PDA

View Full Version : Press Kits, do or don't?

MrBubbles
10-18-2010, 09:32 PM
I have some press kits in my collection, they always seem pretty Limited to me. Some time ago a Press Kit from Enslaved passed by on Ebay. Eventually sold for ~$125.

Do you have any press kits on your collection? Or don't you like them?

twistedsymphony
10-18-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't collect them but there are a couple of people here that do... Honestly they've never even been on my radar until I saw a couple people here talking about them.

I think they're definitely very rare... if I had any kind of reliable info on them I might consider cataloging them since they're usually made by the same people who make the CEs

MrBubbles
10-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't collect them but there are a couple of people here that do... Honestly they've never even been on my radar until I saw a couple people here talking about them.

I think they're definitely very rare... if I had any kind of reliable info on them I might consider cataloging them since they're usually made by the same people who make the CEs

Well, I could help you out with the few ones I have. But I doubt if that;s enough. :D

gurpswoo1
10-19-2010, 10:42 AM
It goes against the term of condition of publisher to sell these items which is the reason you can't find many on ebay.

If they are caught they will not recieve any further games for review from them.

More importantly, the publisher retain ownership of these items and have the legal right to take these back who ever the person is, you could be out of pocket when they reclaim them from you for example if you purchased it from ebay.

Steve50013
10-21-2010, 02:10 AM
It depends on the game if I'm really into I might look into finding out if there was a press kit and might pursue getting it, but it usually ends in a... I can't find it anywhere kind of thing.

Right now I would love to get the Split/Second press kit. I LOVED that game.