PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from UK to US

lhurgoyf
10-04-2010, 10:20 PM
I've seen people mention services where they can get a US/Japanese address that can be used to relay orders from places which do not ship the item internationally... my question is: is there one for the UK? I'd be interested in getting GT5 signature edition from game but that edition only ships to the UK :/

gurpswoo1
10-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Try this link one should fit your purpose.

http://www.buyfromtheuk.co.uk/Shipping/Shipping&forwarders.htm

Have to consider the following though, They will not care about the ultimate condition for Collectors, as long as it's in a reasonable condition it's ok.

You will have to pay tax and Duties as it goes over the $50 limit, they will not mark it down as gift because that is against the law and will be liable.

only cheaper if you order more items and ship together, otherwise works out more for one item.

Please note all of the PAL regions are getting a shippment of this, although it's not likely to be an english language on the cover, except AUS. So could get from a country closer to the US.

Alternatively I or someone else on the forum in the UK could Pre-order you a copy and then check the condition and ship it out to you packed correctly. Plus there are no Fee and Tax as it will be marked as gift. This of course will require you to trust the person on the forum.

twistedsymphony
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I order stuff from amazon.co.uk all the time and have never had a problem with them shipping to the US...

if it's available there then just use that.

gurpswoo1
10-05-2010, 08:50 PM
This is Game.co.uk Exclusive, Amazon will not stock this.

They do have the standard collectors edition though.

Steve50013
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
If you know someone who lives in England and you can trust that works good for me. A buddy of mine I have gamed with for a few years sends me stuff I order, our arrangement is if he wants the cd (if it's open and not an exclusive item) he can keep the game cd and send me everything else or I'll pay for the shipping.

gurpswoo1
10-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi there

I don't mind ordering another copy for you as I have one on order already. In fact I can order 2 more incase one arrives damage and pick the best one for you and get a refund at a local store for the other one.

One thing though, I will only send this facotry sealed, I will not open it up and take the game or Music CD out. Also will have to be sent via DHL as it will be heavy and big. If that's ok, let me know and I will pre-order another if they still have any left. I think there's only 4000 being made.