PDA

View Full Version : PSP Lord-of-Arcana-Slayer-Edition - PSP

gurpswoo1
11-12-2010, 09:25 PM
No info yet on this release, anyone have any ideas.

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PSP/Role-Playing/Lord-of-Arcana-Slayer-Edition/~r352477/?s=edition&hideflag=1&d=1z13fvf

scourdx
11-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Looks like Square Enix wants to steal Monster Hunter success. Looks interesting.

Mandingo
11-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Slayer edition? I don't know, is this the only edition available for purchase? It seems to be priced normally.

gurpswoo1
11-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Normal PSP game retail for £20-£25, the special editions for £29.99.

Kingdom hard BBS was the same.

Mandingo
11-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Well, if slayer edition turns out to be a good CE, I will be picking this baby up off of Amazon. I love these PSP CE's

scourdx
11-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Damn it why can't N. American get goodies like European. So far I missed out on Dissidia and Crisis Core CE. :(

Mandingo
11-26-2010, 03:51 AM
heheh. Yeah, for whatever reason, Square Enix has decided not to release any CE's for the PSP in NA. The situation is made even worse when they released the FFXIV CE over here, when no one cares about that game. What the hell are they thinking? Their market research team sucks.

By the way, methinks the Dissidia CE can be found with relative ease after a little searching. That Crisis Core CE is a bitch to find, however..

gurpswoo1
11-26-2010, 10:01 PM
By the way, methinks the Dissidia CE can be found with relative ease after a little searching. That Crisis Core CE is a bitch to find, however..

Yep 100% true, Crisis core to seriouly hard to find sealed, unsealed copies are still a little hard to find.

Dissidia on the other had, while sold out can be purchased sealed from eBay.

Mandingo
12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Details on the Slayer Edition. It looks damn cool:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-07-dissidia-3rd-birthday-for-spring-2011

http://i54.tinypic.com/rj3vcl.jpg

I love the red game case on this one. Nicely done.

gurpswoo1
12-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Wow - That looks amazing, pre-ordered 2 copies from GAME at that price.

Mandingo
12-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Better still - The article also confirms that Squenix will be doing special editions for Tactics Ogre, Duodecim, and 3rd Birthday, which isn't surprising, I guess.

gurpswoo1
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
A terrible Unboxing video, but it's on the only one at the moment:

-thMcy_Ym3I

Mandingo
02-07-2011, 10:55 PM
:lol: it might be terrible, but thanks anyways.

Gemini-Phoenix
02-08-2011, 07:05 AM
I received mine the other day. Shipped in double-sided bubblewrap, just like they did with the Kingdom Hearts CE. Needless to say, it arrived squashed, just like the afore mentioned CE. Sending back for replacement, and have had stern words with their customer services manager who has passed my comments onto the warehouse manager!

Still, I bet my Tatcics Ogre and Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] come the same way...

gurpswoo1
02-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Gemini where did you get it from, double sided bubble wrap sounds like GAME UK.

I ordered 2 copies from Amazon, they shipped it in a the usual wrap around card board pack, came crushed.

I have pay for postage back with recorded delivery so not worth it for me. Also again as I paid for free delivery instead of another £3 for 1st class, it arrived 2 days after releases.

Mandingo
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Damn, that sucks...

scourdx
02-10-2011, 07:02 AM
I received mine the other day. Shipped in double-sided bubblewrap, just like they did with the Kingdom Hearts CE. Needless to say, it arrived squashed, just like the afore mentioned CE. Sending back for replacement, and have had stern words with their customer services manager who has passed my comments onto the warehouse manager!

Still, I bet my Tatcics Ogre and Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] come the same way...

Damn that sucks. I ordered from Zavvi. Are they any better?

Mandingo
02-10-2011, 07:12 AM
I ordered from Zavvi. Are they any better?

I don't think so. Taken from an earlier post by gurpswoo1 in regards to packaging quality:

The worst one and the ones to stay away from are:

Play.com
Axelmusic - so bad it's should be closed down.
My Memmory
zavvi group
Shopto.net

gurpswoo1
02-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Yeah Zavvi will ship it in a large jiffy bag, it will arrive crushed. Sorry.

They have been known to ship in a box for international customer but cases are few and far between.

Mandingo
02-10-2011, 08:12 AM
I've ordered a copy from HMV.

I hope this turns out to be OK..

gurpswoo1
02-10-2011, 09:12 AM
HMV are far superior to Zavvi, they use a special box and shrink wrap system.

However how it will arrive across the pond is anyone's guess.

enemyzero
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Mine turned up from Game in the aforementioned bubble wrap envelope in perfect condition. I have never had any issues for other CE's packaged this way from Game.

gurpswoo1
02-10-2011, 07:18 PM
What - you are lucky Enemyzero, every single collector's edition that has come in a Jiffy bag or white bubble wrapping has arrived damaged for me.

It's not fair

Skoolstah
02-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Oddly enough, my local store had 3 copies of it. And we usually don't get limited editions.

enemyzero
02-14-2011, 11:42 PM
What - you are lucky Enemyzero, every single collector's edition that has come in a Jiffy bag or white bubble wrapping has arrived damaged for me.

It's not fair

Maybe it's the local sorting office or something else? Regardless it still a major let down to get damaged deliveries

scourdx
02-15-2011, 04:50 AM

Yea. I guess different people will get different result. My copy came today from Zavvi. No damage to the box. They wrap the game with bubble wrap and put it into jiffy bag. So it is all good. :beach:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/scourdx/collection/DSC00428.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/scourdx/collection/DSC00429.jpg

Mandingo
02-15-2011, 06:31 AM
^ Ooh, that Lord of Arcana Slayer Edition is smexy. :spiteful:

gurpswoo1
02-15-2011, 09:23 AM
^ Why can't zavvi do that in the UK.

Mandingo
03-02-2011, 02:10 AM

Ordered from HMV, my copy arrived in one of those dreaded grey jiffy bags. It still came in OK condition, just dented corners, which doesn't annoy me too much. But yeah, I guess there's no uniform packaging standard for these companies. It would be nice if beforehand you could pick exactly what kind of packaging you want your items to be mailed in. This is the next step in customer service, I think.

gurpswoo1
03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Ordered from HMV, my copy arrived in one of those dreaded grey jiffy bags. It still came in OK condition, just dented corners, which doesn't annoy me too much. But yeah, I guess there's no uniform packaging standard for these companies. It would be nice if beforehand you could pick exactly what kind of packaging you want your items to be mailed in. This is the next step in customer service, I think.

Very strangle, all collector's edition game that are bigger than a DVD case are shipped in the box to me from HMV, It's must be down to the individual packer at the warehouse.

Mandingo
03-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Eh, lesson learned.

HMV

I'll probably try another company next time.

lhurgoyf
03-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Sounds like there is no set standard for HMV then. My slayer edition came in a box, with the game itself in a bag attached to the inside of the box (assume to prevent moving around).

Mandingo
03-03-2011, 03:21 AM
Sounds like there is no set standard for HMV then. My slayer edition came in a box, with the game itself in a bag attached to the inside of the box (assume to prevent moving around).

Did you use standard airmail or the more expensive courier option?

hmm.. it sounds like my copy could've been sent in a box, but Customs may have chucked it. :(

lhurgoyf
03-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Did you use standard airmail or the more expensive courier option?

hmm.. it sounds like my copy could've been sent in a box, but Customs may have chucked it. :(

The cheapest, standard airmail. Guess it might be luck of the drawl?

scourdx
03-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Lol...I order the Tactics Ogre Premium Edition from Zavvi. This time package is smaller than last time. There were minor dent but nothing significant. It is very weird how they would use different packaging.

Mandingo
03-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm so pissed Amazon UK doesn't ship out videogames overseas. :mad:

That would probably remedy any packaging woes for me.

Mandingo
03-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Lol...I order the Tactics Ogre Premium Edition from Zavvi. This time package is smaller than last time. There were minor dent but nothing significant. It is very weird how they would use different packaging.

Just got my Tactics Ogre premium edition from Zavvi - Bubble-wrap envelope, no damage to the box. I am pleased. :D

gurpswoo1
03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh for crying out load, - How it got all the way to you in good condition is beyond me, I live 50 miles from the depot and it gets destroyed.:no:

Gemini-Phoenix
03-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Gemini where did you get it from, double sided bubble wrap sounds like GAME UK.

I ordered 2 copies from Amazon, they shipped it in a the usual wrap around card board pack, came crushed.

I have pay for postage back with recorded delivery so not worth it for me. Also again as I paid for free delivery instead of another £3 for 1st class, it arrived 2 days after releases.

Yea, I ordered from GAME. I sent it back for a replacement, but the replacement was sent in just a Jiffy bag, after I specifically requested they ship in a box! Needless to say, this arrived squashed just as bad as the first.

Considering sending back for a refund and buying from HMV instead, as at least their flimsy cardboard shipping boxes offer some degree of protection and rigidity. My Tactics Ogre arrived Ok from them.