PDA

View Full Version : Disgusting Amazon delivery policy

gurpswoo1
12-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Has anyone noticed that Amazon now force you pay extra to make sure a pre-order games turns up on the day of release instead of 2-3 days later than the release date.

I though it was a joke but they didn't send out my item until the actual day of release with free super saver. This is disgusting and have decided to no longer pre-order games from them.

Hopefully other retailers don't start doing this.

Gemini-Phoenix
12-15-2010, 08:44 PM
I have noticed that a lot of items I order from HMV have been arriving two to four days later than the release date, when before they would arrive a couple of days prior. I'm putting it down to the bad weather and excess Xmas packages for the time being though, but it is frustrating when you expect a Dvd to arrive on a Monday and it doesn't arrive until Thursday or Friday

Likewise, if I order several items together, they tend to arrive days apart. One example is the recent Twilight Trilogy SteelBook - I ordered both the Dvd SteelBook and Blu-Ray SteelBook, but I got them two days apart, neither of which arrived on the release day, yet both were ordered simutaneously and both came from the same distribution centre in Guernsey

gurpswoo1
12-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I have noticed that a lot of items I order from HMV have been arriving two to four days later than the release date, when before they would arrive a couple of days prior. I'm putting it down to the bad weather and excess Xmas packages for the time being though, but it is frustrating when you expect a Dvd to arrive on a Monday and it doesn't arrive until Thursday or Friday

Likewise, if I order several items together, they tend to arrive days apart. One example is the recent Twilight Trilogy SteelBook - I ordered both the Dvd SteelBook and Blu-Ray SteelBook, but I got them two days apart, neither of which arrived on the release day, yet both were ordered simutaneously and both came from the same distribution centre in Guernsey

I understand the weather being an issue for royalmail but not amazon and the HDNL network.

My main issue is that it I choose the free of charge super saver delivery they will dispatch it on the day of release of game/ dvd, etc. When before they would dispatch 2-3 day before.

It's not as if other retailers don't have the same issue as Amazon, others such as Game, Play, and even zavvi have told me that items I pre-order will leave 2-3 days eariler than normal because of the weather. I just find the new amazon delivery practaces to be a another way to get extra money from us and I for one will not be falling for it again.

Also Amazon uses the HDNL network which shouldn't have too many problems with delivery of items as it's tracked and alot of items over £50 go via this network even if you use the Super saver option.

The whole point of pre-ordering is to ensure you are able to receive your copy on the day of release. I completely understand that sometimes a retailer gets it wrong sometimes but this will always happen as a default option and those that pay the extortionate fees for next day delivery will get it and the others won't.

You can see the new text under all pre-order listings on Amazon, they all now say that if you want it for the day of release you have to pay extra. completely unacceptable.

scourdx
12-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Yea Amazon and Gamestop are doing this. It sucks because you aren't getting on the day of the release and force you to buy it straight from the store. If they did this, it should be cheaper.

Mandingo
12-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Wow. Amazon will lose customers over this. They should reconsider this business tactic.

scourdx
12-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Wow. Amazon will lose customers over this. They should reconsider this business tactic.

They did it to save cost on shipping. This is false advertising. If you preorder, you should be able to get it on the day it was release.

gurpswoo1
12-22-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm still waiting for my World of Warcraft Collection edition, pre-ordered that weeks ago with free super saver delivery, it was released on the 7th so no Christmas rush either.

what a joke.

scourdx
12-22-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm still waiting for my World of Warcraft Collection edition, pre-ordered that weeks ago with free super saver delivery, it was released on the 7th so no Christmas rush either.

what a joke.

Wow. That's sad. Is it UK by any chance or N. America? One of my package I ordered from Playasia didn't arrive until this week Monday. It was originally shipped on Nov. 11. Talk about very late delivery.

gurpswoo1
12-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow. That's sad. Is it UK by any chance or N. America? One of my package I ordered from Playasia didn't arrive until this week Monday. It was originally shipped on Nov. 11. Talk about very late delivery.

It was from the UK

With play-asia I can understand becuase it has to ship from hong kong, but atleast you can feel safe because they package the item well. Still that's one long delivery time.

The worst thing is that I ordered a CD 2 days ago using super saver delivery and it turned up today. What is going on with them.

Mandingo
12-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I'm glad Play-Asia at least ships their items perfectly. I ordered from a similar Hong Kong exporter, Renchi.com, and the item I bought was heavily dinged and beat-up pretty badly. :lol: Lesson learned.