 18th.

ihadmail
05-12-2018, 08:35 PM
I apologize for being late to update the first post.

LRG announced around Midnight EST on Thursday 5/10/18 that they had decided last minute to delay the mystery release after speaking with the game developer again.

It is HIGHLY speculated that this game will be PixelJunk Monsters 2. The placeholders had image names of PJM.jpg The developers of PJ Monsters had originally tweeted on 5/10/18 that the game would be getting a digital release, a lot of DLC and a special limited physical print run. Shortly after the LRG announcement, the PJ Monsters developer removed the tweeted image that announced the physical release.

We shall find out soon enough I suppose.

GameTrigger
05-15-2018, 06:47 AM
It is HIGHLY speculated that this game will be PixelJunk Monsters 2. The placeholders had image names of PJM.jpg The developers of PJ Monsters had originally tweeted on 5/10/18 that the game would be getting a digital release, a lot of DLC and a special limited physical print run. Shortly after the LRG announcement, the PJ Monsters developer removed the tweeted image that announced the physical release.
https://limitedrungames.com/products/switch-limited-run-4-surprise-collectors-edition-preorder

ihadmail
05-15-2018, 11:54 AM
Thank you for posting the link. I've updated the first post.
These tiny Steelbook print runs are going to get expensive for me.

ihadmail
06-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Limited Run Games has announced Slime-San as their next release with a Steelbook case. It's looking like EVERY LRG release will get a Steelbook in the CE. This will quickly become too much for me to care about trying to keep up with buying them all.

Gunmaster51
06-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I gave up. Not buying every G4 steelbook with the full game that I'll never play. I'm just gonna stick to collecting G2 steels.

Cosmic_Link
06-01-2018, 01:21 PM
It's funny you say that, because I haven't even received a CE for Switch from LRG yet and I'm already sick of them. >.< Steelbooks are nice, but I wish they weren't confined to a CE.

They should structure as Standard Ed, Steelbook Ed and CE should people want it.

I can see people losing steam with the Switch Steelbook CE thing. Especially as it has nearly been 1 per week so far. :(

ihadmail
06-07-2018, 01:56 AM
It’s looking like 2500 is going to be the standard print run for the LRG titles.

I’m ready for them to go ahead and announce Golf Story so I can buy a game I’m interested in playing instead of just grabbing the CE for the steelbooks.

ihadmail
06-08-2018, 01:05 AM
My BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle CE arrived in immaculate condition, miracously. There was a lot of empty space in the shipping box.

I’ve emailed Arc System Works ro try to confirm the manufacturer of the steel case. If it is MetalPak they’re using a different hinge than on the G2 (PS4/BluRay) sized cases.

I’m kind of sad that it’s a considerably thicker case than the Steelbooks, I’m not sure if it’ll fit in one of my protective sleeves.

ihadmail
06-12-2018, 12:10 PM
LRG has announced their next Steelbook availability. They also announced a lot of new Switch titles and I would expect all of them to get Steelbooks.

I received my Switch game display stands. Would you all like me to take actual photos of the Steelbooks/MetalPaks that I already have and replace the stock images in the image section?

ihadmail
06-21-2018, 12:54 AM
Kingdom: New Lands will be the smallest print run of a Switch steelbook to date.

ihadmail
07-02-2018, 03:04 PM
LRG just shared photos of some upcoming Steelbook proofs.

https://i.imgur.com/cfNBJT8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/720NLsM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qNfgQjl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NzuZznm.jpg

ihadmail
07-03-2018, 08:56 PM
I received my ASIA region BBCTB LE from Play-Asia today and confirmed that the metal case in this version is the same as the metal case in the US region CE.

ihadmail
07-13-2018, 04:25 PM
I was able to find a new Steelbook that's not from LRG! 7-11 in Japan will be including an exclusive Steelbook with pre-orders for Pokemon Let's Go! These are limited to one per customer and will only ship to a Japanese address. There is no information that I can find about maximum print run.

Cosmic_Link
07-13-2018, 09:09 PM
I was able to find a new Steelbook that's not from LRG! 7-11 in Japan will be including an exclusive Steelbook with pre-orders for Pokemon Let's Go! These are limited to one per customer and will only ship to a Japanese address. There is no information that I can find about maximum print run.

Sadly we don't have any Japanese members here who could help with this. You can also only get the steelbook by purchasing the bundle with the pokeball controller or the bundle with the switch console. :( If anybody manages to order from them to a forwarding company, please do let me know. I cannot get 7-11 to accept any of my cards. :(

https://img.omni7.jp/co/productimage/0001/product/43/2110607143/image/4500000208285_3_sub3_l.jpg

ihadmail
07-13-2018, 09:31 PM
I will be ordering one through Tenso. If 7-11 won't accept any of my cards I will just pay the premium for Tenso to purchase it for me, it'll still be cheaper than buying from eBay.

I am waiting on a response from Tenso to get my forwarding address details that are missing for the 7-11 sign up.

Cosmic_Link
07-13-2018, 09:37 PM
I will be ordering one through Tenso. If 7-11 won't accept any of my cards I will just pay the premium for Tenso to purchase it for me, it'll still be cheaper than buying from eBay.

I am waiting on a response from Tenso to get my forwarding address details that are missing for the 7-11 sign up.

I have also requested for a forwarding company to buy for me. Will see how this pans out. XD Have not used a Japanese forwarding company before. :think:

ihadmail
07-13-2018, 10:04 PM
I have also requested for a forwarding company to buy for me. Will see how this pans out. XD Have not used a Japanese forwarding company before. :think:

Which company did you try? I used Tenso to ship my Bayonetta 2 NSCE and it was around $60 shipping to the US for 2 copies and 2 of the "extras only" copies. They came packaged very well and were all in immaculate condition. Turns out I should have only ordered one of each.

A member of a FB group I'm in recommended I try FromJapan if Tenso can't help out.

ihadmail
07-26-2018, 04:27 PM
I am working with RetroProtection to try to get custom sized slip covers to fit the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle metal case and the Shining Resonance Refrain slip cover. If this happens it will most likely be a 1 time run with me purchasing all of them. I will sell to anyone here for actual cost plus actual shipping, no matter the quantity.

Cosmic_Link
07-26-2018, 05:15 PM
I am working with RetroProtection to try to get custom sized slip covers to fit the BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle metal case and the Shining Resonance Refrain slip cover. If this happens it will most likely be a 1 time run with me purchasing all of them. I will sell to anyone here for actual cost plus actual shipping, no matter the quantity.That would be nice. Would like a protective case for my Shining Resonance. Will it be to fit the metal case and the slip cover?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 SW using Tapatalk

ihadmail
08-03-2018, 02:04 PM
That would be nice. Would like a protective case for my Shining Resonance. Will it be to fit the metal case and the slip cover?

Even with me offering to personally buy a minimum of 100 of these Dan at RetroProtection was not interested in having any made.

Spect3r
08-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Even with me offering to personally buy a minimum of 100 of these Dan at RetroProtection was not interested in having any made.

The surprise would be if they had any interest. 100 is nothing to start a production.

ihadmail
08-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Game.es has listed a SSB steelbook as a preorder bonus. Only Spain residents can order.

https://i.imgur.com/Hrz436F.png

Codreanu
08-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Also availabe from Media Markt in Germany:
http://picscdn.redblue.de/doi/pixelboxx-mss-78137640/fee_786_587_png/Super-Smash-Bros.-Ultimate---inkl.-SteelBook-%5BNintendo-Switch%5D
http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_super-smash-bros-ultimate-inkl-steelbook-action-nintendo-switch-2440638.html?rbtc=aff|con|837813||p|Affiliate_Deep link-Generator|&publisher_id=837813&ad_number=160&ad_type=2&site=14665&publisher_subid=

Cosmic_Link
08-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Game.es has listed a SSB steelbook as a preorder bonus. Only Spain residents can order.

https://i.imgur.com/Hrz436F.png

Also availabe from Media Markt in Germany:
http://picscdn.redblue.de/doi/pixelboxx-mss-78137640/fee_786_587_png/Super-Smash-Bros.-Ultimate---inkl.-SteelBook-%5BNintendo-Switch%5D
http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_super-smash-bros-ultimate-inkl-steelbook-action-nintendo-switch-2440638.html?rbtc=aff|con|837813||p|Affiliate_Deep link-Generator|&publisher_id=837813&ad_number=160&ad_type=2&site=14665&publisher_subid=

Will anybody be offering a Group Buy for this?

ihadmail
08-10-2018, 12:36 AM
It’s shown up at a retailer in France also. Sorry I don’t ha e the link.

Here in Germany too: https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_super-smash-bros-ultimate-inkl-steelbook-action-2440638.html?ga_query=super%20smash%20bros%20ultim ate

I’ll round up all of the links and get them in the first post when I get back from vacation.

Seesternmann
08-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Will anybody be offering a Group Buy for this?

Also available in the UK for you guys :)

https://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-up-on-the-nintendo-uk-store-includes-a-steelbook/

GameTrigger
08-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Also available in the UK for you guys :)

https://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-up-on-the-nintendo-uk-store-includes-a-steelbook/
You get steelbook with regular game also:
https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-game/super-smash-bros.-ultimate-steelbook/11790659.html

ihadmail
08-23-2018, 05:20 PM
RXN -RAIJIN-
#002 PHYSICAL SWITCH RELEASE
COPIES AVAILABLE ONLY @ PLAY-ASIA.COM

PHYSICAL RELEASE SALE: AUGUST 30
11AM EDT/ 8AM PDT / 5PM CEST

RXN -RAIJIN- (NINTENDO SWITCH)

Collector’s Box
Game Cart (Region Free)
48-Page Artbook
Official Steelbook™
Full Color Manual
Numbered Certificate

Standard Edition: $39.99
Limited Edition: $49.99
Free shipping available worldwide!

3,000 Limited | 1,000 Standard Copies
Limited to 2 pieces per customer.

https://i.imgur.com/mA4jvBZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BXdkA09.jpg

ihadmail
08-27-2018, 03:31 AM
Video of the 7-11 exclusive Pokémon Lets Go! Steelbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw4h6OPdYmo&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Was anyone else here successful in getting one locked in?

smashfanDS
08-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Video of the 7-11 exclusive Pokémon Lets Go! Steelbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw4h6OPdYmo&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Was anyone else here successful in getting one locked in?
Yup, I got mine locked in. I used White Rabbit (first time using a Japanese forwarding service).

ihadmail
08-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Smash Steelbook and a special Pro Controller coming to the US, no further details at this time:

https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

Codreanu
08-28-2018, 04:38 AM
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate US Limited Edition is up on BestBuy, it'S $139.99
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-smash-bros-ultimate-limited-edition-nintendo-switch/6255361.p?skuId=6255361&ref=199&loc=qd9XcyEa3J0&acampID=1&siteID=qd9XcyEa3J0-TlWrOzg1iRwCBs_2wuC9wg&intl=nosplash

ihadmail
08-28-2018, 02:51 PM
Gamestop has listed the smash LE also: https://m.gamestop.com/product/nintendo-switch/games/super-smash-bros-ultimate-special-edition/167558

I’ll update the OP links when I get a chance.

ihadmail
09-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Super Rare Games is considering adding Steelbook as an option for their releases. George says to expect $10-15 additional fee and they will be an add on item. Go to Twitter to let him know how you feel about it.

https://twitter.com/superraregames/status/1038110819719045121?s=21

ihadmail
09-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is getting a special edition with a metalpack. I am waiting to hear back about whether the Switch version will be G4 sized or not.

GameTrigger
09-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is getting a special edition with a metalpack. I am waiting to hear back about whether the Switch version will be G4 sized or not.
https://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ToVDE-Init_09-10-18.jpg
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition-launches-january-11-2019-in-the-americas-and-europe

Cosmic_Link
09-10-2018, 05:53 PM
https://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ToVDE-Init_09-10-18.jpg
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition-launches-january-11-2019-in-the-americas-and-europeLove that it is staying true to form with the previous Tales of releases, but I am also disappointed that this is not a G4 Steelbook. :(

ihadmail
09-11-2018, 12:00 AM
Love that it is staying true to form with the previous Tales of releases, but I am also disappointed that this is not a G4 Steelbook. :(

There aren’t any real details yet. I’m going to stay hopeful until I either get an answer from Bandai-Namco or the details are added to the listing.

So far this one teaser image is all that’s been released for all variations of this special edition.

ihadmail
09-12-2018, 01:04 AM
I have received confirmation about the metal case. It will hold the DVD that’s included in the special edition, so no G4 sized metal case for Tales of Vesperia.

ihadmail
09-13-2018, 01:10 AM
Furi CE from LRG was confirmed today. It has a sweet white steelbook.

Twisted
09-13-2018, 08:51 AM
Super Rare Games is doing a survey for potential steelbooks for future switch releases..credit goes to the earlier poster whom brought this to our attention..but so far the twitter voting appears to be a roughly even split ...i can't believe there's soo many collector's that HATE steelbooks LOL..

ihadmail
09-13-2018, 09:37 PM
Super Rare Games is doing a survey for potential steelbooks for future switch releases..credit goes to the earlier poster whom brought this to our attention..but so far the twitter voting appears to be a roughly even split ...i can't believe there's soo many collector's that HATE steelbooks LOL..

The owner of Super Rare, George, is in a Facebook group that I’m a member of. He stated there that because any Steelbooks they offer will be add-ons that they can be purchased seperately by anyone who only wants the steelbook.

smashfanDS
09-24-2018, 05:20 PM
https://ec.geo-online.co.jp/shop/g/g515190501/

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition (known as REMASTER in Japan) with steelbook. No picture of the steelbook just yet.

ihadmail
09-24-2018, 10:44 PM

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition (known as REMASTER in Japan) with steelbook. No picture of the steelbook just yet.

I have asked a friend who lives in Japan to reach out to GEO Mart to ask about the size of this steelbook. One of their previous Switch steelbook bonus cases was G2 sized.

I can add this to the unconfirmed size portion of the list if you all would like me to.

ihadmail
10-05-2018, 09:47 PM
EB Games Australia has listed Big Bash Boom with a preorder bonus Steelbook. The image shows it to be a G4. https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-244430-Big-Bash-Boom-Nintendo-Switch

ihadmail
11-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Battle Chef Brigade CE from Limited Run Games will have a Steelbook. On sale 11/9. I’ll update the OP later tonight or tomorrow hopefully when I can get to a PC.

ihadmail
11-07-2018, 10:33 PM
Battle Chef Brigade CE contents:

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1060297610899189761?s=21

riva128
11-22-2018, 03:59 PM
i've received my pokemon steelbook.
http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/bfae17b6ly1fxh9zzv6hmj20u012u4hq.jpg
http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/bfae17b6ly1fxha04ijuaj20u01544ia.jpg

Twisted
11-22-2018, 11:08 PM
That Pokemon GO is stunning and beautiful steelbook!..thank you for sharing the pictures..i like it a lot!!! ..i actually have one ordered too!!

ihadmail
11-28-2018, 03:33 PM
EBGames Australia announced that the Big Bash Boom is just a Steelbook with a digital code.

ihadmail
12-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Smash Bros steelbook is available seperately at Amazon.co.uk https://amzn.to/2E2tskB?

ihadmail
12-07-2018, 11:43 PM
I am fairly certain that the US and EU Smash Bros steelbooks are different. The EU looks very smooth and shiny in photos and the US is matte black with a textured shiny logo.

I’ll be able to confirm this once my EU steelbook arrives in the US around the 15th.

ihadmail
01-01-2019, 02:46 PM
Sorry for the delay in updating. Celeste CE is getting a Steelbook and released in just a few minutes. Good luck, these will go extremely fast.

smashfanDS
01-08-2019, 04:31 AM
Sorry for the delay in updating. Celeste CE is getting a Steelbook and released in just a few minutes. Good luck, these will go extremely fast.

Oh wow, it's beautiful! I didn't know of this release. I guess I'll have to wait until April or May for Fangamers' release.

smashfanDS
01-08-2019, 04:47 AM

The steelbook now appears on the link!

Spect3r
01-08-2019, 09:11 AM
The steelbook now appears on the link!

Its the same design as the G2

riva128
01-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Its the same design as the G2

it's not G4 size

Spect3r
01-08-2019, 09:18 AM
it's not G4 size

Oh ok :)

ihadmail
03-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Sorry for being MIA. I'm updating the OP now.

TDream
04-30-2019, 06:06 PM
So the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 US ver is a MetalPack and the EU ver is a Steelbook? Are there any comparison pics of the art etc?

origammirip789
04-30-2019, 06:08 PM
So the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 US ver is a MetalPack and the EU ver is a Steelbook? Are there any comparison pics of the art etc?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/e84c7e9456aa4ee3c7f70fb6debacf1e.jpg

They are all steelbooks

smashfanDS
04-30-2019, 06:17 PM
They are both SteelBook, with the engraving design on the back being slightly different for both.

Spect3r
04-30-2019, 06:21 PM

There are G4 size metalpacks?

origammirip789
04-30-2019, 06:39 PM
There are G4 size metalpacks?

Yes. Flashback and some others

smashfanDS
04-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Not that I have seen, it's just in the USA, they used the word "metalpack/case" and not SteelBook in marketing the CE.

So I was skeptical, and got me the EU one which was stated as SteelBook from the start.

TDream
04-30-2019, 07:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190430/e84c7e9456aa4ee3c7f70fb6debacf1e.jpg

They are all steelbooks

There is a G2 size one?:nosleep:

Japanese edition is G2... did not know that.

gamecollector_nz
05-21-2019, 05:50 AM
Not sure if anyone seen this one before?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/3f407e88b74d1b28e6c9acdf28cc4768.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/3e9501440ffd9ab032b7b2b7e8bd4e64.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/da50ea2bac8a6b9e28d5ab0ba6f3250c.jpg

smashfanDS
05-21-2019, 07:11 AM
Wow, that's new!

Where is it from?

gamecollector_nz
05-21-2019, 07:18 AM
I got this futurepak from a UK seller, not sure where did he got this from

GameTrigger
05-21-2019, 02:38 PM

Nice find, never seen that before - now must hunt one for my FF collection!
P.S if not a secret, what you paid for it?

Spect3r
05-21-2019, 02:51 PM

Weirdly enough, it doesnt come up in any google search, not even the slightest reference to it.
Also, if you look at the back, the image is not properly centered... you sure this is official and not a fan made?

gamecollector_nz
05-21-2019, 03:03 PM
I got it from eBay for £26, I don’t know if it’s official one or fan made either, if it’s a fan made then I would say it’s made really well

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/ce0114b2e0d663e8b74cf57810078f05.jpg

Spect3r
05-21-2019, 03:33 PM
I got it from eBay for £26, I don’t know if it’s official one or fan made either, if it’s a fan made then I would say it’s made really well

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/ce0114b2e0d663e8b74cf57810078f05.jpg

Yes, very well made, other than the image in the back not being 100% centered, it looks perfect and is for sure pretty.

GameTrigger
05-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Let's wait and see - Remastered Edition isn't released yet ;)

tmp
05-23-2019, 04:46 PM
As far as I know novobox created few prototypes of Switch futurepaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhPNX2D1IY

Spect3r
05-23-2019, 04:50 PM
As far as I know novobox created few prototypes of Switch futurepaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhPNX2D1IY

Hmm interesting.

Also, after 2 years of existence, their channel has less than 70 subscribers?!? Damn :scratch:

ihadmail
06-26-2019, 04:09 PM
I've updated the list again with everything I know of. Am I missing anything?

Twisted
06-27-2019, 07:44 AM
did the SUPER MARIO U FuturePak case ever make it out anywhere in the world?

ihadmail
06-27-2019, 12:01 PM
did the SUPER MARIO U FuturePak case ever make it out anywhere in the world?

Not to my knowledge. I haven’t even seen any of the proofs/prototypes on eBay or any collector sites.

Twisted
06-27-2019, 10:32 PM
it's a shame, that Mario one for the switch did'nt come out..that FuturePak G4 case for NSMBU Deluxe is soo shiny and sweet looking!! :D i can't believe it didn't come to fruition because it really looks sharp!!.i would LOVE!! to have it!..i'm not sure if i could reach out to the company and inquired about it!?..they would probably ignore me LOL..also, because it's a Nintendo proprietary design, it's probably considered like a "trade secret"..they wouldn't sell me one anyways!?

ihadmail
06-28-2019, 01:02 PM
There is a possible variant Super Mario Maker 2 Steelbook from Russia. I have messaged the seller asking if they have photos of the actual Steelbook in this set and also have a friend who has ordered one.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F16 3754656185

origammirip789
06-28-2019, 01:25 PM
There is a possible variant Super Mario Maker 2 Steelbook from Russia. I have messaged the seller asking if they have photos of the actual Steelbook in this set and also have a friend who has ordered one.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F16 3754656185

I will be getting my copy in Moscow tomorrow. I will post photos if necessary!

ihadmail
06-28-2019, 02:27 PM
I will be getting my copy in Moscow tomorrow. I will post photos if necessary!

That would be appreciated.

Twisted
06-29-2019, 07:21 AM
YES!!...i would love to know if a true variant exists as well in Russia!!..thank you in advance for anyone who is able to post the photos.

Twisted
06-30-2019, 10:04 AM
anybody able to confirm? yet?..if the RUSSIA special bundle Super Mario Maker 2 steelbook is a variant or not?..can someone please let the forum members know!? thank you in advance!

origammirip789
06-30-2019, 11:29 AM
As promised:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190630/843709edf0fda85154a561ae05f9455d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190630/87f039353ac17ec5c6af6b8f93d81924.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190630/f96a48e484e684b09e08ef88a3c04cf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

origammirip789
06-30-2019, 11:42 AM
Is it different?

ihadmail
06-30-2019, 06:03 PM
Is it different?

The front is identical. I don’t have pics of the back/spine of the UK version yet.

ihadmail
07-09-2019, 12:48 PM
ShopTo has individual steelbooks for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

https://www.shopto.net/en/swpo20-pokemon-sword-p62259/?affiliate_source=aw&awc=2943_1562666985_028519a174a8ae5485465212d50fea f1
https://www.shopto.net/en/swpo21-pokemon-shield-p62260/

ihadmail
07-09-2019, 08:49 PM
The Nintendo UK store has also listed the Pokémon dual pack, and each individual pack with Steelbooks. UK shipping only unless using a forwarding company.

ihadmail
07-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Teslagrad is getting a “tin case” it appears G4 size in the photos. I’m waiting on word if it’s MetalPak or some other manufacturer.

These are available as an open preorder from Limited Run Games, but not a numbered LRG release.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/teslagrad-value-pack-switch

Spect3r
07-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Teslagrad is getting a “tin case” it appears G4 size in the photos. I’m waiting on word if it’s MetalPak or some other manufacturer.

These are available as an open preorder from Limited Run Games, but not a numbered LRG release.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/teslagrad-value-pack-switch

If they say Tin Case is probably a Tin Case as in Tomb Raider and Xbox Live membership

ihadmail
07-11-2019, 01:40 AM
If they say Tin Case is probably a Tin Case as in Tomb Raider and Xbox Live membership

Thank you. I’ve updated the original post to just reflect “Tin Case”

Spect3r
07-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Thank you. I’ve updated the original post to just reflect “Tin Case”

I am not 100% sure, but since they say Tin Case.
When is a FuturePack/Steelbook they normally just say Steelbook/Steelcase

ihadmail
07-18-2019, 09:41 PM
EB Games is also going to have the Luigi’s Mansion 3 Steelbook

ihadmail
07-24-2019, 02:16 AM
List has been updated again.

ihadmail
07-25-2019, 10:09 PM
Darksiders Genesis CE has a Steelbook: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQSGDJ6/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=jpswitchmania-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07VQSGDJ6&linkId=1cb97084845b8e74eff6cdca564dc2af

I’m unsure at this time if the Switch edition has a G4 steelbook or not but I’m looking into it.

ihadmail
07-26-2019, 03:31 AM
Luigi's Mansion is also available in Germany: https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_luigi-s-mansion-3-day-night-steelbook-familie-gesellschaft-2520539.html?fbclid=IwAR1z01w1LbXa-83UF3tsbD6JEsA0nW2ws_kfTwjkWTepDZh5bPXvua9GR3s

ihadmail
07-30-2019, 02:30 PM
I have confirmed there are no differences in the US/EU Fire Emblem Steelbooks. I also like how the JP variant is just a reverse of the US/EU variant.

ihadmail
08-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Has anyone gotten confirmation on the Switch version of Darksiders Genesis Steelbook size?

Also, there are detailed pics out of the Teslagrad tin case. It has a fully removable lid and holds the plastic game case.

riva128
09-03-2019, 02:48 AM
I have confirmed there are no differences in the US/EU Fire Emblem Steelbooks. I also like how the JP variant is just a reverse of the US/EU variant.

i found the color of the US is lighter than the EU.

ihadmail
09-03-2019, 02:30 PM
i found the color of the US is lighter than the EU.

Interesting. The copies I received had no discernible differences.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in the US and EU versions of Fire Emblem Three Houses?

Do the colors of Steelbooks typically have manufacturing/printing tolerances that could account for slight differences?

riva128
09-03-2019, 03:16 PM
see my photo

https://i.imgur.com/j5DJf1c.jpg

ihadmail
09-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Added Ghost Blade HD now that Play-Asia has the listing up.

ihadmail
09-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Close to the Sun Futurepak: https://www.wiredproductions.com/products/close-to-the-sun-collectors-edition?ref=5d77be49f0242

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1898/1195/products/CloseFinalCE_2048x.jpg?v=1568191847

riva128
09-15-2019, 04:21 PM
https://dpc8tamkiuhgi.cloudfront.net/ec_media_images/5152861-01.jpg

Maybe the first GEO G4 steelbook

ihadmail
09-15-2019, 08:51 PM
https://dpc8tamkiuhgi.cloudfront.net/ec_media_images/5152861-01.jpg

Maybe the first GEO G4 steelbook

Thank you. I'll add this and the other GEO preorder to the list. Hopefully this is a correct image and we actually start getting G4 GEO Steelbooks :notworthy:

I also reformatted the original post to separate the Steelbooks from Non-Steelbooks as well as list them in alphabetical order. I hope you all like the new format better.

riva128
09-18-2019, 01:42 AM
Bad NEWS:
GEO said that there is no difference in the size between the PS4 ver and SWITCH ver.

https://i.imgur.com/7nralke.jpg

ihadmail
09-18-2019, 02:39 AM
Bad NEWS:
GEO said that there is no difference in the size between the PS4 ver and SWITCH ver.

Thank you for getting this information! I had tried to get it myself but was unsuccessful.

Twisted
09-18-2019, 02:50 AM
Darn it!!..but I kinda knew it! Because a couple of years back Steelbook Japan admitted there capacity is limited to G2 ONLY!

ihadmail
09-18-2019, 12:44 PM
Darn it!!..but I kinda knew it! Because a couple of years back Steelbook Japan admitted there capacity is limited to G2 ONLY!

If that’s still the case then I wonder where 7-11 Japan got their, at the time, exclusive Pokémon Let’s Go preorder bonus Steelbook.

dbluewillow
10-13-2019, 09:44 PM
These just sold out.... but LRG released Wandersong and its CE
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0912/7444/products/Switch_MockUp_CE_Banner_Wandersong.png?v=157080241 9

dbluewillow
12-04-2019, 10:00 PM
Another new one coming soon:

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii-thors-academy-edition-nintendo-switch

https://store.nisamerica.com/media/wysiwyg/Product_info.png

dbluewillow
12-16-2019, 05:31 PM
More! The image suggests that there exists a Switch-sized version.

https://nintendosoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/my-hero-ones-justice-2-ce-northamerica-dec162019.jpg

Lord Warwick
03-01-2020, 02:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EP4aVQoUUAAkzYI?format=jpg&name=large

Lord Warwick
03-01-2020, 02:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQvot9YX0AAgniO?format=jpg&name=large

Lord Warwick
03-13-2020, 11:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETAfxRoWoAM_r8Y?format=jpg&name=large

Lord Warwick
05-03-2020, 11:40 AM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0359/7723/2515/products/RG_DE_Switch2_1200x.png?v=1586482578

Lord Warwick
05-03-2020, 11:42 AM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0359/7723/2515/products/GG_DE_Switch2_1200x.png?v=1586470670

dbluewillow
05-06-2020, 07:51 PM
LRG just announced a Shantae and the Seven Sirens G4 Steelbook.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXWMmnPUwAAhad2?format=jpg&name=large

L1Slayer
05-06-2020, 08:15 PM
Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 & Jedi Academy G4 Steels. Both have an ES of 2500.
https://i.imgur.com/GA76WnU.png
https://i.imgur.com/Gj0AtoQ.jpg

Spect3r
05-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Im not sure if this is a real thing or not, but is announced as pre order offer in Asia (doesnt specify country)
I also didnt checked every page, just the list, so if is already posted just ignore it :P

Zelda Link's Awakening

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/3uEAAOSwpPlesILa/s-l1600.jpg

riva128
05-07-2020, 03:59 PM
Im not sure if this is a real thing or not, but is announced as pre order offer in Asia (doesnt specify country)
I also didnt checked every page, just the list, so if is already posted just ignore it :P

Zelda Link's Awakening

It is a custom designed by a seller on Taobao.com as the bonus for buying the game from him.
He also designed some other cases, like DQ11S, pokemon sword & shield etc.

Spect3r
05-07-2020, 04:16 PM
It is a custom designed by a seller on Taobao.com as the bonus for buying the game from him.
He also designed some other cases, like DQ11S, pokemon sword & shield etc.

Thanks for clarifying :)
Like i said, i had no idea, i just wrote what the ebay listing said.

Genmai
05-17-2020, 09:53 AM
Need to add the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition Collector's set from the EU.
https://s1.thcdn.com//productimg/1600/1600/12520451-1744755741634392.jpg

dbluewillow
05-21-2020, 08:03 PM
Another one: Little Inferno, sold through Super Rare Games

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXMQAlFXkAM05Ii.jpg

Lord Warwick
05-22-2020, 07:32 PM
Sold thru SLG
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2494/7430/products/UKB-Umihara-Kawase-BaZooKa__MockUp_CE-Box_3D_Games_SB_NSW_ININ-Logo_1000x1000_887016f5-693c-4691-a198-c539338ab9ae_1024x1024.png?v=1590138120

Lord Warwick
07-04-2020, 02:59 AM
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Limited Edition
https://store.nisamerica.com/media/wysiwyg/TOCS4_ESRB_NSW_LEGlamshot.png

Cosmic_Link
07-06-2020, 03:53 PM

Zelda Link's Awakening

Wish I’d have seen this at the time. It’s so cute!! <3